Peter Slipper as Speaker

Remove this Banner Ad

Heh, heh, system seems to have worked overtime to give Slippery a series of free kicks.

Trial won't be heard until December :D

That should save his super. Still, I do think the old sleaze has suffered enough :)

Heh, heh, system seems to have worked overtime to give Slippery a series of free kicks.

Trial won't be heard until December :D

That should save his super. Still, I do think the old sleaze has suffered enough :)

Compared to the horrible multimillion dollar venality of Macca and he who must be Obeid his small beer s**t is endearing!!

Slipper in more hot water

Slipper sued for unpaid legal bill
Date June 6, 2013 - 8:42PM
Former speaker Peter Slipper is facing legal action from a law firm for unpaid legal bills. Maurice Blackburn lawyers lodged legal documents with the Brisbane Supreme Court on Thursday evening.
The law firm represented Mr Slipper during a sexual harassment lawsuit brought by his former staffer, James Ashby. The firm claims he owes more than $237,000 in legal fees.

"Mr Slipper was made aware of his obligations to pay fees in an agreement made when we started to act for him," a Maurice Blackburn spokeswoman said in a statement. "We have made repeated attempts to recover fees and confirm we are taking legal action to recover what is owed."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...-legal-bill-20130606-2nt4y.html#ixzz2VROLb7wJ

Seeing as he was a Liberal back then shouldn't Tone should fork out the cash to help out his good buddy.
The libs wanted to replace him as he was dodgy, so Gillard made him speaker. The ALP paid for him and still need him for 99 days. Hence one would thin the lawyers are now in a bit of a hurry for the cash.

The libs wanted to replace him as he was dodgy, so Gillard made him speaker. The ALP paid for him and still need him for 99 days. Hence one would thin the lawyers are now in a bit of a hurry for the cash.

Nah, almost finished with sitting weeks for the term. Even if he's convicted once the last sitting weeks are over they'd say too close to the election to bother with a by-election, since parliament wouldn't sit for the new member of his seat to be in before the general election. The ALP's friends have done a good job with Slipper and Thommo going delay delay delay to ensure the pair don't get due deserts from their electorates.

Meanwhile

Peter Slipper misses Question Time to drink wine in parliamentary dining room
  • LANAI SCARR
  • NEWS LIMITED NETWORK
  • JUNE 24, 2013 6:35PM

964648-e99434c8-dca0-11e2-83d7-0411b5c5213d.jpg

The bottle of wine Peter Slipper was seen with during Question Time. Picture:

FORMER parliamentary speaker Peter Slipper skipped Question Time today to take refuge with a bottle of red wine in the parliamentary cafe.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...tary-dining-room/story-fni0xqrc-1226668964764

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hockey has made a statement in parliament that the James Ashby affair was not discussed at all during a meeting with Clive Palmer and Mal Brough in March.

Clive Palmer has just said that the James Ashby affair was certainly discussed.

Interesting.

They did a deal to support him to maintain a majority

Labor got what it wanted. It is only right to return the favour.

Personally I despise the man, and want him to rot in poverty, but I didn't do a deal with him. If I had, I would support him.

Nope ... Slippery is charged with doing much more serious stuff - personally doctoring cabcharge dockets with intention to hide from Dept what he was up to.

Everyone else was given the presumption of innocence and given the opportunity to repay the money without penalty.

The difference is that Slipper was dobbed in on this occasion arguably due to a political vendetta.

Everyone else was given the presumption of innocence and given the opportunity to repay the money without penalty.

The difference is that Slipper was dobbed in on this occassion arguably due to a political vendetta.

According to the findings of the court that word should be replaced by "definitely"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back