Player Watch Rory Atkins - Left for Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding to have a quality player out of the 2012 draft despite the sanctions. Props to the club for putting faith in him where other clubs saw too much risk. No risk, no reward.

Might have to wheel out the old Chris knights number 21 or get 21 on a new away uniform next year.

Atkins is in the circle of trust with Tex, Danger, and Smith.

Every kick he gets he takes care to nail it. You can just tell he takes pride in his disposal efficiency and it's not like he goes the easy option, he set us up through the middle with attacking tough kicks a number of times. Wonderful and surprising to see as a crows supporter.

Just needs a little work on his contested game but looks a ripper. Found 3 gems in Atkins, Knight and Lever this year.Walshy had high praise for all 3 in the preseason and let's not forget Knight and Atkins missed the first 10 rounds and Lever is coming off a knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's guys who you want purely on the outside, he's one of those.

Forgot Atkins was eligible. Yeah, he gets it over Crouch.
Which leaves 2 weeks for Crouch to finally be rewarded for his very impressive form.

Oh, that wink. I wonder who he was winking at? I hereby start the rumour, it was some ladies in the crowd. Such swag, attitude. Love it.

Nah I heard he was suggesting to a team mate "Danger can go, I am here"*

*May or may not have been made up by me. Am training to be a Footy Journo.

Doesn't that mean he was first drafted as a rookie in 2012, one of the years we experienced sanctions?

Yes he was, but that's still part of the 2011 drafting period. We got him before the Tippett stuff came to light.

i knew he had a good kick, but witnessing it in person is something else.

His kicking action seems to be consistent, regardless of the distance the ball travels.

Whenever he kicks long, I find myself surprised as the action is so smooth and effortless and very similar to when he kicks short.

Sweet sweet timer of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back