Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this one has genius or massive cockup written all over it.

I'll admit to a major amount of scepticism. I rate drive, mongrel and hunger very, very highly (look at the likes of Jack Watts FFS), so a kid who quits TAC Cup footy at 17yo coz he's not really interested rings big alarm bells.

I know it's a day of excitement but thats just how I feel about it. I was shocked when the likes of Balic were still available and I just hope that didn't take us by surprise.

See how we go.

His highlight package is pretty impressive. Impressive pace and actual good disposal skills and some composure behind that pace. Didn't mind some of his long handballs too.

He's one that i feel like will be either boom or bust. Either we've gotten a steal or he's going to be a complete flop. I'm thinking if he's got his head on straight and is ready for an AFL environment then he could be a ready impact player from day one looking at his build.

Baguley does that role fine. Morgan looks being a nice rebound defender with good skills, pace and decision making. Pleasantly surprised by this pick.

He will replace Baguley.

Baguleys not young.

I dont know if i see enough in him to be a quality half back flank. Alot seem bigger in height. Not many 180cm half backs?

Henderson, B.Smith, Tuohy, Docherty?, Houli, Dempsey, Hibbo, Gleesin, Bob Murphy, Boyd, Sheridan, Ibbotson, Newnes, Gilbert, Malceaki, Hurn, Sheppard, Birchall, Pittard, Roberton

Reminds me most of Adam Saad Gold Coast. I think he has been picked to replace Baguley offer skill and run.

Maybe Docherty, Yarran, Kade Simpson, Saad types arent that much taller as half backs

Hes the pick im lease excited about but will back dodo and development in

I'll admit to a major amount of scepticism. I rate drive, mongrel and hunger very, very highly (look at the likes of Jack Watts FFS), so a kid who quits TAC Cup footy at 17yo coz he's not really interested rings big alarm bells.

I know it's a day of excitement but thats just how I feel about it. I was shocked when the likes of Balic were still available and I just hope that didn't take us by surprise.

See how we go.

Yeah, he's easily the one i'm least keen on, yet looks to have the most easily transferrable attributes, if that makes any sense.

If he had gone to another club where he could slot in for a guaranteed 20 games he'd be an enormous shout for the rising star next year

He has got one superb drop punt kick on him. Beautiful sleek action as he glides around was great to watch.

Has great awareness around traffic with that handball and baulks and evades very smartly.

Reminds me of a young Ken Hunter.

I like him.

See how we go.

Agree. IMO there were much better options at pick 29. Word is Dororo wasn't keen on Morgan but was talked into it last night.

I would have taken bonner.

Yeah, he's easily the one i'm least keen on, yet looks to have the most easily transferrable attributes, if that makes any sense.

If he had gone to another club where he could slot in for a guaranteed 20 games he'd be an enormous shout for the rising star next year

Transferrable attributes? He's cooked already.

See how we go.
See Bunk I look at it the other way.

He quit, realised he love the game and worked his ass off to get back in and get the chance. He already knows what its like without footy, obviously didn't like that life and will as such fight for the chance to keep his career.

See Bunk I look at it the other way.

He quit, realised he love the game and worked his ass off to get back in and get the chance. He already knows what its like without footy, obviously didn't like that life and will as such fight for the chance to keep his career.

not only that but i kind of like a person who has diversified interests.

Sometimes you get these kids who have breathed football only since day dot - they can become limited as people.

I much prefer the idea of somebody who has had a little break and done something else for a little bit, and then yeh as you say you learn to appreciate what footy is cause you have been without it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back