Perth Demons Supporters Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

DC we might have lost a very good left footer but we've picked up two very good new ones, Darren Humble and Justin Bollenhagen. Bollenhagen is of course an AFL allocated player from the Dockers but Humble is an interesting one. Someone told me he was 26 but in the lift out in The West it said he was 23. He's from B grade ammos from Bullcreek Leeming and from what I have seen of him so far I ask myself, why hasn't he been at a WAFL club before? Maybe he has but I reckon he looks like a very good pick up. He looks well balanced, tough and a very good left foot kick and looks confident.

I like the look of Elari, Florio, Smith and Kickett. They all look capable of stepping up to league footy. Warner looks impressive and it looks like Jarman is going give Billings a chance to prove himself this year. He has struggled with injuries the last couple of years so that will be the key for him. Him and Warner should form a good partnership down back along with Vidot, Thornton, Seikierka, Mzungu and I reckon we might need Lang down a back a bit this year to give some of that hardness we will miss with Zucca gone.

With McDougall on board that gives jarman many more options like being able to swing Ferguson down back when required. Throw in Krueger as well when he's right to go and we should be ok in the big man dept.

Very disappointed at the loss of John New before playing an actual game, did an ACL in the intra-club. Seemed to have a bit of fire in the belly and very pacy.
That's terrible. Good bloke and honest footballer who moved on from Peel for more oppurtunities after consistently being in the Reserves best players the last few years. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted by EaglesFlyingHigh
An interesting Perth fact, they will get smashed by Claremont this weekend, ala Swans.....

Yeh you really flogged us today..........by a massive 14 points with all your big guns in. Still it was a good hitout for both sides today.

That's terrible. Good bloke and honest footballer who moved on from Peel for more oppurtunities after consistently being in the Reserves best players the last few years. Wish him a speedy recovery.

I hate seeing any player cop a knee injury, it just causes too many problems not only with their football but in their personal lives. Really felt for the bloke because he was supposed to be starting a new job on the Monday after the game. It's not like the AFL where the club can support them financially.

DC we might have lost a very good left footer but we've picked up two very good new ones, Darren Humble and Justin Bollenhagen. Bollenhagen is of course an AFL allocated player from the Dockers but Humble is an interesting one. Someone told me he was 26 but in the lift out in The West it said he was 23. He's from B grade ammos from Bullcreek Leeming and from what I have seen of him so far I ask myself, why hasn't he been at a WAFL club before? Maybe he has but I reckon he looks like a very good pick up. He looks well balanced, tough and a very good left foot kick and looks confident.

I like the look of Elari, Florio, Smith and Kickett. They all look capable of stepping up to league footy. Warner looks impressive and it looks like Jarman is going give Billings a chance to prove himself this year. He has struggled with injuries the last couple of years so that will be the key for him. Him and Warner should form a good partnership down back along with Vidot, Thornton, Seikierka, Mzungu and I reckon we might need Lang down a back a bit this year to give some of that hardness we will miss with Zucca gone.

With McDougall on board that gives jarman many more options like being able to swing Ferguson down back when required. Throw in Krueger as well when he's right to go and we should be ok in the big man dept.

Good call. Despite the loss today, the physicallity that Jarman is instilling with their increase in tackling is paying dividends.

Like the look of Elari, excellent ball sense although not overly pacy but the latter can be worked on. A ready made footballer IMO, should be on an AFL list next year.

Ash Smith played today so it will be interesting to see how many games we get out of him. Tim Ruffles is 8 weeks away.

Good call. Despite the loss today, the physicallity that Jarman is instilling with their increase in tackling is paying dividends.

Like the look of Elari, excellent ball sense although not overly pacy but the latter can be worked on. A ready made footballer IMO, should be on an AFL list next year.

Ash Smith played today so it will be interesting to see how many games we get out of him. Tim Ruffles is 8 weeks away.
I agree, i have been very impressed with our tackling and pressure so far and I can see improvement in our skills though there is always plenty of room for improvement. Love it when I hear jars ramming the message home that its skills that win matches, not tactics.

Elari is being played primarily out of a forward pocket atm but I'd like to see him given a run on the ball. I reckon jars is just protecting him atm while gets a taste of the step up to league footy. DC you got any idea when Doogs is going to start playing? Any chance we will see him in the ressies next week or in the opening round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, i have been very impressed with our tackling and pressure so far and I can see improvement in our skills though there is always plenty of room for improvement. Love it when I hear jars ramming the message home that its skills that win matches, not tactics.

Elari is being played primarily out of a forward pocket atm but I'd like to see him given a run on the ball. I reckon jars is just protecting him atm while gets a taste of the step up to league footy. DC you got any idea when Doogs is going to start playing? Any chance we will see him in the ressies next week or in the opening round?

Straight from the horses mouth: round 2 he'll be lining up.

I dont think there's anything wrong with the members side of Claremont Oval, it's the outer and behind the goals that looks like a s**t hole and has had nothing done to it for decades.

Judging by today's score, I think Perth are missing Smith ;)

Nah he wouldn't have made that much difference, but wowee, what a loss.

Judging by today's score, I think Perth are missing Smith ;)

Nah he wouldn't have made that much difference, but wowee, what a loss.

The season as a whole has been poor but I was expecting it tbh. Lost to many quality players after last year (Jones, Zucconi etc etc) and our Sandover medalist, Ross Young, has been below his best.

Best thing to come out of this season has been players like Sibasado, Mzungu and Hodge standing up.

Still going to be a while 'til we are playing finals at this rate :eek:

The season as a whole has been poor but I was expecting it tbh. Lost to many quality players after last year (Jones, Zucconi etc etc) and our Sandover medalist, Ross Young, has been below his best.

Best thing to come out of this season has been players like Sibasado, Mzungu and Hodge standing up.

Still going to be a while 'til we are playing finals at this rate :eek:

Ah yeah fair enough. We (I use that word loosely, I've only ever been to one Perth game but I consider myself a vague supporter) looked pretty good at the end of last season I thought, and we weren't that far off the top four (maybe a game or a game and a half?) and I went to the game where we beat Peel by 20 goals, though Peel are a rabble haha.

I thought that O'Sullivan (not Will Sullivan) was pretty good, he was breaking out of tackles powerfully and he seemed to have good disposal by foot, but doesn't seem to get a ton of the ball. What's the general consensus on him?

Ah yeah fair enough. We (I use that word loosely, I've only ever been to one Perth game but I consider myself a vague supporter) looked pretty good at the end of last season I thought, and we weren't that far off the top four (maybe a game or a game and a half?) and I went to the game where we beat Peel by 20 goals, though Peel are a rabble haha.

I thought that O'Sullivan (not Will Sullivan) was pretty good, he was breaking out of tackles powerfully and he seemed to have good disposal by foot, but doesn't seem to get a ton of the ball. What's the general consensus on him?

The start and end of last season (particularly the start) was really positive. Was pretty optimistic but then we fell away during the middle of the year and lost a fair few games in a row IIRC.

Dan O'Sullivan? Think he is about 22 or 23. Starting to settle into the side now and has played majority of games this year. As you say, doesn't get a huge amount of touches (10-20 per game, in that range) but does a decent job. Personally, I rate him.

Dan O'Sullivan? Think he is about 22 or 23. Starting to settle into the side now and has played majority of games this year. As you say, doesn't get a huge amount of touches (10-20 per game, in that range) but does a decent job. Personally, I rate him.

You're not alone pp, I rate him as well. Like what he offers and what he does around the packs. Would like to see him rookie listed, see what he can do then?:thumbsu:

At the game I went to against Peel, I didn't know any of the players well but from early in the game I realised when O'Sullivan got the ball the Dees looked so much better. Maybe it was just a good day but he was shrugging off tackles Dustin Martin style and was a real playmaker. Also really liked his kicking action :thumbsu:

Heard a rumour today that Cousins may captain/coach Perth next year.

Good move or bad move, if it happens?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back