Toast Pick #19: Welcome to Carlton Blaine Boekhorst

Remove this Banner Ad

According to what I am getting from his grandfather, Blaine knew that he was going to be taken by Carlton before the draft... before today even... so it is lending itself to the fact that Rogers did rate Blaine highly.

to be honest that bugs me, with pick 19 we shouldn't be guaranteeing any player anything

to be honest that bugs me, with pick 19 we shouldn't be guaranteeing any player anything
It doesnt necessarily mean that he was promised to be taken at pick 19... just that he was going to be selected if he was available at one of our picks.

I may be crazy but his highlights look far more impressive than Laverde's.
I like that both Boekhorst and Viojo-Rainbow kick low bullets which should help us retain possession and not get burnt from simple missed targets.

I may be crazy but his highlights look far more impressive than Laverde's.
I like that both Boekhorst and Viojo-Rainbow kick low bullets which should help us retain possession and not get burnt from simple missed targets.
I noticed that as well off the highlights real... both of them... and 'Farmer' Smith as well... kick low bullet passes really well. And when they have to chip shot to a player, it's still not one of those massive up and unders that too many of our boys do. The kicks are usually weighted to their team mates advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that as well off the highlights real... both of them... and 'Farmer' Smith as well... kick low bullet passes really well. And when they have to chip shot to a player, it's still not one of those massive up and unders that too many of our boys do. The kicks are usually weighted to their team mates advantage.

I noticed the kicking too. Problem is, we don't play that way down at Carlton.

It's all kick down the line.... Mark, tap out of bounds, reset.

Still, we need elite outside running, ball use.

We've seen what a difference Isaac Smith (incidentally at #19) has made to Hawthorn.

I wasn't impressed with Clem's kicking as he seemed to burn the ball a bit but I'm sure we can work on that. Besides, he is the small, pacy, and most importantly, aggressive defender we have been crying out for for years!

I think our lead up forwards might be licking their lips at the prospect of being on the receiving end of the bullets from Rainbow and Boekhorst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back