Phoenix Saved! The Distance Derby lives on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_2016-02-08-01-52-49.png
*sigh* From a poster on Yellow Fever.

FWIW new striker is Alan(?) Jones, he was an U21 player for West Brom for a short while.

We really need him. Or anyone decent.
McGlinchey literally missed from a few yards away. Kicked it straight at the keeper.
I seriously think the FFA saga is taking its toll on the club. Need answers NOW.

Gallop, I DARE YOU to not give us a license after today's 5-2 win :cool: :fire:

I don't know how you turn it into money - but my strong belief that the bullshit with the FFA has turned the 'Nix into everyones second team can't be a bad thing. The ratings of their games, particularly the ones played in Australia, must have improved.

I don't know how you turn it into money - but my strong belief that the bullshit with the FFA has turned the 'Nix into everyones second team can't be a bad thing. The ratings of their games, particularly the ones played in Australia, must have improved.
I'm a long-time Victory member, but I signed up as a 'Nix member when this started, and went to their game against City in Melbourne, decked out in the scarf and hat I got in the membership kit. I try to watch as many of their games on TV that I can at home on Foxtel (unfortunately not many). I also got kiwi work colleagues signed up as members. Surely there are others doing similar things?

I'm a long-time Victory member, but I signed up as a 'Nix member when this started, and went to their game against City in Melbourne, decked out in the scarf and hat I got in the membership kit. I try to watch as many of their games on TV that I can at home on Foxtel (unfortunately not many). I also got kiwi work colleagues signed up as members. Surely there are others doing similar things?

To be honest the Nix need to start doing what the Chinese to in Australia when their sides play here in the champions league.
They get stuck into the expats (students) and promote the hell out of the game and they bring along huge bays of away fans.

The Nix have that potential in the bigger cities but they haven't really tapped into it yet.

Yep, signing up mates and family members. There are also lots of the Fever who are donating memberships and tickets to the various charities around NZ, which benefits both the charities and the Nix with metrics.

NZ football showing their incompetence yet again with this loan signing gaffe. Absolutely crazy that they can't get things right over here
Jones would have been a handy signing as well.. a bit of attacking depth for once.

Luckily for us in Australia, we have the amazing and ever-so-reliable FF- oh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic news.

Know all too well what it's like when your club's existence is on the line.

Hope they can have some success with the uncertainty banished.

Still reckon the best way forward for Phoenix & the NZ federation is to pursue integrating New Zealand into the AFC or pursue integrating OFC into the AFC completely as a sub federation. That way something could be organised like in the UK where players from the home nations playing in England aren't considered as foreigners for aussies playing in NZ & kiwis playing in Australia.

I will make it to Wellington for a game one day. Would have been perfect to go a couple of weeks ago with the cricket on and I don't think much of cricket.

I totally would've done it this year if the schedule had've worked out - knowing we were going to NZ for the current test series, the Wellington away games were the second thing I checked when the fixture came out after the derbies. (Didn't work out, so I'm still hoping to go to Brisbane next month. Haven't booked anything yet cos the mate I'd be staying with is jerking me around :mad:)

Still reckon the best way forward for Phoenix & the NZ federation is to pursue integrating New Zealand into the AFC or pursue integrating OFC into the AFC completely as a sub federation. That way something could be organised like in the UK where players from the home nations playing in England aren't considered as foreigners for aussies playing in NZ & kiwis playing in Australia.

The first thing you suggest isn't something NZ are likely to go for. They don't seem to have the ambition to become a footballing power that we did. For them, a 50/50 chance of making the World Cup every 4 years is a win for them - they aren't going to give it up.

The second proposal is much more likely - in a way... the way it would work out is that the AFC and OFC would just be folded, and they'd split into a west Asia and an east Asia conference. But the push that was around for this around 4-5 years ago seems to have dissipated. I don't expect there'll be any movement on this until after the 2022 World Cup at the very earliest.

I totally would've done it this year if the schedule had've worked out - knowing we were going to NZ for the current test series, the Wellington away games were the second thing I checked when the fixture came out after the derbies. (Didn't work out, so I'm still hoping to go to Brisbane next month. Haven't booked anything yet cos the mate I'd be staying with is jerking me around :mad:)

I know some people that did both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back