Perth Demons Supporters Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny how the signing of Spencer White has made me re-assess the whole list. He's probably the most important signing Perth has made in quite a while. Now, he's not going to be the Naylor medalist next year or anything, but he provides some desperately-needed structure to the forward line. Before Spencer, the forward line looked dire. It looked like it consisted of merely Mitch Morton and a pile of cabbages. But now it seems really good. You've got big Spencer White as the big full forward to mark above his head, you've got the promising Marshall Jones who kicked 3 goals in just his second league game (didn't see it myself but the stats are certainly impressive) at CHF, then you've got Mitch Morton, finally able to play his role of marking small forward. He is backed up by fellow smalls Callum Collard and Callum Walley. That looks like a pretty potent forward line on paper.

Then you shift to the midfield. You've got the tough on-ballers of Aidan Tropiano, Liam McKenna, and Dene White. They will be getting ruck golden service by new recruit Angus Graham, who was very unlucky to get delisted from Adelaide based on his 2014 form. Graham will also be contributing a lot of goals, too. On one wing you have the promising young Michael Sinclair, on the other you have former St Kilda player Clinton Jones, who did very well for Sandringham in 2015. Of the signings Jones is the one I'm most unsure about due to his age, but as long as he does better than Chance Bateman Perth fans should be happy. Then you have Kristian Cary, who was pretty good in the Victorian country leagues. There's a big gap between the Ovens and Murray league and the WAFL, but he's worth a punt.

The less said about the backline the better. Of course, the other glaring list issue is the complete lack of depth, but it's still not that bad of a list. Perth could surprise people in coming seasons. They just need to have a second recruiting drive next year where they can sign some defenders and depth players to make league spots more competitive.

You can rule out the Mortons. They've been taken off the clubs list. Excited about latest recruit Taryn Etto. Looks like an exciting goal kicking midfielder.

You can rule out the Mortons. They've been taken off the clubs list. Excited about latest recruit Taryn Etto. Looks like an exciting goal kicking midfielder.

Yes looking forward to see these new recruits when the scratch matches kick off. Although heading up to hero might be an ask. Be interesting to see if the likes of Jones, graham, Spencer et all play in them or if snake will give the young boys a run which is usually the case.
Its a shame Jarrod Morton in particular won't play this year. He could of held down CHB nicely.

So recently I decided to support a team in each state league, and I wasn't sure who to choose in the WAFL but apparently Perth have black with a red sash so I'll be supporting the Demons in the WAFL from here :thumbsu:. What are our prospects this year?

So recently I decided to support a team in each state league, and I wasn't sure who to choose in the WAFL but apparently Perth have black with a red sash so I'll be supporting the Demons in the WAFL from here :thumbsu:. What are our prospects this year?
They have been in the doldrums for around 30 years, but appeared to have done some good recruiting over the summer, so most were buoyant about their prospects this year, as they are most years, I guess. They didn't get off to a great start but I reckon they'll be rising up the ladder this year.

yeah rising up past SD more than likely Swannies....LOL.....Perth fans get super excited every year pre season with their recruits.... ex AFL recruits of late in Ross Young, Llane Spaanderman, Leon Davis, Paul Bevan, Mitch Morton, Jarryd Morton, Cale Morton et al over the years and still found wining hard going....now more ex AFL boys in Clint Jones, Angus Graham and Spencer White on board....Jones had 45 possessions and Graham had 40 hit outs and they still lost by 7 goals v WP on the weekend....hate to see when those two have an off day how Perth will go.....time will tell, but 2 - 3 finals appearances since 1978 and last flag in 1977 is definitely pushing the loyalty boat out some what......I wish you well eth-dog in your new found support of the Perth footy club.

Last edited:
First post on this site. Not really sure how it works - but worried ozfooty may be shutting down. Anyone off to the Subi game today?

First post on this site. Not really sure how it works - but worried ozfooty may be shutting down. Anyone off to the Subi game today?

Hi Time for a Flag did you watch Perth v Subiaco on Sunday ?
4 goals 19 points was disappointing thought they worked really hard

Apt username is apt.

Thought the Demons matched Subiaco in many aspects of the game, but kicking at goal was not good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the Demons matched Subiaco in many aspects of the game, but kicking at goal was not good

Think some of the younger boys are showing a fair bit

Fisher is 17 years old had 3 good games

Marshall Jones had a solid first League game for the year.

Edmonds had 19 possessions and 9 marks, Fisher had 22 possessions against Subiaco.

Latch was very good
Bell works really hard, stats say he only had 11 possessions his game was much stronger than that defensively

Demons at home to the Bulldogs this Saturday. A win would be terrific to level the ledger at 2-2

Clean sweep on the weekend over Swannies with league, ressies and colts all winning. That may not happen too many times this year.

Seniors might have had a rough start to the year but the colts are going great guns so far.

8-0 at the bye having beaten every team so far. About 5 lads called up to the state squad too I think.

A clean sweep over East Freo
The League effort was terrific

Good to see the game on TV
3 wins in 3 TV games this year

Up the dees. Yep great game to watch on TV. Liam McKenna the firey red nut causing plenty of mischief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back