Personal life

New Job and new location after I get back from what was a cricket trip to Adelaide but has become a trip to Adelaide after getting moved forward. Should be an exciting 2015!

Continuing the theme...

10531472_554418588001875_720741859125585470_o.jpg

What's sports development entail VD? Is it admin focussed or more coaching??
A mixture of Sports Development, marketing, law and admin focus.
The first year is mostly law,marketing and small amount of development since it targets the whole aspect of sports in general.
The second year is more hands on sports coaching work with a small amount of the other subject with 1000 hours of work experience i need to do.

ivan rassmussen

Premiership Player
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not much here, sang the Bulldogs theme song during Ch7 state election broadcast recently, negotiated on a few bits of Federal legislation, had a bit of a falling out with a close friend - let's call her "Jackie". Just debating whether to buy Ballarat and turn it into a giant theme park, with giant dinosaurs behind both sets of goals at Eureka Stadium.

Only kidding. Everyone knows I'm really Daniel Bandy, so just check out my LinkedIn and Twitter to see what I'm up to...!

Not much here, sang the Bulldogs theme song during Ch7 state election broadcast recently, negotiated on a few bits of Federal legislation, had a bit of a falling out with a close friend - let's call her "Jackie". Just debating whether to buy Ballarat and turn it into a giant theme park, with giant dinosaurs behind both sets of goals at Eureka Stadium.

Only kidding. Everyone knows I'm really Daniel Bandy, so just check out my LinkedIn and Twitter to see what I'm up to...!
No you're not. You're Ivan.

ivan rassmussen

Premiership Player
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Continuing the theme...

View attachment 97421

Unreal, love kookaburras, been close to some, but not that close! There's a few at the Big 4 caravan park at Hall's Gap that come down next to camp chairs to take food from hands, but no closer.

On our trip around the country a few years back, we got up close to some wedge-tailed eagles - magnificent birds! Also variously had an emu and two brolgas under our caravan awning - the emu came up to our door in the caravan park in Longreach looking for food. It drank the dirty dish-washing water outside another van's annexe, and would have stuck it's head inside our van if we didn't discourage it. Also saw a juvenile cassowary near Cape Trib crossing the highway, plus my eldest son fed a group of about 6 hawks at Lake Moondara (near Mt Isa) by throwing bread into the air as they swooped about 10m above him.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Spending Christmas in the Italian Alps, which will definitely be a first.

Just got back to the UK after six weeks in Melbourne (I miss it). The highlight came at Tullamarine where, at an Aussie souvenir shop, I convinced a random American to buy a Bulldogs scarf. He had a Carlton scarf in his hand (ugghh). This was enough for me to break my usual rules of social convention and rudely interject into his conversation with the shop assistant ("telling him that the Bulldogs were "by far the best team" and to "just look at the colours"). He relented, and I left Oz with a smile. My job there was done.

Spending Christmas in the Italian Alps, which will definitely be a first.

Just got back to the UK after six weeks in Melbourne (I miss it). The highlight came at Tullamarine where, at an Aussie souvenir shop, I convinced a random American to buy a Bulldogs scarf. He had a Carlton scarf in his hand (ugghh). This was enough for me to break my usual rules of social convention and rudely interject into his conversation with the shop assistant ("telling him that the Bulldogs were "by far the best team" and to "just look at the colours"). He relented, and I left Oz with a smile. My job there was done.
Well done, you have prevented an innocent soul from turning to the dark side.

But there's only room for one biscuit on this board. :p

ivan rassmussen

Premiership Player
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My kids just purchased two guinea pigs, which have confused our kelpie, as she seems to think they are food! We are aiming to move onto some acreage next year, and the kids already have a list:
3 x puppies (1 each)
Some sheep (cheaper than ride-on mower)
Some calves (eldest son intends to use as an investment!)
I intend to add chooks to that list, daughter wants a horse, but have gently tried to point out cost and maintenance obstacles.

Needless to say we will sign them all up as Bulldogs members - but only as long as they can all attend home games at Eureka. :p

Mar 19, 2011
WARRNAMBOOL, VICTORIA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In November I had my first ever solo Art Exhibition. In addition, I published and launched a Calendar of my artwork for 2015 using my paintings from two holidays in Viet Nam. The profits from the sale of the Calendar are being given to a Group who assist orphanages in Viet Nam. An example of my art work have been used for my avatars. I hope to one day do a portrait of a Doggies player. Murph got a bit shy when approached last year however, I'll keep trying.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Start a uni course in Journalism and Business in February.

Other than that, I'll be flogging the MCC membership over the summer of cricket, trying to make sense of the round ball game and it's history, and catching up on a few movies/shows, which I won't mention for fear of being scolded for not having watched them already.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Start a uni course in Journalism and Business in February.

Other than that, I'll be flogging the MCC membership over the summer of cricket, trying to make sense of the round ball game and it's history, and catching up on a few movies/shows, which I won't mention for fear of being scolded for not having watched them already.
What uni are you going to? I'm moving to do a similar double degree next year (hopefully).

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
What uni are you going to? I'm moving to do a similar double degree next year (hopefully).
Monash, at the Caulfield campus.

Are you waiting on your place to be confirmed?

Back