Phone abortions with no face-to-face doctor consultation are now available

Remove this Banner Ad

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm a little bit uncomfortable about the initial decision to reject his visa, to be honest...

I reckon we're strong enough to weather any storm a shitbag degenerate like him could whip up. You've gotta cop the bad with good when it comes to freedom of expression (insofar as it exists in Oz), and as far as I know he wasn't inciting violence in Australia...happy to be corrected on this.

Anyways, it means nowt coz he knew he had no visa and came regardless, so seeya knackers....

Appreciate your point of view. Regrettably not everyone is as balanced and as moderate as you. We live in different times nowadays. In the last day or so we had a religious zealot cold bloodedly shoot a member of the police force. There was Monis. We had a religious zealot walk into a termination clinic in Melbourne and cold bloodedly murder a doctor. The same thing has happened more than once in the USA.

Even Liberty Victoria, which is a fighter for freedom of expression, sees justification in limiting those who "vilify and incite hatred". LV holds that freedom of expression is a primary value. However, it also holds that one should speak not only of the freedom of those who vilify and incite hatred but equally of the freedom of those subjected to hate speak and vilification. Vilification and hate speak often silences the latter.

We have to measure the hurt, the potential for social disruption and of violence. This creep has a record of causing all three.

We don't need American religious nutters here. We have enough of our own. If the anti termination people here aren't able to prosecute a case that gets majority support by reasoned argument but have to resort to importing hate speak religious nutters from another country to get publicity you'd have to think their case is very weak.

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
LV holds that freedom of expression is a primary value. However, it also holds that one should speak not only of the freedom of those who vilify and incite hatred but equally of the freedom of those subjected to hate speak and vilification. Vilification and hate speak often silences the latter.
This is the argument that convinced me. I'm all about free speech, but there is a line between the motherhood statement niceness of that and the silencing power of violence.

If we sat down with Da'esh and they spent the whole time actively asking people nearby to help kill us, then there's a pretty obvious problem there.

Especially if Telstra are providing the service - you have to be on hold for 3 hours first
The thing is that when you get a phone vasectomy they make you look at videos of vasectomy operations, then digitally created pictures of all the kids you could be missing out on, then they shove a probe up your wang just for effect. We guys have it so tough.

The thing is that when you get a phone vasectomy they make you look at videos of vasectomy operations, then digitally created pictures of all the kids you could be missing out on, then they shove a probe up your wang just for effect. We guys have it so tough.
Never seen pro-lifers picket a vasectomy clinic.
Bunch of hypocrites

Also, the remark that patients are mandatorily required to view the procedure is false.
It's all US stuff I am throwing off at. Play on.

IMO women should have complete control over the process. If a guy doesn't want to be in the situation of having no power he needs to take precautions. When precautions fail he needs to find a way to live with the woman's decision, either way.

Idiots phoning up the radio saying "she should keep her legs shut"...

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's all US stuff I am throwing off at. Play on.

IMO women should have complete control over the process. If a guy doesn't want to be in the situation of having no power he needs to take precautions. When precautions fail he needs to find a way to live with the woman's decision, either way.

Idiots phoning up the radio saying "she should keep her legs shut"...
It goes both ways Chief. Both parties should take precautions. What goes on when a woman has unprotected sex and they know they don't want a child? You get your arse down to the nearest birth control centre and take the morning after pill. None of this "I will be right." Why take the risk!

It goes both ways Chief. Both parties should take precautions. What goes on when a woman has unprotected sex and they know they don't want a child? You get your arse down to the nearest birth control centre and take the morning after pill. None of this "I will be right." Why take the risk!
They should. But when those fail the choice should be in the hands of the woman.

Troubadour

Cancelled
Jun 19, 2010
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
I used to walk past the clinic in East Melbourne each morning where the retired religious nutters would gather with placards and pamphlets and harangue anyone who looked like entering. The place had a security guard. Nothing smells worse first thing in the morning than self righteousness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I used to walk past the clinic in East Melbourne each morning where the retired religious nutters would gather with placards and pamphlets and harangue anyone who looked like entering. The place had a security guard. Nothing smells worse first thing in the morning than self righteousness.
I agree. Just like nothing stinks more then murderers!

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning

Long Live HFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm a little bit uncomfortable about the initial decision to reject his visa, to be honest...

I reckon we're strong enough to weather any storm a shitbag degenerate like him could whip up. You've gotta cop the bad with good when it comes to freedom of expression (insofar as it exists in Oz), and as far as I know he wasn't inciting violence in Australia...happy to be corrected on this.

Anyways, it means nowt coz he knew he had no visa and came regardless, so seeya knackers....

don't disagree, but at the same time i also think we're also strong enough to say 'you're a campaigner, * off'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back