FTA-TV Person of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Fusco was my thought, I just didn't understand why you wouldn't show who it was if it was simply him. Still don't fully, but everything else fits.

I think because by only showing the car it remained centred around Reece without becoming disjointed to include Fusco + Reece. Fusco didn't have anything to do with that particular story so would have been inconsistent or distracting. I think it was done perfectly.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think because by only showing the car it remained centred around Reece without becoming disjointed to include Fusco + Reece. Fusco didn't have anything to do with that particular story so would have been inconsistent or distracting. I think it was done perfectly.
Fair enough too. I think I've just become accustomed to this show leaving loose ends for a reason and that seemed like one to me. But I've probably read too much into this one going by the evidence.

Fair enough too. I think I've just become accustomed to this show leaving loose ends for a reason and that seemed like one to me. But I've probably read too much into this one going by the evidence.

The more of Fusco though the better. He's one of the best characters.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Excellent episode.

Did the Machine have Root unwittingly create a contingency and is it going to rope a dope Samaritan?

Incidentally, the next episode is called YHWH.

The ancient Hebrew language that the Hebrew Scriptures were written in did not have vowels. In the original Hebrew, God's name is given as "YHWH."

Fitting, as we are about to witness the battle of two 'gods'.

Last edited:
Such a high quality episode running three different story lines. All were of amazing quality. Next week looks, as Dwayne Russell would say, 'crazy good'.

I think Harold teaching the machine how to play chess will prove advantageous for team machine
Can almost expect something similar to what Elias pulled on Dominic

I think we saw in this episode that while Samaritan has more power and resources at its disposal, 'The Machine' is the more evolved of the two - assigning worth and relevance to the human actors.

I was also getting strange vibes from Reece in that episode and the past few eps in general. It feels like they're trying to resolve his emotional issues, which is something they've pretty much avoided up until this point. Kind of feels like they're setting him up to be killed off, tbh.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Such a high quality episode running three different story lines. All were of amazing quality. Next week looks, as Dwayne Russell would say, 'crazy good'.

God I hope there's a 'chaos ball' or two in the next ep.

Great ep. There needed to be more like this in the second half of this season.

I was really looking forward to Control being Finch and Roots savior. May still be but not in the way I was thinking.

What I took away for certain is that Harold and Shaw will survive. Everyone else is up in the air. I'm prepping myself for multiple deaths and I really think John may be one of them.

Really interested to see how Calub and Roots ap features in the season final. I think the machine has planned the exact events that have transpired and Calub's importance is about to become apparent.

I wonder if Claire is gonna be back next week.

Now CBS, pick up the show for season 6! It's doing good numbers still, just CBS have a lot of shows in that genre. I'm sure it will appear somewhere for s6. Would be amazing if HBO or someone picked it up. No chance though

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Also, I'm starting to think the machine may have physically hidden itself inside Samaritan. Well I did think that up to the point where Samaritan deployed all assets at the end. Samaritan would have to know where itself is.

It makes sense on quite a few levels though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good episode. Left me wanting more.
Its sad that the Elias and Brotherhood story lines had to end.
The laptop scene with Finch was particularly well done.

Where they've left the story now...makes me think next season will be superb.
I wonder if Finch obtaining help from one of the people he's saved is a look at things to come. Next season they'll need all the help they can get.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good finale. Not my favourite ending - season 2's still is - but still very solid. The scene with the screens stole it for me too - the machine is most definitely a character in the show now.

How long is it going to take to rebuild the machine? Will Finch have to 'cripple' her again? Does he choose to do that if Samaritan goes crazy in the next 6 months?

Good point about past numbers coming back to help Finch but thought that Caleb seemed to be put in there without much purpose other than 'It's Harold! Give him anything he wants!'.

Good finale. Not my favourite ending - season 2's still is - but still very solid. The scene with the screens stole it for me too - the machine is most definitely a character in the show now.

How long is it going to take to rebuild the machine? Will Finch have to 'cripple' her again? Does he choose to do that if Samaritan goes crazy in the next 6 months?

Good point about past numbers coming back to help Finch but thought that Caleb seemed to be put in there without much purpose other than 'It's Harold! Give him anything he wants!'.

You just needed to get rid of the spaces between the brackets. so [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] but with no spaces in between.

Elias might be left up in the air in case they have to use him later on as the story develops. I think this episode sets up plenty for season 5.

Basically unless they have the character shot in the head in front of the viewer then there is a chance they could be back. I think control will be back. I would love to see Elias make it out of there as well.

It wouldn't have done justice to the story line to end the machine vs samaritan war this season. Depending on where they go with it next season I could definitely see it running through to season 6. Plenty of material to work with.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Basically unless they have the character shot in the head in front of the viewer then there is a chance they could be back. I think control will be back. I would love to see Elias make it out of there as well.

It wouldn't have done justice to the story line to end the machine vs samaritan war this season. Depending on where they go with it next season I could definitely see it running through to season 6. Plenty of material to work with.
It's not in that interview, but I read an article on another site where Plageman confirmed that both Elias and Dominic are very much dead. He talked about how hard it was to tell Enrico Colantoni that they were writing him out.

On a semi-related note he also said that he and Jonathon Nolan were going to kill off Reese during season 4, but the plans changed when Sarah Shahi got pregnant. Since she's slated to return sometime in Season 5, Jim Caviezel might be on borrowed time.

It's not in that interview, but I read an article on another site where Plageman confirmed that both Elias and Dominic are very much dead. He talked about how hard it was to tell Enrico Colantoni that they were writing him out.

On a semi-related note he also said that he and Jonathon Nolan were going to kill off Reese during season 4, but the plans changed when Sarah Shahi got pregnant. Since she's slated to return sometime in Season 5, Jim Caviezel might be on borrowed time.

Would be a bold move. Jim Caviezel doesn't carry the show, but he's a big cog in the wheel. I could see it really disjointing the story/entertainment value of the show. To be honest when the series comes to an end in my mind only Fusco would be left alive. I could see important and moving deaths for the rest of the characters along the journey.

Dissapointed Elias is dead but in a way I am glad the show didnt just persist with him being a bad guy after his introduction and became an ally of team machine.

Dominic meh. Even though it would have been obvious and possibly lame would have loved for someone to repeat his own mantra of everybody dies to him before he bit the bullet.

John Nolan plays the character of Greer so well, the way he coldly looked at control the whole time she had the gun on him and through his demeanor you could tell what was to come.

Samaritan's correction was a nice little twist, sad to see the relevance agent dead, dont remember his name only remember his as Ashur from Spartacus.

You cant kill John the show would just not be the same without him. Same with Harold.

Finally the machine and Harold, will be good to see possibly Harold go back to his programming days, thats when he was at his best IMO.
They havent really shown of his genius in a while.

Maybe he can give the machine a few new weapons to help fight Samaritan.

Cant wait to see what happens next.

Great episode.

I'm disappointed that they have all at this point in time made it through unscathed and reading that IGN interview it looks like it is going to stay that way. I liked Elias but I'm glad the Elias/Dominic part of the show is no more- especially with the difficulties the team are going to face next season.

Would be a bold move. Jim Caviezel doesn't carry the show, but he's a big cog in the wheel. I could see it really disjointing the story/entertainment value of the show. To be honest when the series comes to an end in my mind only Fusco would be left alive. I could see important and moving deaths for the rest of the characters along the journey.

I agree but the only character I see as indispensable is Harold. As much as I love Root, Reese and Fusco the show would go on if they were killed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back