Toast Pick #19: Welcome to Carlton Blaine Boekhorst

Isnt that a sauce??

463.jpg

Truth is then that most supporters don't know we have a very different recruiting team and network to what we did in the Ratten era.
Really? Other than Hughes getting demoted and then sacked, and Rogers getting promoted, please tell me how the recruiting network is very different to the one we had two years ago. I'm genuinely curious.

Holman will have a break out year in 2015, I see the talent and necessary desire and mongrel to get there.
I hope so. Personally unless there is a massive injury hit to the list I don't see Holman getting many games.

I'd love to be wrong, but on the other hand I'd also like to see some others on our list with a few more tricks make that jump ahead of Holman.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Really? Other than Hughes getting demoted and then sacked, and Rogers getting promoted, please tell me how the recruiting network is very different to the one we had two years ago. I'm genuinely curious.
Gandaal, Sin posted this a few weeks back which gives a brief description:
In 2012 it was Rogers and Hughes. Now it's Rogers, Jordan, Elliott and Harris working full time.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-07-31/the-network-how-carltons-recruiting-system-works

Windhover

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2010
Ruffy
AFL Club
Carlton
Loved Mick's good natured reaction to that tweet, most other coaches (esp Mr No Personality Buckley) would have towed out the old party line 'We will sit down and have a talk with him' but the manner Mick has done puts the young man and everyone at the club at ease.
Welcome to the blues BB. You were right on the money with your tweet - and it is a whole lot harder to replace an entire list than the coach. May you get your wish and see good-natured MM good-naturedly go.

Its important that new recruits/draftees are made to feel welcome at the club, something which perhaps wasn't as good as it could have been previously at the club (dating back to the later Brittain/Pagan era)

Where does a comment like this even come from? The "welcome" given to Paul Meldrum didn't stop him from becoming a valuable premiership player. That's the last time I can recall a player not being made to feel fully welcome. Perhaps you know more?

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Welcome to the blues BB. You were right on the money with your tweet - and it is a whole lot harder to replace an entire list than the coach. May you get your wish and see good-natured MM good-naturedly go.

Where does a comment like this even come from? The "welcome" given to Paul Meldrum didn't stop him from becoming a valuable premiership player. That's the last time I can recall a player not being made to feel fully welcome. Perhaps you know more?

Must you push your 'Mick' agenda in every thread.

We all get it with your thoughts on the coach and it doesn't need to be repeated practically every time you post.

Enough Windy!

As if, Windy...........

Back