Picola & District FL 3rds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

yeh, we lost all three games oby about 3 goals, i think it shows that one training run wont cut it as i still dont know about 5 of the others names. we had 5 or 6 players out including vic country representative tom clurey, which would have been very handy. lachlan sidebottom got the bag, other solid performers i thought were andy o'connor, elliot small, kaiden antonovich and david low.

i wont say who shouldnt be in the team, cos its a bit harsh haha, but there will be a few who will struggle to keep their spot when the others come back in.
i think we may have won the second half of the match, we only started to play as a team from half time (putting on shephards, talking to eachother etc )

I think Hank2 you have made an excellent comment about not knowing all team mates and one training run not cutting it. Lack of interest in past years has resulted in the current setup for interleague selection and training. Easily fixed if enough interest from players!!

do you want to be more competitive in interleague and prepared to do more training as a PDFL group to achieve that? In my opinion there is a huge depth of talent on both sides of the league that is not being used to its optimum. Obviously a vic country rep is a big out, but with the talent around this should not have been a problem.

When clubs can only nominate 2 players makes it hard for coaches to know the next best across the league when injuries, unavailability starts to come into play. Especially when nominations were called before the season even started!!!

Interesting to note the two best players in the Under 16's good win were both from Blighty (I am trying hard not to gloat, haha) and neither played in the Under 17's at Moama, have been included for Deakin. This was no fault of the coaches just some problems with the selection process.

big game this weekend...berrigan v rovers ? will be a good and close game i would say!!!! who do people think will win????

big game this weekend...berrigan v rovers ? will be a good and close game i would say!!!! who do people think will win????

I think it will depend on who is available for selection on both sides. Boarding school boys ?? senior selections ?? Rovers have had a few 3rds boys playing seniors the last few weeks so they may not be available. Also with berrigan having a few injuries in the seniors a few of the 3rds may be asked to play a bigger role at senior level. It will be a good game no doubt. Funny to see the two top teams playing in the north and only 2 or 3 of the boys were good enough to make the interleague squad..........

I think Hank2 you have made an excellent comment about not knowing all team mates and one training run not cutting it. Lack of interest in past years has resulted in the current setup for interleague selection and training. Easily fixed if enough interest from players!!

do you want to be more competitive in interleague and prepared to do more training as a PDFL group to achieve that? In my opinion there is a huge depth of talent on both sides of the league that is not being used to its optimum. Obviously a vic country rep is a big out, but with the talent around this should not have been a problem.

When clubs can only nominate 2 players makes it hard for coaches to know the next best across the league when injuries, unavailability starts to come into play. Especially when nominations were called before the season even started!!!

Interesting to note the two best players in the Under 16's good win were both from Blighty (I am trying hard not to gloat, haha) and neither played in the Under 17's at Moama, have been included for Deakin. This was no fault of the coaches just some problems with the selection process.

well thats the point isnt it. we need to have atleast a good 3 training runs to have a decent look at the talent around. not having a crack at scotty greig or browny, but i dont think they would be too familiar with a lot of players in the north west comp, and with having just one training run they wouldnt really be able to have a good look at the best of the north west, especially when some are injured or just couldnt make it. but as you said, would everyone be willing to turn up for 3 or 4 weeks?

Dookie signed up mic uin last night from shepp high. He has been watching most matches this year and has finally signed up.

He will be a good inclusion for us as i think andy O'connor will play the rest of the year in the one's.

With the interleague i have heard there will be between 7-9 changes made to the side with key fowards and midfield players to be added.

Berrigan boys look like the team to beat this year after smashing 2nd place deni on the weekend. anyone elses thoughts on this?

Dookie signed up mic uin last night from shepp high. He has been watching most matches this year and has finally signed up.

He will be a good inclusion for us as i think andy O'connor will play the rest of the year in the one's.

With the interleague i have heard there will be between 7-9 changes made to the side with key fowards and midfield players to be added.
this is irrelevant to the football discussion, but what time do we have to be at deakin by does anyone know?
michael uin to dookie? thats great for them, not for the rest of the league. i thought the league was going to be a lot closer between the top 4 or 5 than previous years but i guess not. all credit to dookie for recruiting :)

this is irrelevant to the football discussion, but what time do we have to be at deakin by does anyone know?
Michael uin to dookie? Thats great for them, not for the rest of the league. I thought the league was going to be a lot closer between the top 4 or 5 than previous years but i guess not. All credit to dookie for recruiting :)

8.45 !!

Hank2 how is cam hickey here he is a tad unwell. will this put him out of many home and away games?

Dookie is fielding there strongest team yet in the thirds sam wellems andy o'connor and kaiden antonowicz are all back from the 1st. Plus mic uin will be playing.
We still have jacob o'connor and james ocalaghan to come back into the side both would be walk up starters in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brownsnake,
any updates on the interleague in's and out's for sundays game??
or will all be revealed tomorrow in the spectator?
if you ask me, i think its a bit of a balls-up that us players only find out about the final team the day before the actual game. i know it would be hard, but the interleague system needs to be reviewed and i feel sorry for scotty grieg, he's doing the best he can and doesnt seem to be getting much help from the league.
any comments appreciated...

side will be in the spectator all clubs should of been notified by now who is playing and who isnt team was sent to league a week or so ago.

coaches and the league have been very busy its not as easy as people think. Players not making themselfs avaliable injuries makes the job even harder.

I think next year there will be some changes made, its just hard to get every on the same page.

Also the travel is hard for some if we were to do more training sessions or games it starts to cost not only the parents but the league and coaching staff as they do the lot for nothing.
off the top of my head ins are

kirby,ansley,mynard,shults,peers,botril,luci
not 100% sure but best to look in the book saturday.

brownsnake,
any updates on the interleague in's and out's for sundays game??
or will all be revealed tomorrow in the spectator?
if you ask me, i think its a bit of a balls-up that us players only find out about the final team the day before the actual game. i know it would be hard, but the interleague system needs to be reviewed and i feel sorry for scotty grieg, he's doing the best he can and doesnt seem to be getting much help from the league.
any comments appreciated...
When was the squad picked ?
I thought all clubs got the squad last week !

Hank2 how is cam hickey here he is a tad unwell. will this put him out of many home and away games?

Dookie is fielding there strongest team yet in the thirds sam wellems andy o'connor and kaiden antonowicz are all back from the 1st. Plus mic uin will be playing.
We still have jacob o'connor and james ocalaghan to come back into the side both would be walk up starters in the team.
he has had the last 2 or 3 weeks off i think. he has glanjula fever which is never easy to get rid of, when he'll make his return depends on how bad he has it i think. as it usually stays for a few months.

im gonna say it right now, dookie wont get beaten.

can someone please put on here the ins and outs of the interleague squad last sunday? results? best players?

sidebottom was a notable out and that really hurt the team. most dominant ruckman in the south east division some would say?
heard he has an injured knee, can you shed any light on that hank2?

sidebottom was a notable out and that really hurt the team. most dominant ruckman in the south east division some would say?
heard he has an injured knee, can you shed any light on that hank2?
got a bad corked quad in seniors. i doubt that he'll play this week
katunga vs katandra. any thoughts?

Sidey was a huge loss also guss ford 2 good players, but i thought ed mckenzie stepped up in the ruck he played 3rds 2nds and boundary for the 1st then backed it up with a full game sunday.

What did everyone from the se side think of mic uin who was a late inclusion he is pretty hard at it i know i wouldnt want to get in his way

Everyone can say all they want bout the coaches bringing in more dookie players but when you have players pull out a hour b4 the bounce you have to find players some how.

If ed mckenze jayden thewma and mic uin were not put in the side the side would of lost by alot more, plus loosing gun players in Peers and ansley early would of seen the bench with only 2 fit players on it.

Now the rep footy is done the road to finals is upon us, i think with hicky & sidey out for katandra they will find it hard to hold onto 3rd spot.

got a bad corked quad in seniors. i doubt that he'll play this week
katunga vs katandra. any thoughts?

thats a big loss for Katandra. they will no doubt really struggle without sidey and hickey. in syaing that, they will still be a strong side and will put up a good fight this weekend. katunga should take home the win by about 4 goals. elliott small and jared hicks are on fire and dominating, they seem to have more support this year with players like mitch hitchcock and braydon sutton really stepping up and playing good footy.

Sidey was a huge loss also guss ford 2 good players, but i thought ed mckenzie stepped up in the ruck he played 3rds 2nds and boundary for the 1st then backed it up with a full game sunday.

What did everyone from the se side think of mic uin who was a late inclusion he is pretty hard at it i know i wouldnt want to get in his way

Everyone can say all they want bout the coaches bringing in more dookie players but when you have players pull out a hour b4 the bounce you have to find players some how.

If ed mckenze jayden thewma and mic uin were not put in the side the side would of lost by alot more, plus loosing gun players in Peers and ansley early would of seen the bench with only 2 fit players on it.

Now the rep footy is done the road to finals is upon us, i think with hicky & sidey out for katandra they will find it hard to hold onto 3rd spot.

was there on sunday watching the game. ed mckenzie stepped up really well and definatley held his own in the ruck contests.
and i am on your side there brownsnake, nobody should critisise the coaches decisons. all three of those dookie players were very handy in's and micheal uin is a wrecking ball!!

best players, goals, comments and final scores?

as for katandra, i think they will find it hard to maintain 3rd spot but have a much better percentage than katunga and that could really help them at the end of the season.

kid is a machine laid some great hits on sunday and used the ball pretty well when he had it, will definately be a handy pick up for the dooks. it will be interesting to see if katandra can hold 3rd spot im pretty sure we have katunga in the last round so it might come down to that game to see who finishes in the 3 will be a good game on the wkn though.

I think that bringing in more dookie players to the side was a benifit for the team. dookie is clearly the dominant team of the comp so i think the more players from dookie we had, the better off the team was. Scott Grieg was a grate coach. and when u need players 1 hour before the game starts, it was easier for him to get dookie players. Mic Uin is a gun, cant wait to see him play again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back