PFA Awards 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't remember Coutinho doing much before Christmas.

He was playing well (though definitely not on the level of the likes of Hazard, Silva & Fabregas), but no doubt his form lifted from December onwards, he was the key driver behind our 15 game unbeaten run and he also scored a few spectacular goals after New Year which probably made the people who perhaps don't watch us regularly sit up and take more notice of him.

Playing the devil's advocate, while Fabregas had an exceptional start to the campaign the same argument could be made for him not doing much after Christmas - perhaps the reason why he wasn't nominated in the end? We've seen it in the past that form during that post Christmas period tends to be rewarded more in these types of awards purely because of when the votes are submitted.

Coutinho was getting messed around by Rodgers in the first half of the season. He was using Lallana in Coutinho's position and bringing Philippe off the bench or starting him on the wing (you can see my posts questioning this), it was madness. But then Rodgers gets praised for the good form later

Last edited:

I don't remember Coutinho doing much before Christmas.

He didn't do much before our good run of form started in early-mid December. After that he has been very good but not POTY good or as good as his biggest fan, ADL9798 is making out!

Recency bias plays a role with most awards. We remember who played well last week or the week before but not who played well months ago. I suppose Coutinho picked the right half of the season in which to play well while someone like Fabregas did not.

He didn't do much before our good run of form started in early-mid December. After that he has been very good but not POTY good or as good as his biggest fan, ADL9798 is making out!

Recency bias plays a role with most awards. We remember who played well last week or the week before but not who played well months ago. I suppose Coutinho picked the right half of the season in which to play well while someone like Fabregas did not.
Objectivity. Hallelujah.

Doesn't deserve his spot IMO. Hazard has it wrapped up.

CCyLvbVWYAA1yLB.png:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Costa in "my team" but Chelsea fans laughing at the potential inclusion if Giroud is a joke.
Guy was about a third of what Costa was paid for by Chelsea, don't think his name being mentioned is that farfetch'd.
Of course I put the bird pokemon as the spelling, * me I'm a dope.

And it's not farfetched but saying 'Costa over Giroud is a joke' is a ridiculous statement

Yeah fair enough about the transfer fees, the form of the players in the latter part of the season may stick in peoples minds though.
Mind you I still have picked Costa.
Even though it doesn't have much to do with choosing a player in team of the year, he did Costa lot more.

tumblr_nbfgsmdN521robgxuo2_250.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back