Phillip Hughes Cup - Australian Cricket Draft 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Run a second game - we have two drafts going on at the Adelaide board. Plus a bit of banter.

I can't run another draft, but someone else feel free to create your own draft.

I'll be keeping track of the teams in the 2nd post of the thread. If you don't tell me what position in the batting order, I'll put them where I expect, but the order is able to be changed at any time so tell me what you want.

Draft order is in the OP. First up is drummond2fevola for Limp Wristed.

At the risk of getting lots of in-coming, here goes.

What happened to Phillip was tragic. Especially for his immediate family and others very close to him. Just how a mother and father cope with the loss of their son is impossible for those who haven't experienced it to understand. It's just not the natural order of things.

People sadly do suffer these tragedies on a daily basis and whilst it's understandable that someone with a higher profile will be the subject of wider feelings of grief and loss my feeling is that some of the suggestions and responses are taking things too far.

I was pleased that Michael Clark's reaction following his Test ton was muted. His actions with the bat said all that needed to be said. In fact his conduct through the whole sad experience has been exemplary.

Remember with sadness the passing of a young player in his prime and feel for his family who must be experiencing intense emotional pain. But let's not turn it into something more unnecessarily public than it is.

At the risk of getting lots of in-coming, here goes.

What happened to Phillip was tragic. Especially for his immediate family and others very close to him. Just how a mother and father cope with the loss of their son is impossible for those who haven't experienced it to understand. It's just not the natural order of things.

People sadly do suffer these tragedies on a daily basis and whilst it's understandable that someone with a higher profile will be the subject of wider feelings of grief and loss my feeling is that some of the suggestions and responses are taking things too far.

I was pleased that Michael Clark's reaction following his Test ton was muted. His actions with the bat said all that needed to be said. In fact his conduct through the whole sad experience has been exemplary.

Remember with sadness the passing of a young player in his prime and feel for his family who must be experiencing intense emotional pain. But let's not turn it into something more unnecessarily public than it is.
I agree with you, just Hughes was my favourite player for a long time, and I was going to make this draft anyway. Decided to honour Hughesy with it. I never met him but he'll be with me every time I play cricket for the rest of my life.

I was convinced this bloke would be picked first, being the Test player of the year and the biggest threat to England since the Spanish Armada.
At Pick 3 I select Mitchell Johnson, 270 Test wickets in 61 matches at an average of 27.47.
He'll bat at 8 at this stage and definitely open the bowling

michaelclarkehighs_69w8hb30bv361bsam7ev71kfw.jpg

Pick 4 - Michael Clarke

Form is temporary, class is permanent. I can't turn down a champion like this. I know his body is shot, and every test could be his last, but he's a fighter, and he still has plenty of runs left in him.

Kristof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell Marsh - #5 ATM

Shaun Marsh - #3 ATM

Pattinson_AFP-ed_0.jpg

Pick 9 - James Pattinson

Still the third best bowler in the country in my opinion. I consider him the best available player, and would take him over both Marsh's and Watson.

Jak!x

Was out of him and Shaun Marsh for me.

Good pick.

Considered patto too.

Depends when the side we're picking is going to play ...

God damn it thetradesman, I wanted Shaun Marsh badly :p
Well, with Pick 10, I select Chris 'Buck' Rogers to open the batting. Although he may be 37, he's still as reliable as any opening batsman around the country and has grinded out well over 20,000 domestic runs, as well as a handy average of 36 in Tests. Whilst I'm not banking on Rogers being a prolific and exciting scorer, its his consistency and ability to pace an innings that makes him attractive.

More when than where is the question. One game next week? All season? From this point onwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back