Past Tyrone Leonardis - delisted 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of me thought I was going to struggle to get behind him after the Goodesy saga, but not any more! Really hoping he makes it for the red and white now. Cheers for sharing the article.
A Hawks fan waynkar on the MB was saying if it had been a Hawthorn rookie Liking obnoxious posts about one of their indigenous stars, it would have been all over the papers for days, but apparently because it was a "COLA" (gee, hadn't heard that one for a while) the media wasn't interested.

Does their paranoid arrogance know no bounds?

A Hawks fan waynkar on the MB was saying if it had been a Hawthorn rookie Liking obnoxious posts about one of their indigenous stars, it would have been all over the papers for days, but apparently because it was a "COLA" (gee, hadn't heard that one for a while) the media wasn't interested.

Does their paranoid arrogance know no bounds?

Strange thing is it was all over the papers for days.

Not sure what his point is.

Strange thing is it was all over the papers for days.

Not sure what his point is.
Well I called it paranoid arrogance but maybe it was arrogant paranoia.

Or both.

We are talking about a Hawks fan, after all. Always trying to steer every discussion on the MB onto how they've won three flags in a row.

And then, without a hint of self-awareness that I can detect, turning round and accusing Swans fans of always trying to make the discussion about us.

Well phuque 'em.

The pain of 2014 is great, but the ecstasy of 2012 is greater.

I don't get nervous when I see Reg put it on the boot. I do when Rampe, Richards, Laids (Unless it's a shot on goal), Jones & Reid do. He's a much better footballer than he's given credit for.

I agree. Reg is quite ok. It is just when he Grundy's up he really does a Grundy and it looks Grundtastically awful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suffering a real crisis in halfback options, without @sexytyrone97 we would be down to only Newman, Jones, Smith, Marsh, Rampe, Rohan, Cunningham, Foote and whoever the failed midfielders end up being
Well it could have been worse, we could have ended up with Dunkley

Well it could have been worse, we could have ended up with Dunkley

Yeah but we didn't meet the untried 18 year old's stipulations so pick 50-whatever will do instead :drunk:

After last season I thought we made a real blunder passing on Dunkley.

Hindsight eh...

We did make a blunder. Will be a great 12 year player for them. Would pick him up in a trade for any in our twos, bar Dawson.

After last season I thought we made a real blunder passing on Dunkley.

Hindsight eh...

We did.

Hard to play well (or at all) when you destroy your shoulder and require reconstructive surgery.

He'd be depth for us at best. Before the emergence of Hewett & Hayward, Dawson banging down the door and Papley tearing it up in his stints in the middle, I would have had Dunkley in our best 22.

Will be a good player and would be nice to have on the list but we won't miss him.

Re: Dunkley, he had a chance to join us and chose not to. I don't care how good or not he is/was/could be, if you don't want to commit 110% then I don't want you pulling on the jumper. He's a dog & won a premiership with them. I'd call that a win to him. Good on him.

Last edited:
Re: Dunkley, he had a chance to join us and chose not to. I don't care how good or not he is/was/could be, if you don't want to commit 110% then I don't want you pulling on the jumper. He's a dog & win a premiership with them. I'd call that a win to him. Good on him.
Actually he did nominate us but correct, his heart was in Victoria. We helped him out because that's the sort of club we are!

We did make a blunder. Will be a great 12 year player for them. Would pick him up in a trade for any in our twos, bar Dawson.

Hayward >>> Dunkley
Florent >> Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back