Photos of Players Wearing Unfamiliar Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Richardson, Wayne Campbell, Michael Gale & 35 (Nick Daffy? anyone?):

295170-allies.jpg

35 would be Chris Bond.

What's with every single retired player going to play a game in Tassie?
Mostly one-offs. Aker played six games a few years ago, but everyone else was played a few thousand bucks to front up for a guest game and boost the crowds for a weekend. Stephen Milne played with Penguin for one game, and the crowd has pretty much paid the club's expenses for the rest of the season. Fev kicked 18 goals in his first match with the Eagles, and I think he got 7 the second time. Kouta however was off within minutes in his game, and Chris Tarrant played for two different teams in the one season...!

A far cry from the old TFL days though - there were seasons twenty years ago where every side had a permanent retired player in their lineup, who was usually the captain-coach, alongside an average of 30-40 players in the league who would eventually get drafted...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange comments. We won 7 of the first ten games under Watson including smashing the Bombers and Blues on Friday nights at the G.
He did well enough in the first season with someone elses side.

The second year, we were far and away the worst team in the league, he traded away our good players (the Wakelins, Winmar) and gave a spot to his over the hill mate Damian Monkhurst.

165496-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

I was there. It was horrible.

Sponsored by Pura Milk was it??
The first one was, yes. Then some advertising dick decided daffodil yellow was an excellent color and we should wear it 5 times a year!

They threatened to bring yellow back this year, the response from the supporters was a resounding go f##k yourselves!

Source? That's interesting
Untitled.png
I think it was in relation to the yellow LEDified training singlets, but you never know. We have a big indigenous round match coming up, and they could consider replacing the white with yellow to both support the sponsor and represent the colors of the Aboriginal flag.

He did well enough in the first season with someone elses side.

The second year, we were far and away the worst team in the league, he traded away our good players (the Wakelins, Winmar) and gave a spot to his over the hill mate Damian Monkhurst.

View attachment 53090

I was there. It was horrible.
I was there too but the thread is not about various Saints' coaches. It's about players in jumpers or coaches in polos that we are not used to seeing. I think somebody already did Monkhurst.

View attachment 53159
I think it was in relation to the yellow LEDified training singlets, but you never know. We have a big indigenous round match coming up, and they could consider replacing the white with yellow to both support the sponsor and represent the colors of the Aboriginal flag.

That Saints guernsey was my favourite one of all of them.

Should be brought back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back