Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Earlier tonight......

2lntml0.jpg

Mentioned earlier in the thread (geez it's turned into a Megathread hasn't it:thumbsu:), that mine do this from time to time, Archie in particular really gets the twitches going as well as sometimes letting out a little muffled bark, it's like he's chasing something in a dream.

Mega thread and keep it going guys. :thumbsu: The way our team has been playing lately we need a decent distraction and our four footed pals are just the ticket.

Only thing that is gag making when dog asleep and twitching and snoring and little barks is "farting". :eek: Especially the silent deadly ones. :eek: LOL.

One of our cats (Polly) has been diagnosed as a diabetic. She's getting injected twice a day at home for the foreseeable future and she's not very co-operative.

I found out yesterday that my wife and daughter brought her home from the horse agistment place as a kitten 12 years ago and let me ''discover'' her under our back step.:eek:

During the summer we adopted a stray German Shepherd pup. My daughter rang me and asked if we could adopt him. Not wanting to make the decision I said ''ask your Mother.'' She replied ''Mum's already named him'' to which I replied ''then why ask me?''

Sometimes I wonder what my role is around here when it comes to the pets.:confused:

Oh and Go Roos!

One of our cats (Polly) has been diagnosed as a diabetic. She's getting injected twice a day at home for the foreseeable future and she's not very co-operative.

I found out yesterday that my wife and daughter brought her home from the horse agistment place as a kitten 12 years ago and let me ''discover'' her under our back step.:eek:

During the summer we adopted a stray German Shepherd pup. My daughter rang me and asked if we could adopt him. Not wanting to make the decision I said ''ask your Mother.'' She replied ''Mum's already named him'' to which I replied ''then why ask me?''

Sometimes I wonder what my role is around here when it comes to the pets.:confused:

Oh and Go Roos!

Your job Mr R is to provide the readies to pay for the animals. :D:D
So what is the pup's name and pics???? Oh yeah, liking Mrs R and Miss R's work. :thumbsu:

Reminds me of an early episode of The Osbournes. Ozzy puts foot down, "NO MORE CATS!!!" then next scene Sharon telling Kelly "ooo the vet rang he has another kitten we may be interested in" Kelly "what about dad?" then Sharon "we'll tell daddy it was a stray". LOL. :thumbsu: :D

Your job Mr R is to provide the readies to pay for the animals. :D:D
So what is the pup's name and pics???? Oh yeah, liking Mrs R and Miss R's work. :thumbsu:

Reminds me of an early episode of The Osbournes. Ozzy puts foot down, "NO MORE CATS!!!" then next scene Sharon telling Kelly "ooo the vet rang he has another kitten we may be interested in" Kelly "what about dad?" then Sharon "we'll tell daddy it was a stray". LOL. :thumbsu: :D

I'll ask Ms Reliable to do the pics. Sounds like I'm Ossie Osbourne without the fame, cash or musical ability.

I'll ask Ms Reliable to do the pics. Sounds like I'm Ossie Osbourne without the fame, cash or musical ability.

or substance abuse history, I hope though love the Oz, makes me laugh.

One time Sharon hired a dog therapist to stop all her dogs shitting in the house and Ozzie had a rare moment of clarity "I've heard it all now, Sharon, all you have to do is get up early and LET THEM OUT".:D:D

Oh and Go Roos!

I think I've told this before (maybe even in this thread :)), but this remind me of when we brought Archie home.

....so we were just going to "have a look" at some Lab puppies and would decide later if one would suit us etc. The breeder goes to the dog pen and lets the puppies out and I've got my wife on my left and my daughter on my right, well the sound of the AWWWW!! in 5.1 dolby digital stereo let me know we were going home with a puppy that day:rolleyes:

Oh and Go Roos!

I think I've told this before (maybe even in this thread :)), but this remind me of when we brought Archie home.

....so we were just going to "have a look" at some Lab puppies and would decide later if they suited us etc. The breeder goes to the dog pen and lets the puppies out and I've got my wife on my left and my daughter on my right, well the sound of the AWWWW!! in 5.1 dolby digital surround let me know we were going home with a puppy that day:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi dog lovers, need some advice. We've got a Jack Russell-corgi cross that we rescued in February this year. He's ace - his name is Spencer. When we first had him we tried to get him sleeping inside, but although he was ok for a few weeks, eventually he kept scratching and barking until we got him set up in a kennel, outside on a covered porch, close to the back door.

Now, having slept happily there ever since, I think he has just realized it's Melbourne in winter. The past three nights he's been waking about 5.00 and barking a couple of times to let me know he wants to come inside, which (as nothing else has changed) I'm linking to the suddenly colder nights. But if I try to set him up to sleep inside, he's not happy with that either. He's only happy if I stay up, put the heater on and hang with him in the living room, where I am now.

Is it possible to keep a short-haired dog warm enough outside when the nights start getting down to 5 degrees? Or will I need to persevere with an indoor solution until the weather warms up again? I haven't had a dog before and all the dog people I know well are in warmer climates, so I'd appreciate any advice.

Sounds like a bit of separation anxiety there H2H as well as it's his wake up time and wants to go for "walkies". Though 5a.m. not my idea of fun. Do you know how old he is and have you taken him to vet for his shots and a general health check up? Did you set up his indoor bedding in your room or elsewhere? If not and Spencer sleeping on a doggie bed in your room isn't an issue go for it I reckon. Hey I used to have two Dalmations (now only one since Feb this year) snoring their heads off in my room on the floor by my bed on their futon cushioney beds. I started that habit thanks to Cyclone Yasi last year as up til then they slept in the lounge room for some time when I "softened" and let them sleep in the house after about 6 months of sleeping outside on frame beds.

Dogs are creatures of routine, they can almost tell the time so once you have established one, stick to it and let them know you're the pack leader. Whatever you decide, his kennel with lots of old blankies or a sheep skin mat just outside back door or inside you will have to toughen up and try to ignore him so he realises you get up at your time. Having said that, my Clyde cranks up his "wake up whine" around 6.20 a.m. these days for his morning walk. In summer it's worse as it's lighter earlier.

Apols for my 20 questions. Anyway enjoy being a dog owner and always remember you're the pack leader and be calm and authoritive. Also I'm sure the fellow woofer owners of this thread would love to see a photo of your new pal.

Hi dog lovers, need some advice. We've got a Jack Russell-corgi cross that we rescued in February this year. He's ace - his name is Spencer. When we first had him we tried to get him sleeping inside, but although he was ok for a few weeks, eventually he kept scratching and barking until we got him set up in a kennel, outside on a covered porch, close to the back door.

Now, having slept happily there ever since, I think he has just realized it's Melbourne in winter. The past three nights he's been waking about 5.00 and barking a couple of times to let me know he wants to come inside, which (as nothing else has changed) I'm linking to the suddenly colder nights. But if I try to set him up to sleep inside, he's not happy with that either. He's only happy if I stay up, put the heater on and hang with him in the living room, where I am now.

Is it possible to keep a short-haired dog warm enough outside when the nights start getting down to 5 degrees? Or will I need to persevere with an indoor solution until the weather warms up again? I haven't had a dog before and all the dog people I know well are in warmer climates, so I'd appreciate any advice.

Hearts, we bought a waterproof coat for our old Lab, Tyson. It just velcroes on at the front and underneath. We put it on him at night. Seems to work, but it's hard to tell with Tyson. He's always cheerful. He obviously doesn't follow the footy.

^^^^
Excellent pics everyone. Bowser's a little cutie Q.

I must do a crash course in inserting photos. Then will I have some photos to contribute. Thanks to Lidge (RIP), I can copy and post a youtube clip so I'm not a complete moron.

If anyone can pm me on transferring photos from my phone to BigFooty I'll give it a go. Remember though, I'm a partial moron so please, I'll need every step to be described. Thanks.

Picked up this addition to the family yesterday. Have Decided to call him Bowser, since im a gamer :)

292608_10150919518523347_1153689175_n.jpg

G'day Bowser.

Fun times Q, enjoy the puppy stage.;)

G'day Bowser.

Fun times Q, enjoy the puppy stage.;)

But not too much. I'd like to have my time over again with the formative stage with one of my dogs.

All the stages are good anyway, aren't they? We're pet lovers.

If anyone can pm me on transferring photos from my phone to BigFooty I'll give it a go. Remember though, I'm a partial moron so please, I'll need every step to be described. Thanks.

Don't think you can post images on Bigfooty from ya phone, and if you could I'm wouldn't know how to. Have you tried bluetoothing your photos from ya phone to the computer?

But not too much. I'd like to have my time over again with the formative stage with one of my dogs.

All the stages are good anyway, aren't they? We're pet lovers.

For sure, I was just reminiscing, it's been 6 years or so since our puppy stage.

For sure, I was just reminiscing, it's been 6 years or so since our puppy stage.

It's the same with your kids. They're great when their little, not so great some of the time when they're teenagers and then great again as young adults. Happy days!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back