Pick 1 on the table

Remove this Banner Ad

That's where I am of a different view. If that was any other club, other than St Kilda and Melbourne, it would be a different story. But these two clubs have such thin lists, that they can't simply get one blue chip player. What is the point? They are much better off getting that player with pick 1 in this draft and wait for him to mature when they are in a better position. They need 3 good players out of this, not just 1. Three players with upside.

You don't trade $1 for five .20c pieces.

Or it will see us this time next year discussing who we'll take with pick 1 in the draft, if you know what I mean.

I have resigned my self to the fact that my team will never have pick 1.

We have too much fight. Even when we were s**t we were still kinda ok.

Fwiw Basti and Pelchen were spotted having breakfast this morning on acland st.

Adds abit of legs to the above rumours.
Knowing Pelchen, he will probably offer us pick 38.

I have resigned my self to the fact that my team will never have pick 1.

We have too much fight. Even when we were s**t we were still kinda ok.

100 % agree I'm still pissed at what ever year we finished 13th ( 16 team comp) and the three teams below us all had priority picks!

We got pick 7, freakin disgrace.

If you're trading pick 1 you want a news story. Bastinac + Mullett + 15 doesn't sell hope. Won't happen.

Don't even think Cunnington + 15 would sell hope. We know how good Cunnington is/will be but he's not a household name yet. Ziebell might have made a big enough name for himself. I'd entertain none of this though.

We've got nothing they'd want we'd want to lose.

You bloody North supporters are just going to have to deal with the fact you are never going to see us with pick 1 in your lifetime.

Get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pelican said this arvo that current discussions involving a swap of pick one for Jaksch + O'Rourke + a pick under 5 "is the sort of deal we're entertaining, but not necessarily the exact deal that would get it done."

JZ should get a top 5 pick on his own IMO. We are talking about giving pick 15 to them. Plus players.

He was pick 7 and hasn't elevated himself much above that.

I don't want to trade him, just being realistic.

Hansen was pick 3. Gumbleton was pick 2. I'd say pick 9 (from memory that's what he was) is still a bit of a lottery. JZ is a proven top 10 pick, put it this way. I certainly wouldn't be trading him for anything, but if I was, I wouldn't be adding pick 15 to it, that's for sure.

Pelican said this arvo that current discussions involving a swap of pick one for Jaksch + O'Rourke + a pick under 5 "is the sort of deal we're entertaining, but not necessarily the exact deal that would get it done."
That would mean O'Rourke and Jaksch are pretty much steak knives :)
Mind you, neither of them has done FA at AFL level up to this point. Basti and Mullet have.

Hansen was pick 3. Gumbleton was pick 2. I'd say pick 9 (from memory that's what he was) is still a bit of a lottery. JZ is a proven top 10 pick, put it this way. I certainly wouldn't be trading him for anything, but if I was, I wouldn't be adding pick 15 to it, that's for sure.

Yeah, Pick 9, my bad!

Pelican??.... more like a *in peanut!

He was pick 9. He has shown he can rest forward very effectively for a midfielder. You're about 90% chance to land a player with a top 10 pick and about a 10% chance they'll become a franchise player. I'd be wanting a top 5 pick for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back