News Riley Bonner departs for St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies told me as much himself today...
Surely their list would not have included the players that were so called guaranteed to go before our pick such as the top 2 or 3 plus a couple of academy players.

Surely their list would not have included the players that were so called guaranteed to go before our pick such as the top 2 or 3 plus a couple of academy players.
I didn't ask, I just assumed this would be the scenario... Our list would have focused on players that were even remotely likely to slide.

It would have included all players, but while it would have been mostly arranged around talent there would also have been individual club factors such as flight risk, position needs, etc. that would make the club's draft order unique.

I didn't ask, I just assumed this would be the scenario... Our list would have focused on players that were even remotely likely to slide.

Parker said they had a list of 50 names on their talent list, including those who were 'locked in'.

I :hearts: Jasper and I :hearts: how so many opposition fans laugh and scoff at him, for one it shows they know sfa about the game and two it will make any success we have with Jasper an important cog even sweeter.
Me too ... Many posters say they cringe & worry every time he gets the ball! Yeah? I am the opposite ... I love it when he gets the ball. You just know that something is going to happen, and that there is not going to be some dinky kick backwards to a player. He stuffs up, but the amount of opportunities he creates far outweighs those IMO. When we play bad as a team, his mistakes are highlighted, because he has to end up mopping up the crap, and trying to create a spark from nothing! When we play well as a team, he is just seamless!

He only played 1 league game, several Reserves games and some Under 18 games. He will be physically stronger next year and better for it.

The wraps on his kicking are correct. He's an elite kick, long and accurate. Dominated several Under 18 games, racking up possessions as an on-baller at that level, but more at home at half-back.

Needs to improve his defensive game, but that will come.

He could turn out to be an elite player.

Westies producing a fair bit of talent. Good to see all the money we give you isn't just being pissed away on scoreboards and fiduciary coverups.

Westies producing a fair bit of talent. Good to see all the money we give you isn't just being pissed away on scoreboards and fiduciary coverups.

Can't help yourself, can you?

Just visited politely when someone asked if anyone had seen Riley play, which I had, often.

Say hello to Hamish for me.

Me too ... Many posters say they cringe & worry every time he gets the ball! Yeah? I am the opposite ... I love it when he gets the ball. You just know that something is going to happen, and that there is not going to be some dinky kick backwards to a player. He stuffs up, but the amount of opportunities he creates far outweighs those IMO. When we play bad as a team, his mistakes are highlighted, because he has to end up mopping up the crap, and trying to create a spark from nothing! When we play well as a team, he is just seamless!

What should be noted with Jasper is this: the bigger the game e.g. opposition as in Hawks the better he plays and i include finals. That is when he is at his best and i believe it makes him more focused better concentration and more likely to implement first option first give either by foot or hand.
Jasper IS one of our most important players and should be signed on a long term contract like Hamish, Chad, Ollie et

Can't help yourself, can you?

Just visited politely when someone asked if anyone had seen Riley play, which I had, often.

Say hello to Hamish for me.
This is all true, and good on you but

* West Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some say this sort of post "encourages radicalization" among the moderates.
You'll have Westies on the phone to the Mad Mullah Kris Grant at this rate.

Bonner not now, have it later.

latest

OK lets just get the worst nicknames out of the way shall we

Napoleon Bonner-parte
Bonner-notte
Bonner Prince Charlie
Bonnerfides
Maxibonner

Riley Bonner aka `The Immediate'

Don't know jack s**t about the boy we drafted, or any other within that level of expectancy, but the club did me proud by picking a local. The odds of kids playing better in their own back-yard than elsewhere surely has to be so much higher?

Well done and thank you to the recruiting staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back