Pick #1, 2014

FullyBigKPro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
St Kilda badly need a key defender and a gun small forward... Obviously need a KPF but those other two needs would be higher i reckon.

Manimal_Dunstan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
St Kilda badly need a key defender and a gun small forward... Obviously need a KPF but those other two needs would be higher i reckon.
We need key forwards way before a KPD or small forward so if we're bottom three we'll take one of McCartin/Wright if we can if both are gone i'd assume probably Goddard although he seems more of a swingman or Durdin, which ever i guess.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
Are people seriously discussing the prospect of Brisbane trading pick 1? ****en seriously?

It was bad enough last year with Tom Boyd. Just **** off with these ****ing playground trades already. Should Brisbane find themselves with pick 1, there is a 0% chance they will trade it, no way jose, nana, not happening, not in a million years. Go waste your time with something else.
Wow!!

He did.
Found it really hard to split his and Goddards games and influence over it.
The clubs that draft either of these boys will be wrapt.

I think anyone who draft’s those 2 and Durdin and Wright be super happy. Would add Moore but chances he won’t make it to the Draft

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Say what? Delaney has barely been beaten in a 1-on-1 marking contest all year. Apparently as of a week or so ago he had been involved in 23 1-on-1 marking contests and only been beaten in 1 of them, which would surely be the best record of anyone in the comp for the year (to that stage). Bruce has potential as well, even though he has plenty to work on still.

May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just quietly my original tip of the Saints for the spoon is gaining speed. Brisbane, GWS both looking good this week - capable of notching another two or three wins in what's left of the year - but wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints go winless in the back half of the year.

May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just our luck we finish the season strongly and end up with pick 4-5...

Plenty of good forwards available this year, plus the Lions have some great academy players coming through. A few wins on the board will have a huge positive effect on the team, worth more than a higher pick any day of the week (see: Carlton, Melbourne).

Plenty of good forwards available this year, plus the Lions have some great academy players coming through. A few wins on the board will have a huge positive effect on the team, worth more than a higher pick any day of the week (see: Carlton, Melbourne).

Mmm, I do keep reminding myself that.

I do love the wins, and I know in the abstract the benefit of more wins, especially in a results-focused town like Brisbane... but I get the "here we go again, we just miss out on top talent" feeling again. :p

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I do love the wins, and I know in the abstract the benefit of more wins, especially in a results-focused town like Brisbane... but I get the "here we go again, we just miss out on top talent" feeling again. :p

Or all the KPPs taken early in the draft might end up being quite average like Gumbleton, Hansen and Thorp.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United

You obviously know nothing of our list. We got 2 key backs last year and have billings, Saunders, templeton as well as saad maybe coming back.
A small forward is the least of our worries

Or all the KPPs taken early in the draft might end up being quite average like Gumbleton, Hansen and Thorp.

I note you're ignoring the other top 10 selections that year of Leuenberger, Brown and Reid. :D

Back