Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Awwwwwwwww. :(

Banj seems happy, and does not appear to be in any pain. He fell over the other day on a flat surface, breaks our hearts but apparently neurological, so he is now on human drugs!!! still in the wait and see category.

Just popping in guys and gals to see how your fur babies are doing..Oi Dan..that newbie of yours is one cutie patootie..

I was lucky to dog sit a friend's black Lab a couple of weeks ago for 9 days...he was sooooooo good and playful tho 7 yrs old..I spoilt him rotten, of course, and by day 3 he was sleeping on the end of my bed..yikes, my two were never allowed on my bed, no room for me..the only minor hitch was the two new staffies at the back took an exception to him..oi if they could have got through a 6 foot paling fence they would have..lucky he ignored them while we played ball..they must have been jealous..the best part of dog sitting is it's not heartbreaking when the owners come to get them..win win in a way, I get the company of a dog and some cash.

Ya gotta love a Black Lab, Gab. :thumbsu:

Jack using Princess as a pillow...

YXbiP9q.png

Hello all..who has time to get a new dog when one spends time taking wandering dog, one sees on ones walk, to it's home!!!!!!!!!!..3 days in a row!!!! different dogs oi..now I take one of my dog leads with me..try lifting a staffie who was on the loose, he only wanted to play and not follow me..LOL

Good to hear you have another doggie in your house gabbie labs are good.
I would never let my brown lab hank sleep with me he would wanna sleep on top of me:eek: also i think he snores.

It's not the snoring you have to worry about, it's the GAS coming out of said snorer..LOL..and that's NOT ME.:D

Hello all..who has time to get a new dog when one spends time taking wandering dog, one sees on ones walk, to it's home!!!!!!!!!!..3 days in a row!!!! different dogs oi..now I take one of my dog leads with me..try lifting a staffie who was on the loose, he only wanted to play and not follow me..LOL

Heavy aren't they Gabbie :p

It's not the snoring you have to worry about, it's the GAS coming out of said snorer..LOL..and that's NOT ME.:D

Yeah I know what this like....

Heavy aren't they Gabbie :p

Yeah I know what this like....

My late dogs gave a whole new meaning to "silent deadly ones"..One time I had announced visitors, one had her elderly mother with her, said mother not a dog person for a start so of course my two were all over her in a friendly way...they then flopped down at my feet and mid conversation "pfffft" this "smell" came over...was so funny..serve em right for turning up unannounced at LUNCH TIME..:D

A happy ending story of an almost pet.
Very early last Easter Sunday morning while walking Clyde I spotted a dead Wallaby by the roadside, I walked Clyde away so he wouldn't be tooooo interested though on the way back I happened to spot some movement next to the deceased, moved closer and spotted a "pinky"..Joey with no fur. Dragged Clyde home, rang animal rescue lady who lives behind my street, go back to shoo away crows and eagle hovering..she arrives, wraps up the poor wee thing, it is a girl and takes her home to care for her. Touch and go for a few days but things look up.

0lxt.jpg

Ten days ago she somehow got out of her carers house, carer devestated and spent most of the morning looking around the streets also later joined by me, then in the afternoon we looked.
No joy at all..thinking the worst we didn't give up but hoped she was safe and sound and not
run over by a car or attacked by a wandering dog.

THEN JOY OH JOY, yesterday she was found by a person living nearby who had seen the
leaflet left in neighbourhood letter boxes with her picture and returned safe and sound
to carer..We don't know how she survived as is being bottle fed but somehow she did.
She named her after my real name but if she was a Roo I'd change it to Shinboner.

8bkz.jpg

Those pics of the little joey are cute Gabbie

Sorry to invade this awesome thread but I got the ok given to me by my sister in law who owns two dogs that I look after when they are away.
They only just got clipped and groomed the other day.
001.PNG
Rexy is the dog with the white stripe down his nose and Izzy is the shy looking one. They are cross breeds. King Charles Cavilear spaniels with Golden Cocker Spaniels. They have just turned 5 years old. Izzy's the playful one. Rexy just loves cuddles.

Those pics of the little joey are cute Gabbie

Sorry to invade this awesome thread but I got the ok given to me by my sister in law who owns two dogs that I look after when they are away.
They only just got clipped and groomed the other day.
View attachment 32342
Rexy is the dog with the white stripe down his nose and Izzy is the shy looking one. They are cross breeds. King Charles Cavilear spaniels with Golden Cocker Spaniels. They have just turned 5 years old. Izzy's the playful one. Rexy just loves cuddles.

Not invading UmpiringFooty The more, the merrier. Thread has gone a little cold lately, but might warm up again in off season, (I must get out and take a few snaps of mine).

Nice looking dogs :thumbsu: My wife had a Golden Cocker Spaniel as a child and I've always had a soft spot for them too, they are usually pretty affectionate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not invading UmpiringFooty The more, the merrier. Thread has gone a little cold lately, but might warm up again in off season, (I must get out and take a few snaps of mine).

Nice looking dogs :thumbsu: My wife had a Golden Cocker Spaniel as a child and I've always had a soft spot for them too, they are usually pretty affectionate.

So true Baz. I've been doing a lot of dog sitting lately and will have to post some pics of the dogs I've looked after. It's best for me as I can't see me getting another dog, too heartbreaking to think about it but looking after other dogs and getting PAID CASH is the way to go for me. Next month I'm booked out for 3 weeks at home. I have two cutie patootie dogs to look after while their owners go away.

I'll be posting up a lot more pics of the dogs that I look after at my sister in law's place because the dogs are just so cute.
Izzy loves to play fetch with all sorts of things. Rexy likes to play tug of war with rope toys and old socks. He's not a fan of fetch. He loves to have big cuddles with me though. I think it's the canned food that makes them fart but yeah phwoar when they drop their guts they reek.

A couple of Archie from today, he is 7 1/2 now and although he still thinks he's a puppy, there are little signs of him starting to show his age.

10507611795_b81f394f2a_z.jpg

10508353744_7048995819_z.jpg

A couple of Archie from today, he is 7 1/2 now and although he still thinks he's a puppy, there are little signs of him starting to show his age.

10507611795_b81f394f2a_z.jpg

10508353744_7048995819_z.jpg

Geez Baz, time flies..I remember when this thread started and Archie was a youngster. Hope it doesn't get too hot where you live..not good for woofers as well.

Just an update on my dog front..had a dog sitting job on Saturday. Got paid $35.00 to stay at a friend's house, walked her two dogs after ME splashing around in her pool, stayed the night then dogs walked again..easy peasy for one night. This weekend I will be looking after two small breed dogs for three weeks..cash for me!!! They are sweet dogs so should be a joy.

I'll be posting up a lot more pics of the dogs that I look after at my sister in law's place because the dogs are just so cute.
Izzy loves to play fetch with all sorts of things. Rexy likes to play tug of war with rope toys and old socks. He's not a fan of fetch. He loves to have big cuddles with me though. I think it's the canned food that makes them fart but yeah phwoar when they drop their guts they reek.

Canned food was a standby emergency stock at mine. I stocked up on some when Cyclone Yasi was on it's way, eventually gave some to my two dogs, let's say they weren't constipated after a meal. ;)

Geez Baz, time flies..I remember when this thread started and Archie was a youngster. Hope it doesn't get too hot where you live..not good for woofers as well.

Just an update on my dog front..had a dog sitting job on Saturday. Got paid $35.00 to stay at a friend's house, walked her two dogs after ME splashing around in her pool, stayed the night then dogs walked again..easy peasy for one night. This weekend I will be looking after two small breed dogs for three weeks..cash for me!!! They are sweet dogs so should be a joy.

Hey Gab, time does fly, Archie was in his prime at 5 1/2, he's still really active, it's just that I've noticed how he gets tired a bit more quickly and there are a few grey hairs showing (he's not alone there). This thread has been going 2 years, almost exactly, and it has been a real roller coaster of emotions.

Glad you've found a niche with the dog sitting "business" I know how you are more comfortable with looking after other peoples dogs still.

It doesn't get that hot here (Northwest Coast of Tassie) but as there is a cooling breeze from Bass Straight it can be very deceiving, a warm day here in summer is about 25 deg by the bureau, but would feel like about 30, it occasionally reaches the low 30's which feels like high 30's and very dry heat, we have had many "mainlanders" fooled by the forecast here, still not good for dogs if they are not used to it.

Hey Gab, time does fly, Archie was in his prime at 5 1/2, he's still really active, it's just that I've noticed how he gets tired a bit more quickly and there are a few grey hairs showing (he's not alone there). This thread has been going 2 years, almost exactly, and it has been a real roller coaster of emotions.

Glad you've found a niche with the dog sitting "business" I know how you are more comfortable with looking after other peoples dogs still.

It doesn't get that hot here (Northwest Coast of Tassie) but as there is a cooling breeze from Bass Straight it can be very deceiving, a warm day here in summer is about 25 deg by the bureau, but would feel like about 30, it occasionally reaches the low 30's which feels like high 30's and very dry heat, we have had many "mainlanders" fooled by the forecast here, still not good for dogs if they are not used to it.

Hey Baz, we're getting max of 30-31 here already. Ceiling fans are earning their keep. I've been told dogs with dark coloured fur feel it more than lighter colour, especially when out in the sun. My late Clyde, even tho a Dalmation, would walk a mile for a shady spot. We had a shocker of a summer early this year, hardly any rain and even the young dogs were feeling it. I felt so guilty the day I left him at home and went to watch the NMFC v Suns game up here as it was one of the hottest days in a long time..the humidty was shocking, it was almost 40C that day..too hot to enjoy a beer even..the sucker was cold to start with but warm half way down. I had a friend drop round and turn on the air con and let him in but the poor old fella was sooooo pooped out when I got home around 6.30p.m. that day. He was a month off his 12th b'day and even before then I'd noticed the year before the heat was starting to affect him. Vet told me summer brings out any dormant disease that may be inside the dog. Still miss him and Bonnie, especially early morning wake ups.

Hey Baz, we're getting max of 30-31 here already. Ceiling fans are earning their keep. I've been told dogs with dark coloured fur feel it more than lighter colour, especially when out in the sun. My late Clyde, even tho a Dalmation, would walk a mile for a shady spot. We had a shocker of a summer early this year, hardly any rain and even the young dogs were feeling it. I felt so guilty the day I left him at home and went to watch the NMFC v Suns game up here as it was one of the hottest days in a long time..the humidty was shocking, it was almost 40C that day..too hot to enjoy a beer even..the sucker was cold to start with but warm half way down. I had a friend drop round and turn on the air con and let him in but the poor old fella was sooooo pooped out when I got home around 6.30p.m. that day. He was a month off his 12th b'day and even before then I'd noticed the year before the heat was starting to affect him. Vet told me summer brings out any dormant disease that may be inside the dog. Still miss him and Bonnie, especially early morning wake ups.

I saw something on telly about darker dogs having less problems with skin cancers and dehydration because they look for shade sooner than lighter coloured dogs because they get hotter quicker! Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

The second bolded part made me laugh :D. I've never been that hot;).

I saw something on telly about darker dogs having less problems with skin cancers and dehydration because they look for shade sooner than lighter coloured dogs because they get hotter quicker! Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

The second bolded part made me laugh :D. I've never been that hot;).

HOW HOT, DARN HOT!!!! I was there with a friend who I've known since high school, that was a long long time ago, and we decided to go in a shout of Coronas..Oh yeah canned and bottle beer still sold at Qld venues, well up here at that particular ground..got half way through each bottle and talk about WARM..yuck!!!! After a shout each we switched to WATER!!!! I was a bit miffed as we were in beer drinking mode, had a great spot on the fence not far from the bar, the ladies loos and the exit for me to slip out for a gasper..grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back