Toast Pick #28: Welcome to Carlton Dillon Viojo-Rainbow

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I'm finding it hard to get a read on this guy, looks solid without appearing an out and out gun.

One thing's for sure, BT will absolutely lose his s**t when DVR debuts.

He doesn't need to be a gun. If he can play a similar role to Matty Suckling from the Hawks I'll be a very happy man. It's not too much to ask for some precision, bullet passes coming off half-back with the occasional push up the ground to kick long goals from outside 50 with that deadly left leg is it?

He doesn't need to be a gun. If he can play a similar role to Matty Suckling from the Hawks I'll be a very happy man. It's not too much to ask for some precision, bullet passes coming off half-back with the occasional push up the ground to kick long goals from outside 50 with that deadly left leg is it?
Spot on, good foot soldiers like Carrazzo, Simpson, Scotland etc are invaluable. Not every player can be Juddy.

Spot on, good foot soldiers like Carrazzo, Simpson, Scotland etc are invaluable. Not every player can be Juddy.

Not all the Hawks players are guns either. They have a lot of B+ players that just buy into the game plan and culture and do the job week in and week out. We don't need our draftees to be guns or heap that pressure onto them, we just need them to play to their individual strengths and buy into the culture and team first attitude that we are finally developing once again.

DVR may become an unassuming gun anyways! He reminds me a little of Brodie Smith from the Crows and he made the AA team this year.

Definitely fills a need at the club with what looks to be exceptional disposal.

Finally a replacement for Hoops
?

Can you imagine anyone asking if we needed a replacement for Hoops back in the day?

Here's hoping he has a bit more mongrel then Ryan though

Can you imagine anyone asking if we needed a replacement for Hoops back in the day?

Here's hoping he has a bit more mongrel then Ryan though

For all of hoops' faults, he sure could deliver the ball. Fevdemort used to say there was no one he'd rather have delivering the ball into 50.

What I like about DVR's highlights is that on top of the bullet passes, there's plenty of aerial contests. And he comes down with the pill in a fair few occasions (albeit highlights).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something about this kid that excites me, foot skills etc and a quality person. He's got leadership qualities written all over him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back