Senior 10. Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Good pick up. He is a late developer with a birthday on Christmas eve I think it is, so just imagine how well he would have performed against this group of draftees had he been at the same level of development and not a year behind!
Once he gets a few more kgs on him and a bit of AFL level endurance he could be a very dominant forward.......... and don't forget that he might not have finished growing in height either.

Okay, so watching his highlights vid one of the things I noticed, besides the fact he is a bloody big lad and yet moves insanely well for his size, is he actually seems to know how to use his body in marking contests. As a Blues fan I can't be happy enough with that, we've had some big guys drafted previously that don't always seem to have a natural knack for that.

It's good to hear Adelaide were into him.

The Crows are generally on the mark with their key position players. Their last 200cm + forward being Kurt Tippet. He turned out pretty good. Until he moved to Shitney.
I thought the same but he was in incredible form this year.

This is the pick that makes or breaks our draft. Hasn't done a lot on field yet but has some great attributes, we all know how good it would be for the club if a 200cm forward with his attributes makes it.

One thing to note about Harry is that IF he was born 1 or 2 weeks later ( 8 days to be exact ) he would of qualified to go around in the U18's again next season and many pundits had him a sure fire No.1 selection next draft with another year of maturing under him playing against his own age.

This is an outstanding get for us and while he may take a couple of years to mature this kid is going to be good. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

welcome harry all the best.
seems to be a little light on in the post dept. i reckon. thought this may have been the the one we discussed most.
we need to remember he is very young & it does take time to adjust being that big.
give him 12 mths playing & training...2017 could be that "beast" we thought we had already

welcome harry all the best.
seems to be a little light on in the post dept. i reckon. thought this may have been the the one we discussed most.
we need to remember he is very young & it does take time to adjust being that big.
give him 12 mths playing & training...2017 could be that "beast" we thought we had already
Exactly, what's with that? Come on, this young fella has the right stuff - so write stuff!

Exactly, what's with that? Come on, this young fella has the right stuff - so write stuff!
McKay is good and tall and stuff so he should play the football good and kick all the goals. Plus I like the name Harry it reminds me of Prince Harry a bit but also Dr Harry who was really nice to animals even the ones that weren't very nice but did anyone ever notice Dr Harry looked a lot like Larry Perkins? I used to think that he raced V8s and then looked after dogs with sore paws in his spare time which was pretty impressive because he was old which he is still is to be technically correct. The only question I have is whether we have to say his name as Mc-Kay or Mc-Kye because otherwise it could be confusing if people dont know and yell out two different names from the crowd since it is really important to be #united even as supporters otherwise the players won't be either. I prefer Mc-Kay because Mc-Kye is how you say that place in north Queensland and I don't really like it there since my car broke down and it was a super hot day but really it was my own fault I am pretty sure I checked the radiator fluid before we took off and I might not have screwed the cap back on correctly so it blew off down the road like 100 km and nearly cooked the engine. Lucky for us I was driving a Galant VR4 which us fans like to call an Evo-0 since it was the first of that style of car before they changed the chassis but kept most of the rest to make the Lancer Evolution. Those cars are pretty hardy and take a lot of abuse to break them which is why I am thinking about buying another one now because our Hyundai Excel is a deathtrap with its shitty suspension and terrible brakes. I think i can jerk the steering wheel from side to side and 60 km/h and literally make the car flip onto its roof but i wouldnt want to actually try it since that would just be dangerous for other motorists and me because I am tall and my head touches the roof. Someone is selling a really nicely worked VR4 in the Barossa and I think we are going to go and look at the car and see if it is worth buying because I really deserve it after working so hard for so long plus they are lots of fun to drive and dont really get any attention from the police which I know from experience like when I got pulled over once and the policeman asked if I had a turbo fitted to 'my magna' from the factory because he didn't know you could do that which was pretty funny to all of us in the car at the time which brings me back to my original point that McKay is definitely good for doing the football and would look good in navy blue against his blonde hair even if he dyes it to another colour which people do sometimes since navy blue is almost black and black pretty much goes with everything except maybe white in some countries which is pretty sad really because we are all just human and I think thats what the biggest thing we can learn from McKay is although maybe Bolton has already taught him that since he was a teacher in Tasmania which I found out isn't another country but is actually a part of Australia even though the stencil my mum bought me when I was a kid didn't have it which made her a bit annoyed even though I tried to explain the extra material needed to create Tasmania in the stencil probably wouldnt have passed their cost/benefit analysis and Tasmania is pretty easy to draw freehand anyway.

One thing to note about Harry is that IF he was born 1 or 2 weeks later ( 8 days to be exact ) he would of qualified to go around in the U18's again next season and many pundits had him a sure fire No.1 selection next draft with another year of maturing under him playing against his own age.

This is an outstanding get for us and while he may take a couple of years to mature this kid is going to be good. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

This excites me. He seems a pretty confident lad too, which always helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back