Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best
Yeah, actually, I'll withdraw the "quality" criterion.

I've seen Brownlow nights, I don't know what I was thinking.

You were thinking with this

wrench-1.jpg

I will defend him a bit here.

You only get to go to a school formal once in your life.

i'm going to my fourth next week.. :p and the saints one was the worst one!!

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
if mitch had ditched the game for the formal at the last moment or not told them he was not going to play or told them at the last moment i would see the issue with it.

but every quote ive read is that "mitch chose to go to the school formal over playing finals"

so it sounds like he has gone to the club and told them he wanted to go to the school formal. i think the club are being stupid here. its only juniors footy ffs and that one game wasnt going to make or break anything for mitch. he has plenty of footy left ahead of him and plenty of sacrifices to make for football. i have no issue with him telling the club he wanted to go to his school formal.

it sounds like north had all their hopes of winning pegged on him playing and were pretty dirty about it, this would explain north people having a dig at a 17 year old choosing to go to his school formal.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did we hide him or did he hide himself to try and get to Port? :)

What's the problem? He only let down North Adelaide.

There was plenty of Sturt annoyance with Wingard when he put himself in cotton wool in his draft year because he didnt want to get injured.

missionpossible

Premiership Player
Nov 24, 2004
sheidow park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
There was plenty of Sturt annoyance with Wingard when he put himself in cotton wool in his draft year because he didnt want to get injured.

Not to mention the year before where he returned to Imperials to play in 3 grand finals in one day for three flags (fi my rumour mill is correct) I never did check if this was fact or urban legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

elMM

Cancelled
Nov 2, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
thebeesharps
Big Red

just what we need, more redheads.

BrockBlitz

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
if mitch had ditched the game for the formal at the last moment or not told them he was not going to play or told them at the last moment i would see the issue with it.

but every quote ive read is that "mitch chose to go to the school formal over playing finals"

so it sounds like he has gone to the club and told them he wanted to go to the school formal. i think the club are being stupid here. its only juniors footy ffs and that one game wasnt going to make or break anything for mitch. he has plenty of footy left ahead of him and plenty of sacrifices to make for football. i have no issue with him telling the club he wanted to go to his school formal.

it sounds like north had all their hopes of winning pegged on him playing and were pretty dirty about it, this would explain north people having a dig at a 17 year old choosing to go to his school formal.

Agreed, his school spend a good hundred grand or so on their formal. Its a pretty epic display - I wouldn't miss it as a graduating kid either.

Ebert80

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2008
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not to mention the year before where he returned to Imperials to play in 3 grand finals in one day for three flags (fi my rumour mill is correct) I never did check if this was fact or urban legend.
That doesnt right to me.

He did play in at least 1 A grade flag with Imps - I think it was when he was 15..whether he played in 15s, 17s and A grade flag in same year/day, Im not sure.

what year would this have been? not this year because the might mannum roos won :p. I'll go searching for some info.

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
A bit of quick research showed A and B premierships in 2011 - couldn't determine Chingard's participation but

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
I know he did play in the A grade one as a 16 year old I think? They left him on the bench at the start as there were going to be some pretty heavy hits early.I think he came on around quarter time and kicked 3 goals.

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
Agreed, his school spend a good hundred grand or so on their formal. Its a pretty epic display - I wouldn't miss it as a graduating kid either.
School comes first they say.
I didn't play footy for my school side or even wanted to.But I had some pretty good games in under 17's which caught the attention of former Sturt player Andrew Zilm who was the School coach. He said to me " You know I can stop you playing for your club side if you don't play for your School team?" I laughed and said "no"
Anyway he came down to watch the next Week and I played the worst game imaginable.He never talked to me again after that.

the year before his draft year, I think they beat mannum in the reserves,

hmm, mannum reserves have been crap for 3 years, they won their first game in two years this year.

Back