Universal Love Pick 77: Welcome to Collingwood - Jonathon Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the couple of "don't argues" he gives.:D

Kicking action looks suspect though seems to throw it out in front of him & then he seems to stretch his leg to catch up with the ball.

Yeah the technique definitely needs some work, but it was good to see some footy smarts, like the quick play on look downfield after a mark, his reading of the play in one of the goals were he was involved in a few contests before ultimately kicking a goal himself and showing a bit of vision in hitting up a teammate in a good position instead of taking the shot himself.

Amazing 'highlights'. Really loves to take on the game. To last as long as he did, he obviously has some 'lowlights' to his game. Hopefully he can sort them out, because he looks an exciting talent

For those who have seen a lot of him, where do you see him ending up playing? Looks to me as he could end up as that big bodied mid we seem to be lacking. Seems to pick up the ball alright and has a great burst of speed, whats his agility like?

Hopefully this big fella will turn Marsh into a star
91040599.jpg

I think you're right, we should definitely play Marsh on Dawson in round 1.

You'd draft him purely on that piece of play that starts around 1:45. Involved 3 times and as others have mentioned he is partial to the odd don't argue.

Lock him away with our development coaches and this kid will be dragging people to VFL games to watch his development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ThT new jon marsh highlight video was awesome! Loves the dont argue fend off at almost full pace

I love his Highlights in the Vic Metro game where he gets the ball inside 50 and speeds to the Goal Line while the Vic Metro Players have no time to react

My oh my, that is one impressive highlights reel.

Nice work by the club to show us a bit more that that one game we had so far.

The ball drop still makes me want to vomit. But if they could work for the next 2 years on taming that technique and instilling some serious discipline into his play, he could be something.

I love his f*** off attitude on the field - "I want the ball and I'm going to tear this sh*t up, no matter what." I think that this, in combo with the ball drop, is probably why he blows so hot and cold.

There's every chance he will just frustrate us all and end up as a coulda-shoulda-woulda. But, tame the wild beast and he could be anything.

THIS is what I want from a late pick.

My oh my, that is one impressive highlights reel.

Nice work by the club to show us a bit more that that one game we had so far.

The ball drop still makes me want to vomit. But if they could work for the next 2 years on taming that technique and instilling some serious discipline into his play, he could be something.

I love his f*** off attitude on the field - "I want the ball and I'm going to tear this sh*t up, no matter what." I think that this, in combo with the ball drop, is probably why he blows so hot and cold.

There's every chance he will just frustrate us all and end up as a coulda-shoulda-woulda. But, tame the wild beast and he could be anything.

THIS is what I want from a late pick.

What the hell are you talking about? He's an almost-but-not-quite key position forward size prospect who sprays the ball because of a poor ball drop and who kicks more behinds than he does goals.

Doesn't need to work on a damn thing. He'll be a perfect fit for Collingwood.

I'm lookin' forward to it...

What the hell are you talking about? He's an almost-but-not-quite key position forward size prospect who sprays the ball because of a poor ball drop and who kicks more behinds than he does goals.

Doesn't need to work on a damn thing. He'll be a perfect fit for Collingwood.

I'm lookin' forward to it...

:D

what a highlights package i will enjoy watching him improve his game and develop could be a gun well worth the late draft pick i like his work rate seems to try and make space and use his explosive speed and the dont argues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back