Games & Recreation Photography: Who's into it what Camera and Lens do you have and show us some of pictures thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw this during the week and thought with sharing.... Seemed like it pretty much went viral on reddit... But anyway, some of this guys photos i think are incredible.

http://www.viralnova.com/kyle-thompson-photography/

Without a doubt my favourite is the smoke machine and lights

14-NXKAP.jpg

and even though he's only smoking a ciggie, the druggy in me really likes this photo.

16-jULqG.jpg

This announcement has me really excited:
"Tamron has announced the new SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di (VC) USD lens. With mounts for Nikon, Canon, and Sony A DSLRs, this full-frame and APS-C-compatible lens brings together fine optics, comfortable handling, and built-in Vibration Compensation (on Nikon and Canon) to provide a powerful reach that will still produce clear images, even when handheld."
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth...ron-150-600mm-f5-63-ultra-telephoto-zoom-lens
7191f97ec46a90672f43fae661b97f18-523x252.jpg

Obviously there is some compromise on speed however on my 1D this will have a reach of 780mm which will be awesome for shooting things like the TAC Cup.
It is expected that the price point will be about $1500-2000. So it needs to be at least as good as the Canon 100-400L for that price. The alternative is getting a Sigma 120-300mm, however, this should have much better native IQ at 600mm than the 120-300mm with a 2x tele.

IN Reply to the USA TIPS AND TRICKS THREAD, I thought id also post some random pics that I took along the way. not all of these are my best ones but I hope they are liked and appreciated none the less. Again, totally random selection of the file I took. 9000+ photos on the digital cameras and 4000+ on the iphone, mainly just happy snaps of random things along the way. Enjoy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You certainly do! Where are you?

Wish I could brave going outside tonight. Got the best lightning storm here in Ballarat at the moment. Best I've ever seen. Jeez they're close though, little bit scared. I don't think I have my tripod here either.

I'm very much an amateur photographer with an expensive habit.

Currently shooting with:

Sony A57 dSLR (or SLT if you want to get technical)

I love it... 16MP is plenty detail for what I'm shooting, and the 12 fps shooting comes in handy for sports. It's nuts. I also really like the EVF, especially as it was my first DSLR. It really helped me learn the ropes about shutter speed, ISO, f stops, and manual modes. Highly recommended.

Glass:

Kit Sony 18-55mm SAM
Sony 55-200mm SAM zoom
50mm f/1.8 "nifty fifty" (a must must must considering they cost no more than $150. I got mine for under $100 online)
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 (it is wiiiiiiiiiiiide and fast, just gorgeous

I also have a Manfrotto tripod and some UV filters on the lenses. Worthy investments. I find the kit lens to be an absolute ripper, highly undervalued along with the fast fifty. My zoom lens is due for an upgrade... perhaps looking for a 400mm one, perhaps the Sony G, looks sharp. Otherwise maybe the Sigma 150-500mm.

12831153724_7b85985719_b.jpg

12830728213_d782aaebc1_b.jpg

12831133444_7d40ba4f9b_b.jpg

12831197634_5057ab6c61_b.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back