Phuket

Remove this Banner Ad

I can confirm that, literally, just now the curfew has been lifted for Phuket, Pattaya and Samui...

So back to normal for those areas ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the best way to exchange money to get the best value? bank before u go, atm there, bank there etc etc

This morning through a normal ATM in Bangkok I got an exchange rate at 30.39. Perth airport in Friday was offering about 27.50...

For full disclosure, most Thai banks are now charging 180 baht per time for use of a foreign ATM card (that's basically $6) and with a couple of exceptions, most banks will only let you take out 20,000 baht maximum (a couple of banks let you do 30,000). That's obviously about $660.

ATM's here get you a better rate than you'll get at banks or money exchangers in Australia. Guys will tell you that travellers cheques (yep, those old things) can be exchanged here at the best rates, but it's marginally better than via an ATM. And if you buy a prepaid traveller card from an Aussie bank, again they'll likely do the conversion at closer to that 27.50 rate ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This morning through a normal ATM in Bangkok I got an exchange rate at 30.39. Perth airport in Friday was offering about 27.50...

For full disclosure, most Thai banks are now charging 180 baht per time for use of a foreign ATM card (that's basically $6) and with a couple of exceptions, most banks will only let you take out 20,000 baht maximum (a couple of banks let you do 30,000). That's obviously about $660.

ATM's here get you a better rate than you'll get at banks or money exchangers in Australia. Guys will tell you that travellers cheques (yep, those old things) can be exchanged here at the best rates, but it's marginally better than via an ATM. And if you buy a prepaid traveller card from an Aussie bank, again they'll likely do the conversion at closer to that 27.50 rate ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you sir ;)

There's a reason people like me avoid Patong :p

Seduction is probably the most "normal" club around Patong. I guess :)

EDIT: doesn't open til about 11 by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So heading there for 2 weeks with 10 mates and we are all pumped!

just a quick question for anyone that has been, we are thinking of getting some drugs over the counter like Ritalin ect.. has anyone had any experiences doing this or have any suggestions on how to go about doing it or what they recommend?

just a quick question for anyone that has been, we are thinking of getting some drugs over the counter like Ritalin ect.. has anyone had any experiences doing this or have any suggestions on how to go about doing it or what they recommend?

im not sure u can them or dexys anymore...5 or so years ago yes...I think it is hard now. Someone else may have a better idea.

you can get Xanax in some pharmacies and Valium in most. Go for the Roche more expensive valium not the cheap blue ones made in Thailand...they are severely under dosed.

God speed.

Another thing dudes will try and sell you cocaine in Phuket...especially along the beach at night. It is all s**t and lucky to have 2 per cent coke in it. Stay away.

Ritalin etc are only available these days from hospital pharmacies and only on prescription. Technically you'd need to go to a hospital, get an appointment and get a prescription .... Not that hard to do but that's the process...

In a number of areas Thailand has made many drugs more tightly controlled.

Xanax etc not so much and these are freely available at pharmacies, particularly the non-chain pharmacies.

Anyone buying drugs off the street in Thailand, particularly in Patong, Phuket is taking a fair risk at present. There's a very high chance its s**t sure but there's an equally high chance, in the current climate of police/army/mafia power games, that you'll be scammed for money or worse ....

Again, why people head to Patong is always hard to figure out, why they want to head to a country like Thailand and buy street drugs is hard to figure out .... and then I see them get off the plane boardies, singlets and barefeet (as I recently saw 3 young Victorian guys at Suvarnabhumi (BKK) and the penny drops :)

Enjoy, and use some common sense ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I recently spent time in Phuket..well about 6 months ago.

I really enjoyed it for a short stay. Had fun go karting, paragliding, elephant rides and just swimming and relaxing etc

Patong is a bit much for me with all the hookers and lady boys etc. Although I did enjoy watching the footy in the Aussie bar.

Not sure about the drugs, I don't do them but some friends went up to some hill and smoked a joint with some of the locals.

Overall Phuket is a good place for a short term holiday...although I believe there are better places in Thailand. I guess it depends what you are into.

That is the beautiful thing about Thailand...there is something there for everybody! Next destination Chang Mai.

yeah u do... bawahaahh. The other risks are self explanatory and been done to death.
You would be surprised how many tourists u see buying this s**t from these guys.

I've lived in Thailand over 6 years now. Little surprises me. But there is an increased edge at present and greater risks.... The cops have had many of their usual income streams disrupted and the easy targets are tourists to make up the shortfall. Catch a 20 year old Aussie with proper drugs and see how quick you can get 50k baht from him and his mates/family.... A fun game for the cops...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back