People you feel sorry for

I genuinely feel sorry for the parents of kids with disabilities. Some of the stuff I've seen with close relatives and a friend or two makes me admire them greatly.

Here is a nice piece regarding this (wont post the whole of it):

http://www.our-kids.org/archives/Holland.html

I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this......

When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting.

After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland."

"Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."

But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay.

Anyone see the magazine from the Herald Sun on Sunday??

Article in there about a woman who is basically allergic to everything on the face of this earth. She can only eat mashed potatoes, mashed bananas and zuchinni, and lives 24/7 in a room that is cut off from the rest of the house.

Feel so sorry for her.

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Anyone see the magazine from the Herald Sun on Sunday??

Article in there about a woman who is basically allergic to everything on the face of this earth. She can only eat mashed potatoes, mashed bananas and zuchinni, and lives 24/7 in a room that is cut off from the rest of the house.

Feel so sorry for her.
That's taking the term "carb loading" to new extremes

Jeremy Jordan

All Australian
May 2, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Old people. There must be a gene in all old people that makes them walk into Subway and try order their whole meal at the wrong end of the line. Nearly everytime im there some old person will walk straight up to the cash register end and go ‘can I please have a chicken sub with no tomato and extra pickle’. Poor old duffers.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Old people. There must be a gene in all old people that makes them walk into Subway and try order their whole meal at the wrong end of the line. Nearly everytime im there some old person will walk straight up to the cash register end and go ‘can I please have a chicken sub with no tomato and extra pickle’. Poor old duffers.

I feel sorry for the register people who cop it day in day out.

Back