Personal life

Remove this Banner Ad

Small world! So am I. Yeah I've been at Deakin the past 2 years so applied to move over hopefully. Find out on 17th of Jan I think.
Awesome! All the best, hopefully it all works out for you :)

Which course is it? They seem to combine journalism with a lot of other courses.

Same old same old, working a cpl days a week, chill out/work in garden/catch up with mates the rest of the week, most weekends i'm out bush for 2-3 days dancing in the dirt/getting .... &/or drunk at PsyTrance parties. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Some of you guys lead interesting lives....

Me off to Europe Next year in June (hoping the Bulldogs are not playing finals threatening football) back in August, on the cusp of a lot of decisions like to stay where we are or to move to St Leonards (Geelong). One Constance is my Bulldog membership.

Start a uni course in Journalism and Business in February.
Interesting. I graduated a journalism course three years ago. If you need any advice I'd be happy to help. Have been in the industry for three years now

Interesting. I graduated a journalism course three years ago. If you need any advice I'd be happy to help. Have been in the industry for three years now
That'd be fantastic, as I'm not quite sure what to expect going in. I'm really looking forward to it, though.

That'd be fantastic, as I'm not quite sure what to expect going in. I'm really looking forward to it, though.

Just chuck us a PM. I'm loving it at the moment and while I bag it at times, the university degree did help. I'm only at a small regional rag but it's all experience. And that's probably the cornerstone of any advice I'd give - just go and get experience somewhere (university students can usually get good voluntary work which helps when putting together a CV and folio).

Best of luck with it.

Just chuck us a PM. I'm loving it at the moment and while I bag it at times, the university degree did help. I'm only at a small regional rag but it's all experience. And that's probably the cornerstone of any advice I'd give - just go and get experience somewhere (university students can usually get good voluntary work which helps when putting together a CV and folio).

Best of luck with it.
Thanks, I'll definitely be in touch if I'm nervous or have any questions.

I'll do what I can with regards to voluntary work - it adds to the CV, and I just love writing, so I'll have fun doing it. A few opportunities usually open up with VFL clubs and the TAC Cup in winter, so I'll be straight onto that when I start the course and the footy season kicks off.

Thanks, I'll definitely be in touch if I'm nervous or have any questions.

I'll do what I can with regards to voluntary work - it adds to the CV, and I just love writing, so I'll have fun doing it. A few opportunities usually open up with VFL clubs and the TAC Cup in winter, so I'll be straight onto that when I start the course and the footy season kicks off.

Yeah, all my voluntary work centered around footy. It just made sense. I had a mate drafted back in 2008 when I was just starting uni, and then a mate's brother drafted more recently so wrote articles on them along with reporting on a regional football league. They helped immensely.

Me off to Europe Next year in June (hoping the Bulldogs are not playing finals threatening football) back in August, on the cusp of a lot of decisions like to stay where we are or to move to St Leonards (Geelong). One Constance is my Bulldog membership.

You've named your membership? Nice idea. I might name mine Vandelay.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If in doubt, always move to geelong

Finishing my degree then hopefully setting up a business. Can't wait to get this degree done. Exciting year

Finishing my degree then hopefully setting up a business. Can't wait to get this degree done. Exciting year
What business are you looking at starting, mate?

I've had a busy year. One day a week at Uni completing the last 3 units of my bachelor, and working the rest of the week for AFL Syd as a marketing manager. Looking at a few offers I've had in the UK for a potential relocation although still in early stages, yet to decide. Put my first deposit down on a house in Bronte about 2 months ago, which could sway my move.

What business are you looking at starting, mate?

I've had a busy year. One day a week at Uni completing the last 3 units of my bachelor, and working the rest of the week for AFL Syd as a marketing manager. Looking at a few offers I've had in the UK for a potential relocation although still in early stages, yet to decide. Put my first deposit down on a house in Bronte about 2 months ago, which could sway my move.
Would the UK job be alright? I'm guessing it won't be with the AFL.. Haha

I've been roasting coffee for years and this year went to source. In that real high end wanky end of the industry but it just keeps getting better- getting fed up with Melbourne though, the industry's becoming all about style and consumers aren't demanding enough of the product- as hard as that may be to believe considering Melbourne's coffee reputation. Thinking about a city change to launch a brand. There's things we do that aren't really getting done yet.

Would the UK job be alright? I'm guessing it won't be with the AFL.. Haha

I've been roasting coffee for years and this year went to source. In that real high end wanky end of the industry but it just keeps getting better- getting fed up with Melbourne though, the industry's becoming all about style and consumers aren't demanding enough of the product- as hard as that may be to believe considering Melbourne's coffee reputation. Thinking about a city change to launch a brand. There's things we do that aren't really getting done yet.
Yeah I'd enjoy the UK, a lot of relatives over there too, and it's pretty much paid travel so it'd be pretty decent. I'm fairly comfortable in Sydney too, though so I'll have some big decisions over the coming months haha.

Coffee is a meticulous business. especially in a city like Melbourne. It's much the same in Sydney, too. The Hipster/alternative image overshadows quality at the moment which is farcical in my opinion. Good luck with it, man.

Yeah I'd enjoy the UK, a lot of relatives over there too, and it's pretty much paid travel so it'd be pretty decent. I'm fairly comfortable in Sydney too, though so I'll have some big decisions over the coming months haha.

Coffee is a meticulous business. especially in a city like Melbourne. It's much the same in Sydney, too. The Hipster/alternative image overshadows quality at the moment which is farcical in my opinion. Good luck with it, man.
Well I know you've got a lot to consider but the bf community needs you for your solid info and rational views. Put that in your considerations. Haha

Yep I'm in it up to my eyeballs but hate the hipster stranglehold. If I end up in Sydney with it which is something I've considered and you stay you can come in and I'll sneak you some cheeky espressos mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back