Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

No Hype just reality and we were not 1 botched/BS call off an NFC Championship game last season for no reason with no Defense all year as much as it will kill you to say it. This game is won in the trenches on both sides of the ball and strong OL and DL lines means success.

Enjoy your year/season though and Murray on the coin you guys are paying him. :thumbsu:

Reality haha. This is classic. Bad calls went your way to even make it to the Green Bay game. Now you are unbeaten after playing two 0-2 teams and the hype train is out of control. I'll check in later on when the inevitable choke comes.

Reality haha. This is classic. Bad calls went your way to even make it to the Green Bay game. Now you are unbeaten after playing two 0-2 teams and the hype train is out of control. I'll check in later on when the inevitable choke comes.

lol i love Philly fans!!!

:D:D:D

:thumbsu:

No Hype either as we will lose 50% of games with no Romo and Dez but it is the position we are in when they come back and who knows what that will be.

Phili fans (well one classless poster in particular) brought this upon themselves by going onto the Dallas thread and trolling Bryant's injury only for it to backfire in their faces on Sunday.

Deserved of the hell they are currently getting, loving Chism's and GG's work. :thumbsu::D

Phili fans (well one classless poster in particular) brought this upon themselves by going onto the Dallas thread and trolling Bryant's injury only for it to backfire in their faces on Sunday.
Phili fans? are you still salty about my comment regarding AE wooden spoon? I thought it was a good joke. I will try to be sensitive to your feelings next time.

Chism, if you are going to troll us about murrays contract, Miles Austin will count $5.236 million against the cowboys salary cap this year. You keep throwing out rushing stats to back up your DM argument, rbs also pass block and catch passes fyi. Demarco is a complete back imo, he benefitted from a probowl wr, qb and oline, and they benefitted from a probowl rb. Its laughable that you can stick any rb behind a top 3 oline and just get the same rushing production, just as its laughable that you can stick any oline in front of a rb and get the same rushing production.

2015 NFC east = 2014 NFC south right now (s**t all round). The first 2 weeks probably have given the redskins fans hope.

In other news, dodged a bullet with kiko only suffering a sprained ligament and only miss 2-4 games by estimation. Unfortunately Thornton is out with a broken bone in his hand and will miss 2-3 weeks.

Phili fans? are you still salty about my comment regarding AE wooden spoon? I thought it was a good joke. I will try to be sensitive to your feelings next time.

Chism, if you are going to troll us about murrays contract, Miles Austin will count $5.236 million against the cowboys salary cap this year. You keep throwing out rushing stats to back up your DM argument, rbs also pass block and catch passes fyi. Demarco is a complete back imo, he benefitted from a probowl wr, qb and oline, and they benefitted from a probowl rb. Its laughable that you can stick any rb behind a top 3 oline and just get the same rushing production, just as its laughable that you can stick any oline in front of a rb and get the same rushing production.

2015 NFC east = 2014 NFC south right now (s**t all round). The first 2 weeks probably have given the redskins fans hope.

In other news, dodged a bullet with kiko only suffering a sprained ligament and only miss 2-4 games by estimation. Unfortunately Thornton is out with a broken bone in his hand and will miss 2-3 weeks.

Oh Chocky, im cool, i love a sledge, (currently going better than you in AE JFYI) but what i also love is when the Karma Bus runs on time and stops at all the required stops, surely you have to admit it was your fault the Eagles played like poo against an injury depleted Cowboys on Sunday after your little comment, surely?

Im honestly suprised your own supporters havent turned on you with pitch forks by now, its your fault the Eagles are 0-2 after all.

In other news, im glad to hear Kiko is alright, its never good hearing about injuries to the best players in the league. Best of luck for the remainder of the season (youre going to need it), stay classy, and remember, the Karma Bus' driver is watching you. :D

e8e4bb9d5de8f1403b065c59a2a14ed5.jpg

Oh Chocky, im cool, i love a sledge, (currently going better than you in AE JFYI) but what i also love is when the Karma Bus runs on time and stops at all the required stops, surely you have to admit it was your fault the Eagles played like poo against an injury depleted Cowboys on Sunday after your little comment, surely?

Im honestly suprised your own supporters havent turned on you with pitch forks by now, its your fault the Eagles are 0-2 after all.

In other news, im glad to hear Kiko is alright, its never good hearing about injuries to the best players in the league. Best of luck for the remainder of the season (youre going to need it), stay classy, and remember, the Karma Bus' driver is watching you. :D

e8e4bb9d5de8f1403b065c59a2a14ed5.jpg
Your mum drives a Karma bus

Kiko Alonso, Cedric Thornton out; Mychal Kendricks has 'outside chance' to play this week

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...week-Mychal-Kendricks-has-outside-chance.html

The Eagles started this season with a three-man inside-linebacker rotation, but it could be down to one this week.

Kiko Alonso is out for at least Sunday's game against the New York Jets with a knee injury and his status for the season was unknown. Mychal Kendricks is trying to make a quick recovery from a hamstring injury, and defensive coordiator Bill Davis said he has an "outside shot" of playing Sunday.

Both players attended practice Tuesday and watched from the sideline. Neither would comment after practice.

The Eagles signed Najee Goode, who had been with the team during the last two years, to join the inside-linebacker rotation with DeMeco Ryans and Jordan Hicks. Brad Jones will also work more at inside linebacker.

Alonso has a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a league source, but there was no determination on how long he will be out. It is the same ACL he tore last season; he felt tendinitis in the knee during the summer.

"Still in the evaluation process, so we are crossing our fingers and hoping everything turns out for the best," Davis said. "We are unsure about him."

If he avoids surgery, he will likely return. If he needs surgery, Alonso's season would be in jeopardy.

The coaching staff does not know when the injury occurred. Alonso last played on the punt block unit in the second quarter Sunday, but showed no major signs of injury on the play. Despite the tendinitis in August, Davis said there had been no indications of problems with the knee.

"He's gone out there and practiced very well and he's running around, even during the game, you cannot see any hitch to his run or anything," Davis said. "I was shocked. . . . He just felt discomfort in there at some point. There was not one glaring play where you said, 'Oh, there it is.' Nothing."

Kendricks' injury is not believed to be as serious. He hurt his hamstring in pass coverage in the second quarter Sunday, but he is still an option to play this weekend.

"There's an outside chance we pick him up this week, but it will be hard for him to get back," Davis said. "But he has a shot at doing it."

Without Alonso and potentially without Kendricks, more responsibility falls on Ryans. Davis said the Eagles had been keeping Ryans on a "pitch count" while he works his way back from a torn Achilles tendon, but they might need to increase the workload of the 31-year old former Pro Bowler.

"I always prepare myself to play the entire game - I've never been on that type of pitch count in my career before, so I never understood it," said Ryans, who played 24 snaps in Week 1 and 60 in Week 2. "I only go into the game mentally, physically prepared to play an entire game."

In Ryans' first three years with the team, he averaged 67.9 snaps per game. When asked if he can maintain a heavy workload coming off his injury, he seemed almost insulted.

"Whatever I need to do to go out and play, 70-80 snaps, whatever it is, I'm up for it," Ryans said.

But it's not all on Ryans. The Eagles are optimistic about third-round pick Jordan Hicks, who impressed the coaching staff in reserve duty against Dallas. Hicks tied for the team lead with seven tackles and was the solo linebacker in the dime formation, which they will use more if Alonso and Kendricks are absent. He allowed a big passing play, but recovered with a sack, a forced fumble, and a command of the defense.

"It was not too big for him," Davis said. "I think the neatest thing that happened was when he got beat on the deep pass, which he played poor technique on. He came back and wasn't fazed and made some plays after that."

Then there's Goode, who was added to the roster Tuesday morning. He was squeezed out because of the depth at the position during final cuts on Sept. 5. Coach Chip Kelly said Goode was the last cut. The Eagles were surprised he was still available, and when Goode saw Alonso and Kendricks get injured, he figured the Eagles would call. He canceled workouts elsewhere this week.

"Right now, it's just plug and play anywhere [after] playing in 2013 and 2014 at both linebacker positions and playing a lot on special teams," Goode said.

So the Eagles have options, but they're missing their best options. They hope that Alonso can return this season and Kendricks can return this week. But if not, a position that was once a strength will be tested.

"Our depth was really strong to start with, and now we lose a couple of guys," Ryans said. "But that's the good thing about having quality depth. Other guys can step in."

brandon bair has about 5 pass deflections, one that lead to a hicks int. coverage has been great today, not sure how much of that is the fact that the jets are not very good on offense.
bradford looked pretty mediocre, but that could have more to do with the jets 2ndary being super good. walter thurmond's pick was super and he also made a great tackle in run support behind the line.

good game for hicks and rowe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brandon bair has about 5 pass deflections, one that lead to a hicks int. coverage has been great today, not sure how much of that is the fact that the jets are not very good on offense.
bradford looked pretty mediocre, but that could have more to do with the jets 2ndary being super good. walter thurmond's pick was super and he also made a great tackle in run support behind the line.

good game for hicks and rowe.

Agree re: Bradford. Thought hr struggled a bit but wasn't helped again with some bad drops, Sproles and Matthews both had bad drops that could have resulted in big gains and/or a TD. The offence was much improved though, I really liked Matthews. I have no idea why they kept going to Austin on critical plays.

Hicks was great, he looks like a real find. Defence generally is good, especially our run defence. The division is wide open, next week is huge.

Our D is the biggest improvement and what we spent everything on this off season and wait till Hardy gets back soon! Sean Lee is like a brand new recruit and a Top 5 LB in the whole league.

That D was really on display in the second half this morning. :thumbsu:

That D was really on display in the second half this morning. :thumbsu:

Sigh.... What are you 12yo??

Someone's team must of won this week as you are up and about!

What, just like you running in here to boast after last week?

They beat us though...

Not like our D fared much better against Atlanta in Week 1 in the first half.

Watched the game this morning having had no sleep whatsoever... but I've since had a sleep and done a shitload of work on a uni assignment, so it's happy days in that respect.

With respect to the game itself? I'm glad I'm not the only Buzz Killington in here. I don't think our offence was really any better today than it has been the last few weeks - we just came up against a team whose defence wasn't set up to counter our strengths. It was still the same thing - the only successful vertical runs weren't the result of the O-line making room, it was the result of Matthews and Sproles pulling off some moves. And it probably looked a little better today because the O-line seemed to have simpler blocking assignments.

But most of the success came as it has the last 2 weeks - sweeping into space. It came off today, but it's not always going to.

The most exciting thing about the offence? It wasn't even Sproles - it was Ryan Matthews looking like a dead ringer for Shady McCoy on a couple of those cuts. I'm starting to wonder if we were onto something when we were planning for a Matthews/Sproles/Polk backfield!

I don't know that the defence was actually that better either. Turnovers can be a lot of luck, sometimes they drop the right way, sometimes they don't. Today they dropped our way.

With that said though, given who we were missing on defence, it was a good performance.

All in all, it's just a good, solid effort, but nothing to get too excited about. I'm still holding my comments on Bradford. He was infinitely better today than he has been the last 2 weeks, and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt around finding his feet and his confidence again. If he can "game manage" a couple of wins while he finds them, I'm happy to see a slowish, but steady progression.

Last edited:
Agree re: Bradford. Thought hr struggled a bit but wasn't helped again with some bad drops, Sproles and Matthews both had bad drops that could have resulted in big gains and/or a TD. The offence was much improved though, I really liked Matthews. I have no idea why they kept going to Austin on critical plays.

Hicks was great, he looks like a real find. Defence generally is good, especially our run defence. The division is wide open, next week is huge.

I think the biggest thing is that bradford did not turn over the ball, and those drops by matthews and sproles were killer, given the yac they could of had.
2 of Agholor drops were thrown near his feet, but I think he needs to either catch 1 of those while standing up, or dive at them both. I think they teach to throw it low when the coverage is tight.
Some really super duper coverage by our 2ndary, could of had another turnover if our the 2 defenders did not fight over the ball on the deep middle throw. They played very aggressive, yet did not get penalised much. Not sure if this was due to playing fitzy and a mediocre group of pass catchers, or our guys playing well.

I don't think our offence was really any better today than it has been the last few weeks - we just came up against a team whose defence wasn't set up to counter our strengths.
We got 100 yards on the ground vs a team that is very good at stopping the run, the stats may say otherwise, but I thought alot of the runs toward the end of the game were really just chip trying to kill the clock. Probably trying to avoid doing a "coughlin".

ProFootballTalkVerified account ‏@ProFootballTalk 9h9 hours ago
Eagles kicker Cody Parkey said he tore all three muscles in his groin Sunday http://wp.me/p14QSB-9RQP

SPORTSRADIO 94WIP ‏@SportsRadioWIP 2h2 hours ago
Caleb Sturgis is now the #Eagles' kicker | http://cbsloc.al/1MXuAVw

Eagles put kicker Parkey, guard Gardner on injured reserve

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Philadelphia Eagles lost another Pro Bowl player and another starter.

Kicker Cody Parkey went on injured reserve on Tuesday, ending his season. The Eagles (1-2) signed Caleb Sturgis to replace Parkey, who hurt his groin in warmups before Sunday's 24-17 win at the Jets.

Right guard Andrew Gardner also went on IR because of a foot injury. Offensive lineman Julian Vandervelde was signed to take his roster spot. Matt Tobin will likely replace him in the starting lineup.

The Eagles were missing three defensive starters in Week 3. Defensive tackle Cedric Thornton(hand) and linebackers Kiko Alonso (knee) and Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) didn't play. Thornton and Kendricks haven't been ruled out for Sunday's game at Washington (1-2). Alonso is having a second opinion on his surgically repaired knee.

Parkey missed a 44-yard field goal attempt late in the fourth quarter in a 26-24 loss at Atlanta in the season opener. He made his three other field-goal tries and all seven extra-point attempts. An MRI revealed he tore muscles in his groin, but he kicked through the pain.

Sturgis was released by Miami earlier this month after two seasons. A fifth-round pick in 2013, Sturgis is 55 for 71 on field-goal tries. His 77.5 percent rate was fourth-worst in the NFL over the past two seasons. Sturgis is 14 for 20 from 40-49 yards and only 6 for 13 from beyond 50. He was 74 for 74 on extra-point kicks, but the NFL moved the conversion back to the 15-yard line this season.

Parkey was acquired from Indianapolis during training camp in 2014 and quickly took the job fromAlex Henery. He set an NFL rookie scoring record and franchise record with 150 points. Parkey made 32 of 36 field goals, including all four beyond 50 yards.

His career field-goal rate (87.5 percent) is third-best in NFL history among kickers with at least 40 attempts.

Parkey was bothered by a groin problem in training camp, but coach Chip Kelly said this was a new injury.

Parkey is the fourth Eagles player selected for last year's Pro Bowl who isn't playing for the team. Running back LeSean McCoy was traded to Buffalo. Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin signed with Kansas City. Guard Evan Mathis was released and signed with Denver.

Gardner became a starter last year when the Eagles had several injuries on the offensive line. He replaced Todd Herremans, who was released in the offseason. Tobin replaced him against the Jets and Dennis Kelly could earn time at the position.

Through 3 weeks we have the 5th best Defensive DVOA according to Football Outsiders. Our offence though, sits at 26th. ST is sitting 5th after this weeks good showing.

The Jets for reference are 2nd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back