Pick 1, Give us your best offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree. When rebuilding lists from scratch its about getting as many picks inside 30 that counts. There is always going to be misses, so if you can get 8-10 top 30 picks in 3 years you can afford a couple of failures.

So you do agree with me trading 1 for two top10 picks?

I believe we need to trade our players more so to clear salary cap. I would seriously offer Pies
Daisy Thomas for their 3rd Round Pick

Pies get their cash machine back, popular with the kids and will assist with membership drives, bargain for Pies, and Blues get another 3rd Rd and clear up cap

Correct.
SOS won't be able to get his number and name out on the night of the draft.

Blues need look at all options, and if the pros in keeping 1 outweigh the cons then no doubt keep it. I would be more happy with say 3 picks in the first Rd and few 2nd rd picks

Blues need look at all options, and if the pros in keeping 1 outweigh the cons then no doubt keep it. I would be more happy with say 3 picks in the first Rd and few 2nd rd picks

I just can't buy into this.
If Carlton end up with the #1 selection, we really have to hang onto it with both hands.

I just can't buy into this.
If Carlton end up with the #1 selection, we really have to hang onto it with both hands.

I hate the tag of number 1, how many in previous years can you say have stood out in their draft class? Not too many

I hate the tag of number 1, how many in previous years can you say have stood out in their draft class? Not too many

Took Hodge a few years back....Even up till 2012 people were still saying we made a mistake & should have taken Judd.... No one says THAT anymore!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took Hodge a few years back....Even up till 2012 people were still saying we made a mistake & should have taken Judd.... No one says THAT anymore!

Agree Hawks got it right. Hodge's record speaks for itself. Judd has outstanding credentials too for both clubs his played for

Murphy has been ok for me, Pendlebury clearly best in 2005 while Selwood in 2006 taken at 7.
Kreuzer been unlucky with injury but Danger at 10 in 2007

Trade with GWS

Older GWS mids - ward, scully, griffen
Young GWS mids - kelly, coniglio, treolar, whitfield, greene, shiel, pickett, bugg, smith

Older + young mids list = 12 players with potentially others rotating through if they develop. They won't all fit into the team and the age profile of the young GWS mids is a bit too tight.

Historically they've shown that they are willing to trade up for absolute top end talent.

Therefore you'd look at something along the lines of pick 1 for GWS 1st pick (projection 8-16 range) + young GWS mid + other young player of interest from midfield/fwd group (step down in talent from mid group)

ambitious but possible imo as GWS will trade for top picks

Trade with GWS

Older GWS mids - ward, scully, griffen
Young GWS mids - kelly, coniglio, treolar, whitfield, greene, shiel, pickett, bugg, smith

Older + young mids list = 12 players with potentially others rotating through if they develop. They won't all fit into the team and the age profile of the young GWS mids is a bit too tight.

Historically they've shown that they are willing to trade up for absolute top end talent.

Therefore you'd look at something along the lines of pick 1 for GWS 1st pick (projection 8-16 range) + young GWS mid + other young player of interest from midfield/fwd group (step down in talent from mid group)

ambitious but possible imo as GWS will trade for top picks
Mate I just don't see any of young superstars that have been bashed week after week wanting to leave us now.

Especially to a club in all sorts of trouble like Carlton. If they leave they're going to a club which is Premiership ready.

Carlton is far from Premiership ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back