Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

That's quite true Lukey and it is a sad indictment on our members too.

Admittedly they have been belted from pillar to post over the past 20-years yet there has been a fair proportion still signing up.

This year more than ever, the club needs everyone to "Get On Board" (might have been a good slogan ??) and enjoy the ride, its going to have some ups & downs but I'm really confident it will be worth it at the end.

It's been rough for a while..but there has been some finals success over that time too. I tip my hat to the members that do sign up..but we pull decent crowds and have some of the largest rates of followers on social media, and this for various reasons does not translate into big membership numbers.

Completely agree with everything you said in the last sentence, everyone does need to Get On Board and the up and down ride will definitely be worth it in the end..

Just a note on membership. This year, due to being a poor student I couldn't afford a membership. Worse I live interstate.

I watched every game and endured the whole year on here, but wasn't a member. So not all non-returners are fairweather supporters

I'm an AFL Member with Blues support. Not sure when AFL Member numbers get counted. I haven't received a Blues pack yet (but have received my AFL Renewal)

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

CUtAq2NWUAA7_E1.jpg:large
I appreciate some people have trouble with this picture being manufactured but this is just such a beautiful Carlton photo. **** it is great having SOS back!

Interviewer to Jack: 'have you spoken to walker about the no.1 next year?'

Jack: 'yes, actually, we're going to make a really big locker with a big door and share it'

The response was so quick, you just know he had it pre-planned

Will Silvagni get the number 1 Guernsey? I hope so.

Andrew Walker, it is fine to change guernseys when you consider the legacy of the Silvagnis.

Watch the 1970 g/f, watch the 1987 g/f...and then you will see the legacy of this family.

Hope Walker doesn't mind changing numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What better way than to start next to his dad and nonos locker and work towards it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Whilst I agree, that Dodoro knew enough of Jack to be comfortable enough in taking him, I think it was a damn certainty at ~50 SOS was going to match. Was a friendly jab, not a doubt at all.

SOS said on SEN that Essendon had visited him a couple of times in the lead up to the draft.

SOS said on SEN that Essendon had visited him a couple of times in the lead up to the draft.

Yeah already mentioned.

There is no doubt Essendon were interested.

Of course, without knowing the minds of the men themselves I can't say 'without doubt', but I am 'very sure' that Dodoro and SOS BOTH knew that the instant Essendon bid on him he was going to Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back