Traded Picks 2, 20, 72 for Dom Tyson, Picks 9 and 53

Pat_Footy

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Melb would be very happy with the trade so far Tyson is avg 29d per game he has been fantastic so far and Salam hasnt even played a game yet so how is it a bad trade. Been a massive overeaction to Kelly.

You don't throw away a Chris Judd for a Nick Dal-Santo.... Melbourne can add this to the regrets.

Josh Kelly good? Or MFC good?
Averaging 29 disposals a game. Plus we haven't seen a whisper out of Salem yet as Roos is bringing him through slowly.

Pat_Footy

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Lol well first of all Kelly is not Judd, and Tyson plays nothing like Dal Santo.

Well i'm glad you pointed that out for all the morons who took that post literally. Of course Tyson is nowhere near that level... He's a McLean at best.

Pat_Footy

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't feed the trolls, it is FAR too early to tell who 'won' this trade.

It will be a continuous debate for every year they are both playing.
The winner will only be known at the end of their careers. Your post is irrelevant and stupid.

Bugglz

All Australian
Jun 1, 2011
Hampton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
It will be a continuous debate for every year they are both playing.
The winner will only be known at the end of their careers. Your post is irrelevant and stupid.
Sure, on a completely unrelated note, I can't believe West Coast wasted pick 11 on Dom Sheed when Luke Dunstan was still available! Dunstan averages almost 4 times as many disposals and more goals then Sheed! Dunstan is obviously going to be a gun and I can only assume, based on current output, that Sheed will be a dud. :rolleyes:

Pat_Footy

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Sure, on a completely unrelated note, I can't believe West Coast wasted pick 11 on Dom Sheed when Luke Dunstan was still available! Dunstan averages almost 4 times as many disposals and more goals then Sheed! Dunstan is obviously going to be a gun and I can only assume, based on current output, that Sheed will be a dud. :rolleyes:

I don't mind West Coast's trade bring questioned.
I don't seen any relevance to Dunstan though...

Surely you would compare Scharenberg with the degenerative foot injury, with Dom Sheed. That's the comparison with Tyson and Kelly.

Bugglz

All Australian
Jun 1, 2011
Hampton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United

Surely you would compare Scharenberg with the degenerative foot injury, with Dom Sheed. That's the comparison with Tyson and Kelly.
I think you missed my point...

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Kelly/McCarthy = Tyson/Salem

Looks like win win.

We got a premium return for a homesick player and Melbourne got a ready to go inside mid.

The McCarthy/Salem extras will need a few years to tell if they we're win/wins

LBJ6

Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
Don't feed the troll ladies and gentleman.

Anyone with at least half a brain can see it's a win - win trade.

Those who don't fit the category above (and coincidentally, laugh at players with mental health issues) can please themselves.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi

Yeah. At the moment the question of trades is about the players you missed out on. Not the players you passed on in the draft.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I honestly would like to know if you have ever known someone with depression or bipolar for that matter?

What he is going through is more then a footy club. More then AFL.

If you do not know that you are oblivious to mental conditions.

This is honestly one of the worst posts I have seen in this site.

Good call

So narrow minded and a childish thing to say that mental illness does not exist.

Jordan Lewis spoke candidly tonight on 'AFL360' about the triumphs and tribulations that even Dayle Garlett was experiencing even in the pocket of a superstar like Luke Hodge. Said that the constant anxiety battle for 17 - 18 - 19 year olds was far worse than anything they may experience on the footy field. The extra attention they are to receive for being in the public eye, even if you were the last rookie pick, the ever turning nazi routine they are to adhere to.

I cannot simply comprehend someone bagging out another human for being mentally unstable. If Mitch Clark was playing footy, things may have been different. Eddie mentioned over the weekend in an interview he did last year that the $$$ constantly played on his mind and felt like he was letting down his team mates and supporters for not being on the park longer.

To be brutally honest here for a minute. Seems like a genuinely decent guy who is business like in his adventures. To be criticised for his actions is pathetic by keyboard heroes. Good luck to the bloke and from the wider football community, get better soon Mitch !

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon

Confuscius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NY Jets, Storm, Liverpool, Thunder
His condition has been mentioned in dozens of places today so it's irrelevant if you've explicitly stated it or not, the mere mention of Clark's name automatically creates a reference to his problems due to the public nature of his retirement.

The fact is a good player has left Melbourne because of reasons which have nothing to do with Melbourne's football department.

Yet seemingly moments after you've heard the news you've bumped a thread in order to further demonstrate why you think they are a 'basket case'.

What Clark is battling is incredibly serious and you using it to question the methods of a football club and the flippant attitude towards his illness is frankly insulting to anyone who has suffered or known anyone to have suffered from anything similar to what Clark is going through.

But keep trolling I'm sure that's more important.

Demonheart

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2002
MCG, pocket, Punt rd end
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Victory, Hereford
Kelly/McCarthy = Tyson/Salem

Looks like win win.

We got a premium return for a homesick player and Melbourne got a ready to go inside mid.

The McCarthy/Salem extras will need a few years to tell if they we're win/wins

I agree, Kelly was always going to be a gun player, there's no question but Melbourne desperately needed a big bodied mid like Tyson in the team.

I think this will end up being one the best Win/Win trades of all time.

Back