Movie PICK THAT QUOTE!!!

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Simple premise, write a quote, someone names the movie and character who said the quote, then lists a quote to go on with. Obviously the idea is to do it from memory (anyone can IMDB it). Try not to make it a spoiler or wayyyyyy to obscure (alot of people say "Hey" in a movie, its not a quote)

Lets start with an easy one.

"Zed's dead ,baby. Zed's dead"

Happy Gilmore

Not so much a quote but i love it anyway

During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody.

Got two...... million but two will do for now.

1. 'Cundalini wants his hand back!'

2. 'Don't push it. don't push it or i'll give you a war you won't believe.'

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

That queer bikie leader Max Rotanski would later murder in revenge for the death of his wife and kid.

"My name is Buro Houtenfaust. I was named for a Saint who was a very wealthy man. He had the wine, the women, the songs, the whole bit, and then inexplicably, took a vow of poverty and became a hermit. Ran off to live in the forest, in the nude. "

2. 'Don't push it. don't push it or i'll give you a war you won't believe.'

No 2 is John Rambo from First Blood. So many in that movie to choose from too.

"You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent"

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
That queer bikie leader Max Rotanski would later murder in revenge for the death of his wife and kid.

"My name is Buro Houtenfaust. I was named for a Saint who was a very wealthy man. He had the wine, the women, the songs, the whole bit, and then inexplicably, took a vow of poverty and became a hermit. Ran off to live in the forest, in the nude. "

Is that the saint? The Val Kilmer one? Love that film

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's like someone invites you to a party and you don't show up. It doesn't really matter.

John Rambo in Rambo first blood part II

"Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost...."

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
John Rambo in Rambo first blood part II

"Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost...."

Charlie Chaplin - The Great Dictator

"Stay with this kid - he's a loser"

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Charlie Chaplin - The Great Dictator

"Stay with this kid - he's a loser"

The great scott in the hustler.

"They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Alex Karras-
Blazing Saddles

Wait a minute. Christ. You know Christ?
Knew him? s**t, fellow owes me 12 bucks!

Rufus? Dogma - Need to watch that again

Look at that subtle off white colouring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my god, It even has a watermark

Back