List Mgmt. Pick 1: SuperMega Thread

What do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depressing thread of late. May i remind all that we have Pick 1 in the draft and PSD. This thread is to revel in that fact and for us to come out with outlandish scenarios, that would make a wharfie blush.

Aaaaaaah for the posts where we turn Pick 1 (who turns out to be a GOP for their new club) into multi player gold for the Saints. Surely in mid-September we can have draft swaps involving 2, 3 or 4 clubs in which we triumph as in 2013?

Thanks Len...this is gonna be fun:

Pick 1 & Armo - Melbourne's Pick 2, Pick 3 & Pick 22 (they desperately want Petracca & Armo!!!)

Pick 2 - GWS for Tom Boyd & Pick 20 (Boyd demands a trade to St Kilda!!!)

Pick 3 & 20 - Bulldogs for Macrae, Pick 5 & Pick 25 (They desperately want McCartin/Wright!!)

Pick 22 & 25 - Richmond for Pick 11

We walk away with:

Boyd
Macrae
Pick 5
Pick 11
Pick 21
Pick 39
Pick 40 (Gwilt FA Compo)

sigggghhhhhhhhh....feel so much better!!

Pick 1 & Armo - Melbourne's Pick 2, Pick 3 & Pick 22 (they desperately want Petracca & Armo!!!)

Pick 3 & 20 - Bulldogs for Macrae, Pick 5 & Pick 25 (They desperately want McCartin/Wright!!)

We walk away with:

Boyd
Macrae
Pick 5
Pick 11
Pick 21
Pick 39
Pick 40 (Gwilt FA Compo)

swap Macrae for Stringer and you have a deal. I'm a HUGE fan of Stringer.

We walk away with:

Boyd
Macrae
Pick 5
Pick 11
Pick 21
Pick 39
Pick 40 (Gwilt FA Compo)

You forgot Fremantle.... Give them Jones, Gwilt, TDL & pick 56 for Pick 14

You know what, Ross would probably do that deal too :thumbsu:

Depressing thread of late. May i remind all that we have Pick 1 in the draft and PSD. This thread is to revel in that fact and for us to come out with outlandish scenarios, that would make a wharfie blush.

Aaaaaaah for the posts where we turn Pick 1 (who turns out to be a GOP for their new club) into multi player gold for the Saints. Surely in mid-September we can have draft swaps involving 2, 3 or 4 clubs in which we triumph as in 2013?

Hey guys and girls.

First time poster here and I was just interested to here some more outside the square ideas with regard to our number one pick not the usual GWS or Melb. Say something involving GC pick and pl;ayer type deals?

Also, I hate the thought of not having Armo but he would hold some trade currency with teams ready to contend, is he worth a mid to late first rounder and another youngish player??

Hey guys and girls.

First time poster here and I was just interested to here some more outside the square ideas with regard to our number one pick not the usual GWS or Melb. Say something involving GC pick and pl;ayer type deals?

Also, I hate the thought of not having Armo but he would hold some trade currency with teams ready to contend, is he worth a mid to late first rounder and another youngish player??
Jaeger wants out....Armo, Pick 1 & Pick 21 - O'Meara & Tom Lynch.

Hey guys and girls.

Pick 1 + Armo for GC's Picks 6 + 14 + 44

That could give us:

Picks - 6 (Lever/Ahern), 14 (Weller), 21 (McKenzie), 39 (VJ-Rainbow), 44 (McDonald), 57 (Lonie)

Last edited:
Hey guys and girls.

Saintsman welcome. Great to see you wanting to also hear some make your eyes water trading scenarios too. Look forward to your future posts.

Does anyone think because the club has shifted their focus to Petracca, a midfielder in the draft, they're confident in getting Boyd or Cameron out of contract next year? That's the feeling I'm getting. Continue to load up on mids and trade in key forwards.

My ideal draft is Petracca, De Goey and Weller. For that to be a possibility we need another top 20 pick.

Armo and pick 58 for pick 14? Would GC consider it? Hell, I would also throw in Gilbert as steak knives...

Pick 1 - Petracca
Pick 14 - Weller
Pick 21 - De Goey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sounds like something more in line with what Pelch wants from this period. covers the 3 in the top 21 idea

We could just trade Armo for that extra pick inside 21 and keep pick 1 though.

Does anyone think because the club has shifted their focus to Petracca, a midfielder in the draft, they're confident in getting Boyd or Cameron out of contract next year? That's the feeling I'm getting. Continue to load up on mids and trade in key forwards.

My ideal draft is Petracca, De Goey and Weller. For that to be a possibility we need another top 20 pick.

Armo and pick 58 for pick 14? Would GC consider it? Hell, I would also throw in Gilbert as steak knives...

Pick 1 - Petracca
Pick 14 - Weller
Pick 21 - De Goey

I would hope that we have a very good idea of a Roo replacement if we keep pick 1 and get Petracca. Maybe they really rate Lee/White/Stanley to develop or they see a diamond in the rough in McKenzie or Boyd/Cameron is a real possibility. No matter what it is, we'd sure as hell want to have an option that doesn't leave us with a massive hole in our forward line in the future.

We could just trade Armo for that extra pick inside 21 and keep pick 1 though.

I would hope that we have a very good idea of a Roo replacement if we keep pick 1 and get Petracca. Maybe they really rate Lee/White/Stanley to develop or they see a diamond in the rough in McKenzie or Boyd/Cameron is a real possibility. No matter what it is, we'd sure as hell want to have an option that doesn't leave us with a massive hole in our forward line in the future.

The Pelican knows we need to nail our early draft picks and it would seem Paddy just aint a sure thing like Boyd was last year so we are favouring the sure thing and very dominant Petracca.

We've seen Syd trade in Plugger....Hall....Tippett....Buddy. This may be the direction we are heading in. Draft mids, trade for KPP's.

The Pelican knows we need to nail our early draft picks and it would seem Paddy just aint a sure thing like Boyd was last year so we are favouring the sure thing and very dominant Petracca.

We've seen Syd trade in Plugger....Hall....Tippett....Buddy. This may be the direction we are heading in. Draft mids, trade for KPP's.

Quite possibly. It comes with a bit of risk if none are on the market when we need them or they don't want to come to us but developing our own also has its risks.

We will definitely look to FA or trades to fill holes from 2016 onwards but I just hope we don't have any colossal ones to fill.

Sorry to bring it up again, but seriously, everyone needs to read Paige's description of Christian Petracca again.

Pick 1: St. Kilda – Christian Petracca

Position: Medium forward/midfielder
Height: 186 cm, Weight: 92 kg, DOB: 04/01/1996
Club: Eastern Ranges
Projected draft range: 1-3
Player comparison: Dustin Martin/Josh P Kennedy

The most coveted prospect from the class of 2014, Christian Petracca has won just about everything this year, including the Larke Medal, Metro’s MVP and an All Australian jumper. Petracca, a strong-bodied, powerful, quick, goal-kicking midfielder is the complete package, and would be odds-on favourite to play round one, 2015. His development and progression into a genuine midfielder as opposed to a forward flanker is a credit to his character, discipline and appetite for hard work. He’s accepted challenges placed in front of him over the past 24 months and has gone above and beyond in answering those demands. Petracca features in the top one-percent in the country for his agility and speed, rating elite in his tackling, contested-ball, clearances and goals kicked by a midfielder. Petracca is now in the gun to be taken as the first selection, with one particular TAC Cup talent manager calling him a “once in a generation player that will be talking about for decades”.

Player Update: Labelled by one talent manager as “light years ahead” of everyone else in the draft. Also named in the TAC Cup team of the year on a forward flank.​

C'mon, this has got to be the guy, at least as a lock until the Combine.

Sorry to bring it up again, but seriously, everyone needs to read Paige's description of Christian Petracca again.

Pick 1: St. Kilda – Christian Petracca

Position: Medium forward/midfielder
Height: 186 cm, Weight: 92 kg, DOB: 04/01/1996
Club: Eastern Ranges
Projected draft range: 1-3
Player comparison: Dustin Martin/Josh P Kennedy

The most coveted prospect from the class of 2014, Christian Petracca has won just about everything this year, including the Larke Medal, Metro’s MVP and an All Australian jumper. Petracca, a strong-bodied, powerful, quick, goal-kicking midfielder is the complete package, and would be odds-on favourite to play round one, 2015. His development and progression into a genuine midfielder as opposed to a forward flanker is a credit to his character, discipline and appetite for hard work. He’s accepted challenges placed in front of him over the past 24 months and has gone above and beyond in answering those demands. Petracca features in the top one-percent in the country for his agility and speed, rating elite in his tackling, contested-ball, clearances and goals kicked by a midfielder. Petracca is now in the gun to be taken as the first selection, with one particular TAC Cup talent manager calling him a “once in a generation player that will be talking about for decades”.

Player Update: Labelled by one talent manager as “light years ahead” of everyone else in the draft. Also named in the TAC Cup team of the year on a forward flank.​

C'mon, this has got to be the guy, at least as a lock until the Combine.

An amazing quote:

"with one particular TAC Cup talent manager calling him a “once in a generation player that will be talking about for decades”."

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Back