Universal Love Pick 77: Welcome to Collingwood - Jonathon Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't matter what pick he went at, If only thing that was available for all to see was the highlights footage and if there was no big footy, if you compare say Boyd's highlights and compare Marsh, you would say that Marsh should have gone No1, The draft order means nothing. Couple years ago the pies took Thomas at 76 and usual bullshit why so low, something is wrong, not expecting to much, Thomas is a ******* machine. Going at 77 means, 17 other clubs were asleep at wheel. Those highlights were a mix of Judd and Franklin cant wait to win a couple premierships and then Marsh pissing off to GWS for a 10 year 20 million deal in say 8 years time.

It's pretty obvious to me that he's not a key forward. He looks like a bigger, stronger, faster Dale Thomas (with perhaps less footy smarts) and should be developed similarly. Start off a forward flank then move onto the wing with stints in midfield.

He could probably also be used to provide really good run off the back flank like Dale did this season. If he shows ability defensively, he'd likely be a great all sizes type matchup playing on smalls and talls with his height-speed combo.

He has a mix of lots of players, Dustin martin fend off, Dangerfields speed, Rioli run down from behind and kick a bomb goal from 55 etc etc. If this kid develops everything in he's game and reaches he's potential he will be just remembered as J-Marsh the Collingwood star.

Intresting I see in his Highlights, When he goes for marks he taps the ball more than try to mark it. Then he uses his Speed to Retrieve the Ball.

I think he might need some work on his marking and not just tapping it and relying on his Speed all the time.

Reminds me a Little Bit of Thomas with his Run and Carry with his Speed

Intresting I see in his Highlights, When he goes for marks he taps the ball more than try to mark it. Then he uses his Speed to Retrieve the Ball.

I think he might need some work on his marking and not just tapping it and relying on his Speed all the time.

I think he was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down".

His overhead marking (unfortunately) reminds me of Dawes, where he puts his arms up and waits for the ball to hit his hands. Hopefully the developing staff can improve this as well.

I see the potential for a tall defender who spoils his man and then wreaks havoc with his opponent having no chance of going with him once the ball hits the ground or is in our hands.
the opponent tries to lead, Marsh just runs from behind them and runs past and takes the mark

Speed. Big bodied and speed. Unpredictable with speed.

Wow, unusual for his size. This kid could be anything. I hope he has a football brain and dedication to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see, no one could de-code how good he was.

Hine had travelled to the desert the day before to consult the shaman, sup the mushroom juice and see what the footy gods had to say. All they said cryptically was "Don't Argue"... the rest is history

Pretty much the perfect late pick for me

Huge upside but still very raw. Will be great to watch him in the VFL next year, he can do some freakish things. Hopefully Harvey can bring some consistency to his game

Doesn't matter what pick he went at, If only thing that was available for all to see was the highlights footage and if there was no big footy, if you compare say Boyd's highlights and compare Marsh, you would say that Marsh should have gone No1, The draft order means nothing. Couple years ago the pies took Thomas at 76 and usual bullshit why so low, something is wrong, not expecting to much, Thomas is a ******* machine. Going at 77 means, 17 other clubs were asleep at wheel. Those highlights were a mix of Judd and Franklin cant wait to win a couple premierships and then Marsh pissing off to GWS for a 10 year 20 million deal in say 8 years time.

He went 77 because he is shocking kick and for his size has less than average hands. He is clearly a flying machine a great athlete and has a wicked fend off but anyone who looks at the vid and believes the kid does not have to improve a lot in some areas is kidding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back