News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

11719977_10206206089745529_1033573372_n.jpg
Amazing.

That Offsiders piece was perfect. It's 8 am here in London and I've been awake since 6 am, tears pouring out and over and over in my head it comes back to two things for us and the club.

For the future - for Phil

The past, great people come into your lives and in a short time effect great change. Phil was one of those.

That Offsiders piece was perfect. It's 8 am here in London and I've been awake since 6 am, tears pouring out and over and over in my head it comes back to two things for us and the club.

For the future - for Phil

The past, great people come into your lives and in a short time effect great change. Phil was one of those.
You're a long way away but still a big voice here Nikki. Godspeed and travel well.

Great scenes at Adelaide Oval today.

I just wanted to post some of my feelings and how the last couple of days has been for me- this is more for myself as a bit of release so may be a bit long to read, apologies. If you do manage to read it all thanks!

Like all of us heard the horrific news Friday morning- I live in Melbourne and usually listen to SEN (sports radio station here) in the mornings, but that morning was listening to an online stream from a San Diego radio station (where I used to live). After a while I turned that off and flipped back to SEN. The very first words I heard were as they were breaking the news "Adelaide crows coach Phil Walsh has been murdered". Because I hadn't heard the lead up my first thought was someone had posted some sick joke on twitter or something, but it soon became clear it was all too real. I couldn't believe it. It almost felt eerie that I was compelled to turn on SEN at the very second they were breaking the news. Had to head off to work, but listened to the radio on the way in- lost it when the interviewed a mother of a young Adelaide recruit speaking of how well Phil had treated them.

I hardly got any work done Friday. I had previously planned to go to the Hawks Pies game Friday night as I often enjoy going to games here as a neutral. Some workmates organized a dinner Friday night, but I didn't feel like going, and instead felt drawn to go to the football instead. I'm glad they went ahead with the games, and it felt right to be there even though I initially thought it wouldn't. I wore my crows scarf, and thought the pregame and especially the postgame tributes to be very special.

After the game I caught up with my workmates- almost got into an argument with a guy there I didn't know too well questioning why I would be upset about the death of someone I didn't know personally- had to walk away from him. I've spent the rest of the weekend feeling pretty depressed. I enjoyed watching the AFL360 tribute to Phil- I think Robbo is at his best talking enthusiastically about footy, and it was clear how much he enjoyed his time talking to Walshy earlier in the year.

I don't really know how the club will move forward, but I know they will- RIP Phil

Great scenes at Adelaide Oval today.

I just wanted to post some of my feelings and how the last couple of days has been for me- this is more for myself as a bit of release so may be a bit long to read, apologies. If you do manage to read it all thanks!

Like all of us heard the horrific news Friday morning- I live in Melbourne and usually listen to SEN (sports radio station here) in the mornings, but that morning was listening to an online stream from a San Diego radio station (where I used to live). After a while I turned that off and flipped back to SEN. The very first words I heard were as they were breaking the news "Adelaide crows coach Phil Walsh has been murdered". Because I hadn't heard the lead up my first thought was someone had posted some sick joke on twitter or something, but it soon became clear it was all too real. I couldn't believe it. It almost felt eerie that I was compelled to turn on SEN at the very second they were breaking the news. Had to head off to work, but listened to the radio on the way in- lost it when the interviewed a mother of a young Adelaide recruit speaking of how well Phil had treated them.

I hardly got any work done Friday. I had previously planned to go to the Hawks Pies game Friday night as I often enjoy going to games here as a neutral. Some workmates organized a dinner Friday night, but I didn't feel like going, and instead felt drawn to go to the football instead. I'm glad they went ahead with the games, and it felt right to be there even though I initially thought it wouldn't. I wore my crows scarf, and thought the pregame and especially the postgame tributes to be very special.

After the game I caught up with my workmates- almost got into an argument with a guy there I didn't know too well questioning why I would be upset about the death of someone I didn't know personally- had to walk away from him. I've spent the rest of the weekend feeling pretty depressed. I enjoyed watching the AFL360 tribute to Phil- I think Robbo is at his best talking enthusiastically about footy, and it was clear how much he enjoyed his time talking to Walshy earlier in the year.

I don't really know how the club will move forward, but I know they will- RIP Phil
I'm soaking up all the thoughts of others as it is helping me deal with it. Thank you sir.

Hello all,

Words cannot describe how we have all felt this weekend trying to understand how this tragedy has unfolded. I find that reflection, thinking about the good times with Phil and your club together can help with the grieving process. Stay strong, we're all thinking of the Adelaide Crows and the family of Phil Walsh.

I should have been an opposition fan today at Adelaide Oval as a Geelong fan, but that has been the furthest thing from my mind today. Instead I have spent the day putting together my own tribute to Phil (see below) which was hard when thinking about the scenes that have filtered through from the Adelaide Oval today.

#weflyasone

Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 5.49.33 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all,

Words cannot describe how we have all felt this weekend trying to understand how this tragedy has unfolded. I find that reflection, thinking about the good times with Phil and your club together can help with the grieving process. Stay strong, we're all thinking of the Adelaide Crows and the family of Phil Walsh.

I should have been an opposition fan today at Adelaide Oval as a Geelong fan, but that has been the furthest thing from my mind today. Instead I have spent the day putting together my own tribute to Phil (see below) which was hard when thinking about the scenes that have filtered through from the Adelaide Oval today.

#weflyasone

View attachment 149548
That's excellent, well done

amongst all the sadness you've done the right thing... I tip my hat to you!

I don't understand why people insist on telling others how they should feel about things. I know that in most instances of hard times, I'm the type who likes to not dwell too much, and get on with things. However, I'm not ignorant enough to think that everybody operates the same way as I do, nor am I a big enough arsehole to expect them to.

Hello all,

#weflyasone

View attachment 149548
If you dont mind id like to use this as my av

Remove this Banner Ad

Back