Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

We've known Jack would end up in Navy Blue for some time now, but for it to finally be official is fantastic.

Jack's selection is a brilliant story and enough to put a smile on the face of any Carlton supporter.

The name 'Silvagni' is synonymous with the Carlton Football Club. Sergio was before my time but SOS was an idol of mine growing up - it warmed the heart of many to welcome him back to the club in an official capacity.

To welcome the Silvagni name back to the club in a playing capacity....well that's something else - a special moment for the family and for the club. It will be huge to see Jack run out for his first game over the next few years.

Plenty of pressure on Jack now given his family history but best he forget that and forge his own career with the club. Has a long way to go of course, but there are signs of quality there, and if he can develop into half the footballer his father and grandfather were, then he'll be an absolute beauty.

well said..exactly my thoughts!

Born with NAVY BLUE blood!

JackSilvagni55_Hero.jpg

Just got a phone call from young Jack. Even in an automated message, damn that kid sounds impressive.

As if I needed any more incentive to sign up again for next season, this is just the icing on a navy blue cake.

Good to see the club being proactive & cashing in on a sensational evening last night. I mean, if the 4 other lads weren't great enough to snare, we've added a bloody Silvagni to our playing ranks. Doesn't get much more exciting than that.

Might take me a couple months but rest assured, I'll be signing up again. In no small part to due to Jack & his old man. PUMPED ATM!!!

Got that same call a couple of hours ago, SLC. Impressive indeed. Made me get off my butt and sign up to that interstate membership. Fantastic initiative by the club that shows, at least to me, that the club values its members. That's much of what I ask for.

It's been years since we've had reason to be this excited even if the results will not happen overnight.

Salt Lake Cities and Wickzki - would you have signed up if you got an automated message from Jacob Weitering?
Nope :p

Love the way JW conducts himself in interviews, same with McKay & Curnow. Looking forward to hearing from Cuningham a bit more, too. Seems we've prioritised character & endurance, I love this.

So yeah, I would've been signing up regardless. Jack just had me excited after watching the Silvagni clips. Then along came a phone call. Brilliant :thumbsu:

Got that same call a couple of hours ago, SLC. Impressive indeed. Made me get off my butt and sign up to that interstate membership. Fantastic initiative by the club that shows, at least to me, that the club values its members. That's much of what I ask for.

It's been years since we've had reason to be this excited even if the results will not happen overnight.
I read this and then got excited about getting a call.

Half hour later my phone rings and its a Melbourne number. You beauty! I'm excited!

Except its the WWF cold calling me about money for orangutans in Borneo because I donated a few bucks 5 years ago. Jerks.

Except its the WWF cold calling me about money for orangutans in Borneo because I donated a few bucks 5 years ago. Jerks.

Did you tell them to get the F out?

Great to see the membership department actually used their brains and realised that Jack is a great way to help boost our membership numbers, they will probably be pretty low this year.

Obviously very happy with this pick! But does it mean now we can't pick up his other son/s?

And will this be the first time three generations of the one family have all played for the same club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see the membership department actually used their brains and realised that Jack is a great way to help boost our membership numbers, they will probably be pretty low this year.

Obviously very happy with this pick! But does it mean now we can't pick up his other son/s?

And will this be the first time three generations of the one family have all played for the same club?

I think Collingwood did that with the Howell's.

It matters to some who complain about the boy's club, or question Silvagni's appointment, or question that we are being smart with our recruitment or who think that he could have been taken with a rookie pick.

Unfortunately not everybody gets a lift from the romance of the father/son rule.

Hoping there are no negative sentiments as this has really been a shot in the arm for the CFC.
Definitely a tonic for me. And I see that you've changed your Avatar, for the first time since I've been on this board, to mark the occasion!!!

Definitely a tonic for me. And I see that you've changed your Avatar, for the first time since I've been on this board, to mark the occasion!!!

Probably about the 5th time since you have been here and 2nd time this year. Ran with a Judd one for a while after he retired. I do return to the old faithful eventually though. This one though ... will be hard to give up.

He cost us 59 on its own. But because of the leftover points, our pick at 85 jumped to 57... but we ended up passing after that anyway.
No that's not right. We had the 2 picks after Essendon. We originally had pick 59 and 60, but due to earlier academy and father son bidding, our picks were upgraded to 54 and 55.

Essendon then bid with 53. With the 20% discount, we easily covered it with pick 54. So our pick 54, becomes 53 and we pick up Silvagni. Essendon then has their go with pick 54 and then back to us with pick 55. We then pass that pick

Hahahaha.... almost the highlight of the draft for me. Giggled my ass off.

But yeah, it probably just made you jump sooner.
Made us jump 1 pick earlier than we would have anyway... I think that the plan was to maybe get another kid with 59 (54) and then take Jack with 60 (55).

I think that Dodo just did it for the lolz and to wind up his mate Stephen...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back