Petrie going the choke. Not a good look..

Remove this Banner Ad

When he got a free kick in the third for holding the ball, he pushed his opponent down on the neck/upper chest area (the way you push a bloke after you ping him, to rub it in his face).

The OP for some reason is attempting to compare this to Lake doing it for half an hour and away from the contest.

Nor does he.

Where's the divvy van?

Mate I'd like noting better than for North to make this year's GF - but if you can't see that Petrie puts his hands around the throat and exerts dangerous downwards pressure then you're not Doc Larkins..

Mate I'd like noting better than for North to make this year's GF - but if you can't see that Petrie puts his hands around the throat and exerts dangerous downwards pressure then you're not Doc Larkins..
You're seriously trying to equate that fleeting contact -- which not one Geelong player objected to -- with Lake's attempt to throttle Petrie? Seriously?

You're seriously trying to equate that fleeting contact -- which not one Geelong player objected to -- with Lake's attempt to throttle Petrie? Seriously?
Seriously? You don't think choking someone is serious? Seriously?

JeQV2Od.png

We've got a screen shot and the evidence is quite damming. Drew to miss the prelim (omg we're in the prelim) and 8 extra week. Overall good thread op.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

like hawkins did last night? and like hawkins did last week???

get your hand off it- perhaps asphyxiation is your thing?

JeQV2Od.png

We've got a screen shot and the evidence is quite damming. Drew to miss the prelim (omg we're in the prelim) and 8 extra week. Overall good thread op.

Crushed Trachea. Not a good look for the game. 3 weeks minimum.

No eyegouging provocation...

JeQV2Od.png

Horrible horrible look. My 8 year old just emulated Petrie in the school ground. THEY DON'T EVEN PLAY AFL HERE!!!!!

I'm sure all North fans will join me in wanting an example made of Drew Petrie the eyegouging, throat choking menace to society.

Or perhaps they won't... ;)

6 weeks. Automatic expulsion from the Brownlow for three years :thumbsu:

By the way i would like to add that i am not defending his actions but rather just looking for some consistency... I think that both were more or less harmless despite how bad it looks...yes the mrp might look at it and i understand that it has no place in the game. Maybe players should receive an automatic fine ( and a decent one that may stop them from doing it) if they make unnecessary and intentional contact with another's throat/neck?

I don't think he will be sighted for this but why put your hands there????

Stupid from Petrie, all it does is feed the media vultures for 24-36 hours. His team was on a roll when this occurred, why do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back