Strategy PICK 5 - WHO WOULD YOU PICK NOW? (Its done! Thread closed, pls post on the 'welcome' thread)

A weeks to go. Who would you pick now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends with Emma Quayle? Please. That sounds like something she would say, the believability is another matter.

She also paid out on Taylor Adam's last year and his sister gave her a massive dressing down on Twitter. She blows with the wind and is a massive bullshit artist.

Don't care about her or her believability but saying she thought Adams is crap is fair enough on what he has produced so far at collingwood. Not saying he is gone but he needs to produce far far better than what he has.

Don't care about her or her believability but saying she thought Adams is crap is fair enough on what he has produced so far at collingwood. Not saying he is gone but he needs to produce far far better than what he has.
He was 20 years old this season. That's 4 or 5 years off his peak. What did people expect from him? He'll be a jet IMO.

He was 20 years old this season. That's 4 or 5 years off his peak. What did people expect from him? He'll be a jet IMO.

I expected him to be able to kick better than a 13 year old. I wasn't expecting much be he was the worst kick I can remember seeing at collingwood. Seriously 90% of the TAC cup would hit the targets he was missing under no pressure. Anyway this isn't an Adam thread so we had best leave it.

Is this her latest, latest lock? A bigger turkey I cannot think of in regards to footy knowledge. An unabashed rip-off merchant and bullshitter of extraordinary magnitude.

My #1
She just a try hard trying to pull a big job in the media or to work at a club as draft watcher or something and i don't think her time and efforts will pay off

I actually see a lot of Dale Thomas in the way De Goey plays/moves. Perhaps he won't go that bad after all. Still want Langford.
I see like bits of many players like luke hodge, jordan lewis, sellwood, and Jimmy the cat. like i mean the old school fashioned type footballer who is tuff and get's the job done. but don't take my post out of context.
But he might end up cross between a jordan lewis and ryan o'keefe type.

Last edited:
I see like bits of many players like luke hodge, jordan lewis, sellwood, and Jimmy the cat. like i mean the old school fashioned type footballer who is tuff and get's the job done. but don't take my post out of context.
But he might end up cross between a jordan lewis and ryan o'keefe type.

Yep, it's that desperation to get the ball that saw me draw the comparison. His highlights aren't mind blowing but he looks rock solid and perhaps that's what the club want. Definitely see the JL and ROK comparison too. Wasn't referring to the Dale Thomas flash, more the hard as a cats head DT of '10-'11.

I actually see a lot of Dale Thomas in the way De Goey plays/moves. Perhaps he won't go that bad after all. Still want Langford.

I had the same thought. The way he takes his marks shows a similar style. He has a solid frame, reads the drop well and outmarks opponents with positioning and reach.

The other similarity with Thomas I was thinking was that he obviously had a strong TAC Final (3 goals) - Thomas kicked 5 in the TAC GF and Sidebottom kicked 10, we are used to Hine liking this feature in a player. Also Daisy did not have huge production numbers except for maybe 2010/11, he was more of a 20 touch 'impact' player than a ball magnet.

To me that's a reasonable comparison. But you'd certainly hope De Goey can work hard, find a role and really develop consistency. He obviously has some talent and is a great size for the current game.

I had the same thought. The way he takes his marks shows a similar style. He has a solid frame, reads the drop well and outmarks opponents with positioning and reach.

The other similarity with Thomas I was thinking was that he obviously had a strong TAC Final (3 goals) - Thomas kicked 5 in the TAC GF and Sidebottom kicked 10, we are used to Hine liking this feature in a player. Also Daisy did not have huge production numbers except for maybe 2010/11, he was more of a 20 touch 'impact' player than a ball magnet.

To me that's a reasonable comparison. But you'd certainly hope De Goey can work hard, find a role and really develop consistency. He obviously has some talent and is a great size for the current game.

Some of the marks with a quick hand off to teammates really looked like DT to me. He's got that want for the pill though that DT showed in 10-11 and with bigger frame and what appears to be a better kick, I'm hoping he'll grow on me if we take him.
Still want Langford though, seriously think he could be amazing. At #30 if Big mcK or Viojo-Rainbow are available I'd love either. Rainbow's disposal is something that would really give us a lift I reckon. Just a couple of those types of low, flat, well weighted passes into our forward 50 each week could make things so much better. Big McK, well he'll be a monster and I'd love one of them any day of the week. This man v boys stuff is moot to me as he appears to have incredible amounts of that weight in his legs and core area and will get to a stage when even the gorilla defenders will have trouble moving him. He's also quick as all f*ck and leads at the ball when he needs to. I don't care if he a "one trick pony" (Clydesdale actually) If that trick is marking the ball kicking goals ala Lockett then where's the problem?
There will be quality at 30 and 48. That's good news for us as we've got arguably the best late pick recruiter in the business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the rumours are to be believed that we are heavily into De Goey, I believe it may be for the below reasons.

He seems like a hard working, well balanced kid. I reckon our club loves these type of players as they will generally get the most out of their career. He may or may not have the potential of others, but we may have the feeling he is the most likely to reach his potential. Hence, he is the least risky pick at 5

Just my thoughts and I could be wrong. It may all be a smoke screen.

Thanks. It's good to get a bit of additional info from someone who's seen him play a bit which you obviously have. Your phantom is a good read as well by the way. Nice work.

Would you say, as per speculation above, De Goey is capable of better numbers with more midfield time and a pre season or is he just one of those guys who doesn't find it enough? I notice you talk about his lack of consistency being a problem.
He'd definitely be capable of improving on those numbers. A few who watch the APS closely have seen a lot of his potential future in midfield, and his production to date has been a result (definitely not a cause) of his lack of continuity in one position and at one level. He's had some injuries to deal with, but has a mixture of versatility, marking, class and toughness that's just extremely difficult to find. One knock on him earlier in the year was pace, and he tested above average at the combine for 20m sprint, and well above average for the repeat sprints.

I still think Laverde but moving a little more towards Langford, primarily because I think (IMO) the ceiling is a little higher with him, that said if Hine, Rendell and the coaching staff go with anyone else we are going to get some real potential at number 5. High draft choices don't always make it they just have a better chance having their talent identified and at an early stage. This is still a lottery and some of these guys take time to transition into AFL, bottom line some won't make it, some will make a living and hopefully #5 is a future Brownlow Medalist.

If it's DeGoey then having faith in the recruiting team, he is the best potential for the Collingwood Football Club at this stage, despite all our opinions. Don't write off anyone or bag them because next year could be a mouthful of pie (the humble kind). Personal preferences are one thing, bagging a kid for being good enough to be thought of as a top 5 selection is a worry (IMHO)

If the rumours are to be believed that we are heavily into De Goey, I believe it may be for the below reasons.

He seems like a hard working, well balanced kid. I reckon our club loves these type of players as they will generally get the most out of their career. He may or may not have the potential of others, but we may have the feeling he is the most likely to reach his potential. Hence, he is the least risky pick at 5

Just my thoughts and I could be wrong. It may all be a smoke screen.

Agree - Hine loves the Prospects that work hard to get best out if themselves.

Seems a safe pick as he does not have much Bust Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back