List Mgmt. Pick 1: SuperMega Thread

What do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if Melbourne get pick 3 for James Frawley then Saints should trade Pick 1 and a player or players for picks 2 and 3.
Then use them to get McCartin and Wright.

You're not seriously suggesting we waste pick 21 on a 167cm midget when there will be high class AFL size mids available?
h7C75FEF9

If Daniel is available come Rookie draft, I reckon we grab him. Otherwise we're not in a position to take that punt.
I'd take a chance in the 3rd round… Brent Harvey will be All Australian this year at 36 YO, occasionally someone breaks the pattern.

It's pretty simple, with the first pick you control your own destiny, that in itself is worth two picks in the top 5.
I would trade the first pick with Melbourne for their two if we don't care about Petracca and they desperately want him, then we get whoever we want.
I also keep reading about us swapping number 1 for pick 3 and 20, trust me, this would never happen, you would sack your head of football if we did such a deal. It would be like ordering lamb shanks when you have the pick of a 5 star menu.

Hey I like lamb shanks!!! :eek:

Sam Mclure on 3AW just said St Kilda are working on a package with GWS involving pick 1 one of the players is Kristian Jaksch.

I hope we are confident of getting McCartin at 3 and that the Dees wont get band 1 Frawley comp.

Surely it wont be just 1 for 3 and Jaksch. There would have to be picks involved coming back our way?

I hope we are confident of getting McCartin at 3 and that the Dees wont get band 1 Frawley comp.

Surely it wont be just 1 for 3 and Jaksch. There would have to be picks involved coming back our way?
I've got no idea all he mentioned was one of the players it includes is Jaksch not much else.

Although one of them also mentioned Adam Tomlinson but didn't catch that bit properly.

I've got no idea all he mentioned was one of the players it includes is Jaksch not much else.

Hmmm we will have to wait and see I guess. I would be happy to get Jaksch though as he is a nice size and can play both ends and has some skillz.

He is not the answer for the key fwd that we need but we do need another key position player - especially if Lee doesn't make it and injuries strike Delaney or Bruce.

Sam Mclure on 3AW just said St Kilda are working on a package with GWS involving pick 1 one of the players is Kristian Jaksch.

Manimal I am not sure how you do this, but you seemingly are able to monitor hundreds of twitter feeds, radio interviews, blogs, web posts, media articles, comments whispered in dark alleys, notes on napkins and can report all of this within seconds of it being uttered, written, or delivered. An amazing effort and no idea how you do it all, but do appreciate your effort.

Pick 3, Jaksch & Wiley & .....

Although one of them also mentioned Adam Tomlinson but didn't catch that bit properly.

Manimal I am not sure how you do this, but you seemingly are able to monitor hundreds of twitter feeds, radio interviews, blogs, web posts, media articles, comments whispered in dark alleys, notes on napkins and can report all of this within seconds of it being uttered, written, or delivered. An amazing effort and no idea how you do it all, but do appreciate your effort.
That's the beauty of twitter, all the worlds information at the drop of a hat! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Awesome contributor to this board!

I rarely listen to the radio but was just then and that came about.

Happy to post things when i can. :)
That's the beauty of twitter, all the worlds information at the drop of a hat! ;)
This. :D

Yep. Awesome contributor to this board!

As if his head wasn't big enough already. :p

Surely we would wait until after the compo has been announced?

Thought it was me that mentioned Tomlinson.... about 3 months ago ;)

Seriously though, if those are the names we're dealing with, I'd be livid. Unless the deal is something like Pick 1 + pick 39 for pick 3 + pick 20 + Tomlinson + Jaksch, I'd be telling them "Pick 1 Stkilda: player 2546 - Christian Petracca of the Eastern Ranges" :D

One would hope so, but the AFL has kept the stupid format for the FA/trade period where they over lap fairly significantly so who knows when the compo picks will be announced.

be honest Manimal_Dunstan you are actually a super computer

Okay obviously it's hard to judge from highlights, but I've been watching some and it's enough to put me on team Petracca. Looks like a future superstar. Steven, Petracca, Dunstan, Billings, Armo/Weller/whoever... that is a future premiership standard midfield.

Absolutely, because it would potentially make the trade worse for us (but not THAT much worse), which means we might even squeeze MORE out of the Giants.

"Hmm, when you said you'd give us JOR, Jackshe and pick THREE, that was okay... but now that it's only pick FOUR, well... how about that pesky 2nd rounder you've got just lying there, hmmm....?"

You laugh, but isn't that pretty much what the Pelican did to the Hawks last year:

"Hmm, you said you'd give us Savage and your second pick... well, I think since you've just got another one of those pesky second picks, why don't you just give that to us, too, m'okay...?"

Okay obviously it's hard to judge from highlights, but I've been watching some and it's enough to put me on team Petracca. Looks like a future superstar. Steven, Petracca, Dunstan, Billings, Armo/Weller/whoever... that is a future premiership standard midfield.
He could be a super player. Potential to be top 10 in the league IMO

Back