FTA-TV Person of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Called it early that the safe was a bomb but thought it would take down the whole building with most of dominic army in it.

Im sick of dominic not interested in him at all.
Yeah I was a little disappointed that Marlo somehow managed to get out of that alive...

Interesting to learn a little more about Elias.

Yeah I was a little disappointed that Marlo somehow managed to get out of that alive...

Interesting to learn a little more about Elias.

Yeah that was dissapointing. How boss would it have been if Elias took out Dominics operation in one fell swoop? Would have lived up to the characters reputation.

Liked the backstory of the building and Elias though. Colantoni is such a good actor.

Oh and forgot to say RIP scarface.

Another good ep.

There's a problem with Dominic though.

Elias we've had since the first few episodes and he's always been intriguing. His introduction became epic when it was revealed on the ferry that he wasn't a schoolteacher. Then we don't see him for half a season until that finance broker episode when he's revealed as the mastermind in the last 10 seconds. We get him on and off for another 2 seasons, always seemingly in a position of power - and then bang - when all the attention is on whether it'll be Fusco or Reese who kills Simmons he turns up out of the shadows and does the deed himself. Again pretty epic.

Dominic by contrast seems to have been rushed in a little bit. No time to grow on the audience and his scenes haven't quite hit the mark the way Elias' have. eg his reveal was reminiscent of Elias' but just didn't have the same impact. We've got no real backstory as to why he's all of a sudden here and it just feels a bit hollow.

I appreciate what they're trying to do in generating someone to take on Elias, I just wish he'd popped up in an episode or two in season 2 or 3 with a bit of mystery surrounding him and had a bit of backstory flushed out, not dissimilar to how Greer rocked up in a single ep a season or so before he became a semi regular and we found out what he was involved in.

Btw does anyone else reckon John Nolan (Greer) would make an awesome Bond villain?

They appeared to foreshadow some tension between Dominic and Link/Marlo
Dominics attitude towards soldiers being dispensable and Link's conversation with Anthony has placed doubt in his mind I reckon

Yeah I got that vibe too.

Marlo wants to be the king.

Dominic's alright but his motivations haven't been established very well.

Also some of the dialogue they have him come out with is pretty cringeworthy. That whole speech in the schoolroom a couple of weeks ago about circles having potential and intersecting made absolutely no sense.

Still, the actor who plays Dominic is top shelf so I reckon with a bit more fleshing out he might turn into a really good character.

waiting on the reddit theory where person of interest is actually the prequel to the wire

Lol really? I can't see it myself.

Reading a little between the lines but, assume he has grown up in that gang environment and is merely another 'player' in 'the game' albeit a much better player than those before him. I think John and co / the brotherhood have merely come into each others orbit naturally through the course of each others business. Dominic doesn't necessarily have a motive to target John and co outside of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also some of the dialogue they have him come out with is pretty cringeworthy. That whole speech in the schoolroom a couple of weeks ago about circles having potential and intersecting made absolutely no sense.

Still, the actor who plays Dominic is top shelf so I reckon with a bit more fleshing out he might turn into a really good character.

As much as I hate the term cringeworthy you are spot on. His whole demeanour annoys me. I dont what it is but to compare him to Elias who you can see and believe his motivations but with this guy im sitting there thinking whats his problem.

Im gonna be pissed if he takes out any of the crew or Elias.

The only thing I liked about his speech in the classroom was that it was a callback to one of my favourite episodes

Yeah agree with Dominic being cringe worthy. I think he can be a formidable foe to Elias, as we've already seen. Him deducing that there was a benefactor in the shadow, at the end of the last episode, was good.

I'm quite bored of this show tbh. It hasn't really done anything new or exciting and it feels like the same person of interest episode served up over and over again.

I think the multiple villains are starting to bite itself in the arse. It doesn't provide any tension for the next episode, and the fillers right now just aren't cutting it.

Finally they get to the big show

Didnt like the kid talking on behalf of samaritan.

If Shaw dies I am going to pissed but please dont let it be at the hands of that arrogant blonde bitch

thought the kid talking was the only way it could actually work

reminded me of the movie fallen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back