#17 Essendon

Jarrod Garlett

#18 Sydney

Isaac Heeney

#19 Carlton

Caleb Marchbank

#20 Essendon

Connor Blakely

Geelong won't pass on a player like Peter Wright. He would help Hawkins and Clark for the next 4 years before taking the reins and becoming a force.

Geelong won't pass on a player like Peter Wright. He would help Hawkins and Clark for the next 4 years before taking the reins and becoming a force.
And what are they gonna do when Rivers and Lonergan retire next year? Outside class, KPD's and versatile players should be higher on their list than stocking up for the future. Walker looks like he'll be the next key forward for Geelong and he's shown he can compete at AFL level already so there's your help for Hawkins & Clark and beyond.

And what are they gonna do when Rivers and Lonergan retire next year? Outside class, KPD's and versatile players should be higher on their list than stocking up for the future. Walker looks like he'll be the next key forward for Geelong and he's shown he can compete at AFL level already so there's your help for Hawkins & Clark and beyond.
Good point

Let me rephrase it. We won't take wright. Our key forward stocks are full. We will take kyle langford, Caleb marchbank, brayden maynard or Sam durdin at pick 14.

Let me rephrase it. We won't take wright. Our key forward stocks are full. We will take kyle langford, Caleb marchbank, brayden maynard or Sam durdin at pick 14.
Peter Wright is way better than all of those prospects above. I heard we won't even take Durdin if he was available at our pick. Personally, I hope Wright goes to Geelong, then Freo take Durdin and thus leaving us with Lever. But if Lever or Wright aren't available then I hope we take Langford.

GWS will take Wright. It's what you do when you have three picks in the top ten.

Not when GWS have said a million times they want outside speed (Pickett), KPD (Goddard/Durdin, etc) and an INSIDE. Lets not mention that GWS already had too many talls to fit in and they traded Boyd. Would make zero sense to trade Boyd for Wright in essence.

However trading Boyd for Wright + Griffen makes perfect sense.

Not when there is no position for Wright. There is a position for a Duggan, Aherm, or De Goey though. Wright is a gun player but GWS sold a better bersion of him last season. They have too many KPP's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patton has just gone down with an ACL, how is there no room for Wright? Is a proven player in the ruck and up forward.

There was barely any room for Boyd who is even better. Patton is likely to be back almost by mid year and Tomlinson/Cameron is enough. Mumford and Lobb are good rucks, you can always get a good ruck in the rookie draft. GWS have no purpose for drafting Wright. They will get a winger, KPD, mid/utility. That will Be their 3 picks. Look for a tall in the 2nd round.

There was barely any room for Boyd who is even better. Patton is likely to be back almost by mid year and Tomlinson/Cameron is enough. Mumford and Lobb are good rucks, you can always get a good ruck in the rookie draft. GWS have no purpose for drafting Wright. They will get a winger, KPD, mid/utility. That will Be their 3 picks. Look for a tall in the 2nd round.
The same Tomlinson who's kicked 15 goals in 45 games? They don't have a second ruckman at the moment, plus most teams take the best available talent, so if the giants take him I'm sure they can fit him in somewhere.

The same Tomlinson who's kicked 15 goals in 45 games? They don't have a second ruckman at the moment, plus most teams take the best available talent, so if the giants take him I'm sure they can fit him in somewhere.

They can get a ruck in the rookie draft. GWS need more speed in the middle, and another genuine inside mid or utility rather than a ruck/forward. Lets be honest for a second Mumford isn't that old, where are you planning to play Wright for 2-3 years? In the NEAFL? He is an ordinary forward. De Goey or Ahern will go 7, Duggan an outsider. I am sure if GWS are going for a forward they would look at Langford rather than going down the Wright route.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back