Toast Pick #19: Welcome to Carlton Blaine Boekhorst

Remove this Banner Ad

Great explanation, let me rebut.

No it isn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't see how it could hurt clubs to give a list of their preferences which essentially gives away all strategy in drafting regarding what to look for? Then you'd need to have the clubs hand in the list prior to the draft and pick purely off that so there's any sort of integrity in the list.

It could also destroy the confidence of some kids and it would be an absolute s**t storm...just look at Mike Sheehan's shitty lists' debate.

Great explanation, let me rebut.

No it isn't

It is because:

1. We still have a rookie draft to follow.

2. Why should anyone else know where a club rated a player?
Would only add more questions and heat on recruiters/clubs etc than necessary..........and by who?
The club knows and that's all that matters.

You don't see how it could hurt clubs to give a list of their preferences which essentially gives away all strategy in drafting regarding what to look for? Then you'd need to have the clubs hand in the list prior to the draft and pick purely off that so there's any sort of integrity in the list.

It could also destroy the confidence of some kids and it would be an absolute s**t storm...just look at Mike Sheehan's shitty lists' debate.

I am more than willing to put up with those negatives as it would be interesting reading.

It is because:

1. We still have a rookie draft to follow.

2. Why should anyone else know where a club rated a player?
Would only add more questions and heat on recruiters/clubs etc than necessary..........and by who?
The club knows and that's all that matters.

Yeah well guess it would have to go after after the rookie draft. I can't really see the harm, it would give us a better indication of who the good recruiters are.

Rogers seems pretty happy to let people know who we're taking before the draft, can't see him having a problem after the fact.

Negative repercussions down the track.

Suppose we rated Matty Dick at #20 in the 2012. Wouldn't the Swans ask for a draft pick rather than allowing us to get him as a DFA?

Recruiting doesn't end on draft night and one needs to keep cards close to one's chest.

Yeah well guess it would have to go after after the rookie draft. I can't really see the harm, it would give us a better indication of who the good recruiters are.

Rogers seems pretty happy to let people know who we're taking before the draft, can't see him having a problem after the fact.

It just opens up so many cans of worms that any benefit would be far outweighed by the down-side.

A club that hasn't a higher-profile players name on the list would be subject to question, as would the player himself.
What if we didn't have Laverde on our list at all? Are we crazy and if not what is wrong with Laverde?
What has he done that others may not know about? Imagine the media.....Let's dig about a bit and find the story........maybe even make one up :)

Maybe Laverde bombed our interview for some reason because he's a staunch Bombers supporter and he (or his family) couldn't stand the thought of being a Blue...

A club that hasn't a higher-profile players name on the list would be subject to question, as would the player himself.
What if we didn't have Laverde on our list at all? Are we crazy and if not what is wrong with Laverde?
What has he done that others may not know about? Imagine the media.....Let's dig about a bit and find the story........maybe even make one up :)[/QUOTE]

What makes me wonder about Laverde is not so much that he slid to @20 that could happen easily in an even draft. It's that GWS passed on him 3 times and GC twice and I don't think either team has that type of player on there list. For a player with as much pre draft hype as he got you gotta ask wot wrong with this kid. :confused:

What makes me wonder about Laverde is not so much that he slid to @20 that could happen easily in an even draft. It's that GWS passed on him 3 times and GC twice and I don't think either team has that type of player on there list. For a player with as much pre draft hype as he got you gotta ask wot wrong with this kid. :confused:[/QUOTE said:
He plays for EssADA*.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that the AFL draft tracker had him at only 69kg. I have seen him listed as high as 74kg on the WAFL website. Funny that Dillon Viojo Rainbow is listed as 80kg and yet they are both listed around the same height (184cm / 185cm respectively). Looking at them in the highlights I would have thought Boekhorst was bigger so that interests me that there could be as much as 10kg between them. Boekhorst is more seasoned being 21 and having been in the WAFL for 3 years, however could Dillon be a bit more ready to play based on his weight?

You gotta assume these 2 guys are vying for the same spot along with Armfield and probably Dick as our outside run and occupying the other wing to Kade. Certainly with Kade 30 there is the promise of 2 spots on our list for outside run.

Boekhorst is also from Port Hedland which is way up north of WA. They breed them tough out that way. Cripps is from Northhampton which is more mid west, but we got ourselves a couple of country WA boys hopefully working together for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
Interesting that the AFL draft tracker had him at only 69kg. I have seen him listed as high as 74kg on the WAFL website. Funny that Dillon Viojo Rainbow is listed as 80kg and yet they are both listed around the same height (184cm / 185cm respectively). Looking at them in the highlights I would have thought Boekhorst was bigger so that interests me that there could be as much as 10kg between them. Boekhorst is more seasoned being 21 and having been in the WAFL for 3 years, however could Dillon be a bit more ready to play based on his weight?

You gotta assume these 2 guys are vying for the same spot along with Armfield and probably Dick as our outside run and occupying the other wing to Kade. Certainly with Kade 30 there is the promise of 2 spots on our list for outside run.

Boekhorst is also from Port Hedland which is way up north of WA. They breed them tough out that way. Cripps is from Northhampton which is more mid west, but we got ourselves a couple of country WA boys hopefully working together for the next 10 years.
If you have seen some of the grounds we played on up there... it's akin to playing on concrete... even with grass over the top

Saw him close up on Lygon a couple of weeks ago (just outside Uni Hotel for the historians) and his body will have to be Simmo like resilient to play a more than a couple of AFL games.

Saw him close up on Lygon a couple of weeks ago (just outside Uni Hotel for the historians) and his body will have to be Simmo like resilient to play a more than a couple of AFL games.

So you are saying he is scrawny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back