Toast Pick #60: Welcome to Carlton Clem Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Took me two and a half days to pick the Alex Jesaulenko name off the duffel coat and replace it with Frank Marchesani.....
At 50 cents a letter cost me four weeks pocket money as well !!! The hopes I had...
Guaranteed my next favourite Carlton player was going to be Anglo Saxon.
Probably the main reason I loved Des English, only cost me $5 for the letters and $1.50 for the 7 :thumbsu:

We have the next Cyril x Byron... Soon to be the greatest indigenous player besides Adam Goodes and that Adelaide fc guy (who was the most amazing footballer I've ever seen). Don't wish to mention

We have the next Cyril x Byron... Soon to be the greatest indigenous player besides Adam Goodes and that Adelaide fc guy (who was the most amazing footballer I've ever seen). Don't wish to mention

Mcleod?

Kris Massie?

Don't know were this supposed knock on his kicking came from. Looks ok to me good tech nice penetration and he backs himself listing his kicking as one of his strengths. He also scored quite high in the kicking test at the combine top 5/10 I know that doesn't mean a lot. Just not sure why there is a perception that his not good kick.

Don't know were this supposed knock on his kicking came from. Looks ok to me good tech nice penetration and he backs himself listing his kicking as one of his strengths. He also scored quite high in the kicking test at the combine top 5/10 I know that doesn't mean a lot. Just not sure why there is a perception that his not good kick.
I also wondered this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we got two of the best coaches available to best develope Clem in MM can just see mick loving the way Clem goes about it. Rob Wiley was Clems coach when he was working with him in the WA squad and Clem played some great footy under him from wot I hear really think he is an exciting prospect.

Not a technically bad kick, but his decision making can be a bit off sometimes. Tries to do too much.

Not a technically bad kick, but his decision making can be a bit off sometimes. Tries to do too much.
That's inline with most of our picks this year. They all offer something a bit different but the one thing that they all seem to have is a good leg. Stuff like decision making can be fixed. Go blues

gMduj7.gif

He didnt get a run up at so much as he almost leap frogs him, jumping off the ground with both feet as opposed to the usual run up off a step. Very unusual. The kids gonna be a freak. Our new Eddie Betts.

He didnt get a run up at so much as he almost leap frogs him, jumping off the ground with both feet as opposed to the usual run up off a step. Very unusual. The kids gonna be a freak. Our new Eddie Betts.
Different type. Eddie has far superior disposal. Smith appears to have an intense need to physically hurt the opposition with defensive pressure.

Different type. Eddie has far superior disposal. Smith appears to have an intense need to physically hurt the opposition with defensive pressure.
Yeah probably not meant in the fact hes a carbon copy, so much what he brings to the table in his own right. Hes going to make opposition jumpy and perceived pressure means hacked disposals which means turnovers. What Eddie did in our forward line hes going to do probably around the backline. MM had success with Leon Davis in that role and I dont think Mick has changed so much that we cant expect him to play a similar role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back