PFA Awards 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 123406 http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/04/10/10645062/aguero-and-sterling-star-in-terrys-pfa-team-of-the-year?ICID=HP_FT_1

No Sanchez included is ridiculous, but no Sanchez in a team that isn't allowed to have Hazard in it either is a right laugh.

Coutinho and Sterling over Silva and Sanchez is cringeworthy. Mata also questionable.
That whole midfield is questionable.

No box to box or dm at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: The @PFA Players' POTY nominees: Diego Costa, Philippe Coutinho, David de Gea, Eden Hazard, Harry Kane & Alexis Sanchez. #SSNHQ

@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: The @PFA Young POTY nominees: Thibaut Courtois, Philippe Coutinho, David de Gea, Eden Hazard, Harry Kane & Raheem Sterling #SSNHQ

I love Coutinho, but he hasn't been that good.

Jesus.

Yeah I was about to say, looks like John Terry wasn't the only player to have been impressed by Coutinho this season!

Am I surprised? Yes and no. He's been in great touch all season, consistently taking control of games and having a massive influence whether he gets on the scoresheet or not (similar to Modric), and his style is naturally going to earn him a few admirers. Having said that, I thought Silva or Fabregas would've been nominated ahead of him. Despite the latter's form tailing off in the 2nd half of the season those 2 have been slightly more influential in my opinion.

They're all lining up to be Hazard's bridesmaids though, clear favourite for POTY for me.

I think they should do a POTY first. Once they announce the POTY then the YPOTY nominee's shouldnt be allowed to be players already nominated.

Hazard is nominated for both and I think he will win POTY so that instantly makes him YPOTY also. Making it a moot point.

Or how about making the YPOTY actually about young players instead of blokes 24 and under. 24!! Jesus. It should be 21 and under.

So now it will just be Hazard, Hazard. Boring.

It also takes away from a guy like Kane who deserves recognition and I think deserves the YPOTY award but now wont get it.

Maybe the fact that City were losing every week when the voting for this was submitted counted against Silva in the end? Ditto Fabregas and his form slump in the 2nd half of the season?

Like I said, I wouldn't have had him or De Gea in the top 5 (top 15 maybe) and probably would've had Silva & Fabregas ahead of them, Matic can consider himself unlucky too in my eyes.

Where did all the votes come from? Coutinho's undoubtedly had a very good season, and his game against Newcastle the other night was a good example of how you can utterly dominate a game from start to finish and not register a goal or assist. He's turned in performances like that all year, obviously he's done it enough times that hundreds of players across the league have taken notice. Were those performances good enough to place him in the top 5? Personally I don't think so, but the people who play against him every week obviously did so there you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back