Toast Pick #60: Welcome to Carlton Clem Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't stop now neng :)

Ha well in school ranks he was compared to Cyril Rioli, however as he's aged and adapted his game Byron Pickett is definitely the stand out comparison. Have seen him do some freakish things. His desire for the footy is second to none. Will stop at very little to get the footy.

Hope this wets your palate also!

Gotta be 77kgs, looks a solid unit already. That mark...good lord!! And drilled the goal. I'm all kinds of excited for this kid. Tough, confident, x-factor.

I think Channel 9 or 7 had a snippet on Clem pre-draft with that mark/goal and another hang that he took plus some other highlights and I was quietly happy on hearing his name called out for the CFC.

I think I have a new favourite as well :D
Don't forget also he can do backflips too. Maybe he can do one every game we win ala aker doing head stands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*king of the hill voice*

Mah Gawd
Boomhauer:

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol' internet an Big Footy. It's real easy, man. You just go on there, point and click. Talk about W-W-dot-W-dot-com. See smithy jumpin high, man. Looks at goal, then goes bang ol' Jeronimoe, and kicks a sausage man!!! Them WA boys, man I tell you what...yep!

images

Last edited:
Boomhauer:

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol' internet an Big Footy. It's real easy, man. You just go on there, point and click. Talk about W-W-dot-W-dot-com. See smithy jumpin high, man. Looks at goal, then goes bang ol' Jeronimoe, and kicks a sausage man!!! Them WA boys, man I tell you what...yep!

images
Dangit GoBby, made me laugh out loud at 3am!

What's your view on why he had a better year in 2013 than 2014?

He was at boarding school in 2013, so he was 17, had a pretty good diet and wasn't out with mates too much on weekends.

2014 he had graduated and wasn't in the structured environment that a boarding house gives you, so naturally (having been there since he was 12) he had reign over his own life and probably went a bit far with drinking and not caring about his diet too much. Also doesn't help that he was at Perth Demons, which are renowned to have the worst player culture in the WAFL.

From memory, Kevin Sheehan approached the school to ask if they could keep him around for another year at boarding school in some way to keep him on the straight and narrow, but that could be a BS rumor. All I know is that put into a system that is structured will help him drop the puppy fat he might have gained and will ensure he plays his best footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back