Pick #1, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope McCartin falls to us wherever that may be. See us finishing in the bottom six really this weekend will decide if we finish with pick a pick above or below 4

BOYD and Sharenberg

Yes, because performing moderately as an outside seagull is really excellent. Boyd is a 201cm KPF - you expect him to take time. Not tracking ahead or behind now. Aish still to me is a very similar player to the 16 year old I saw at Norwood in 2012; really hasn't improved at the rate of other draftees

BOYD and Sharenberg

Might have something to do with Sharenberg not even done a full training session yet due to foot surgery rather then ability and with Boyd being a 198cm KPF who take time to come on but don't worry Boyd will be a gun.
Boyd most likely will come in and get an opportunity now Cameron will be out for an extended period and will do well imo.

Also I was being cheeky as in yes Aish is ahead now but in the future I don't think it will be the case. Aish will be a quality player for the lions but I expect the other 2 to reach a higher tier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will be behind Boyd and Sharenberg so have to settle for 3rd and 4th.;)

Should probably learn to spell Scharenberg before you start overrating him ;)

To see the Saints screw up a no.1 pick? :confused:

Well, yes... always a laugh. But more to see the same club pick two players from the same family at the no. 1 pick roughly a decade apart.

Yes, because performing moderately as an outside seagull is really excellent. Boyd is a 201cm KPF - you expect him to take time. Not tracking ahead or behind now. Aish still to me is a very similar player to the 16 year old I saw at Norwood in 2012; really hasn't improved at the rate of other draftees
No, that's not really the role he's been playing.

I note you're ignoring the other top 10 selections that year of Leuenberger, Brown and Reid. :D

Poorly worded post. That was exactly my point. The KPPs (not rucks) taken in the top 8 picks were pretty average as KPPs (for whatever reason) and the ones taken after that were quite good.

There may be a repeat this year.

Poorly worded post. That was exactly my point. The KPPs (not rucks) taken in the top 8 picks were pretty average as KPPs (for whatever reason) and the ones taken after that were quite good.

There may be a repeat this year.

I'd be happy to have Brown, Hansen or Reid, even if you exclude Leuenberger. I'm probably unusual in that I don't view a high draft pick as a guaranteed star - instead it's a reduced risk of having a complete write-off. If we get someone that's a staple in the team half a dozen years after they're drafted, chances are they'll be at or past 100 games and be a solid player.

I also don't think you can't single out one other year where the returns on first round KPPs were lower than normal and use that as an argument. The mass of evidence, i.e. every other year, is against it. Drafting's all around the percentages - the higher the pick the better the odds, otherwise you might as well collect late picks because every pick has had someone that's failed drafted at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back