Pick 4 - Who is your choice?

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Scharenberg but we don't seem to be looking at him. I'd prefer to select a Victorian lad anyway, just so I'm justified in hurling abuse if he becomes a gun and then leaves :p
Billings for me. Great top 10-15 or so in this draft and shallow as a pond beyond that. I'm looking forward to the wealth of KPP talent on offer in next year's draft - if Jones/Campbell/Crameri/Cordy/Grant all play their role in 2014, a great midfielder might slide to us.

I think with Dal Santo gone the Saints will pick up Aish if GWS don't. Aish for me if he's there, but otherwise Billings looks good too. Haven't looked into potential draftees like I did last year but Scharenberg descriptions I've read seem too similar to Plowman last year. I'd rather we draft a player who knows what their position will be, not someone like Everitt who can be a jack of all trades but master at none.

When is a top draft 5 pick ever speculative?
I dunno if you're one but some people seem to have a distorted view where they think that players like Tom Williams (even though he was pick 6) hadn't shown they were very good footballers.
So if Gardner or McCarthy were taken inside the top 7-8 would they be in the speculative Williams class?

Will only be annoyed if was pass on Aish if he's available.
Not sold on Billings (kids sounds a bit thick to be honest) and Scharenberg would give us 3x3rd Talls, but would be content with both.
Say no to smokies.

The last time we had pick 4 was in 2002 & we drafted a certain Tim Walsh (anyone remember him?)

I don't think we can miss this year though, there is so much top end talent available that no matter who we pick is going to end up a terrific player for us.
Clayton :mad:
I just remembered that we also took Farren Ray with pick 4 in 2003. Although better than Walsh, he was also a disappointment overall.
Clayton :mad:

Surely as we don't have Clayton anymore we'll make the right choice, just a bit skeptical on Billings atm.

Not sold on Billings (kids sounds a bit thick to be honest) and Scharenberg would give us 3x3rd Talls, but would be content with both.
Say no to smokies.

If being dumb was a dealbreaker we'd have half the footballers running around. Maybe we should go after the dumb blokes so we can underpay them and feed them propaganda about other clubs...

Aish or Lewis Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish. Imo the most similar to Griffen when he was recruited. Great skills, line breaking pace and the frame and occasional attack on the footy to promise an elite mid

I just hope we have the balls to take Marcus Bontempelli . It is a whisper around that GWS will take him pick 2. Collingwood wanted 6 to to get him. 183cm outside mid at the moment, pace, strong pack mark, when body develops will be a power in the mid field. Also a very good by hand and foot. He has so much upside.

Yes I think he could be anything too. But he is a bit to speculative at 4 perhaps? If Scharenberg is still there at 4 I would take him before Bontempelli. But tempting.

Scharenberg for me given a choice of the players likely to be available.

Say no to smokies.

I can think of one guy running around for us once , was never a rocket surgeon , but was a football genius.
There is even a statue of him !

I would go KK think he suits our needs more, is compared to a Murphy type who also can develop into a midfielder which if he does would make him a big midfielder as he is already 188cm, Fills a hole at half back which allows Murphy to move forward and Cooney and Macrae to stay through the midfield.

Aish at #4 and Conlan at #42 would be a very good outcome for mine. If we thought 6 months ago we'd get Aish at 4, I think we'd have been ecstatic.

If being dumb was a dealbreaker we'd have half the footballers running around. Maybe we should go after the dumb blokes so we can underpay them and feed them propaganda about other clubs...

Hahah. Too true.

Carey, Swan, Gilbee and Callan Ward send their regards...

Picks 2-5 seems all over the place at the moment.

Most experts reckon its a lock with Kelly at 2, Billings at 3 and us to take Aish at 4 which is fantastic!

Could see any 4 of Aish/Billings/Sharenberg/Kelly/Bontempelli/KK in there.

But gotta go with the experts in the media at this stage!

AISH!

I don't know much about Billings but he seems to be Shaun Higgins V2.0 from what I've read.

Exactly you are spot on, leave me out of Billings completely. Very average year, hit up player for Vic Metro completely blanketed after his player realized that.

I hope Kelly is somehow still available, if not Kade K from Tasmania.

Both exciting left foot runners with speed and able to link up and run

Whoever we pick up at 4 I don't want the commentators to say "that's a surprise pick, I had him in the 15-20 range"....don't be too cute Dogs recruiters and go for a player(s) as mentioned above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back