Picola & District FL 3rds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

we are getting towards the business end of the year with still 6 teams a chance to play finals.
i think Katunga and Katandra are the roughies to play in a flag, i think they could both beat shepp east if they play at 100%. It will come down to smart coaching and even smarter playing for these teams to beat east.

Any side who plays at there best for a full game could even upset dookie, yes we are on top averaging less that 10 points a game against as but anything can happen in footy.

This week every game is going to help shape the ladder.

katunga v dookie should be a cracker i would expect kutunga to be fired up and take some confidence into the game due to the result last time. dookie have still a hand full of players to come back into the side in the next 2 or 3 week.

Katandra v east will be even better after last week i think katandra will be not a happy camp and will be looking to get back 3rd spot.

Rennie V Waaia for the spoon, cant see the standard of football being to good but i think waaia will get the points.

Tunga v Katty, if clurey plays katty will win if he doesn't tunga will win simple as that.

Dookie by 75 Dimatropulos BOG
Katandra by 2 J-Brereton to shut down L-Morrison
Waaia by 24 Low BOG
katty by 13 Clurey to kick 7

we are getting towards the business end of the year with still 6 teams a chance to play finals.
i think Katunga and Katandra are the roughies to play in a flag, i think they could both beat shepp east if they play at 100%. It will come down to smart coaching and even smarter playing for these teams to beat east.

Any side who plays at there best for a full game could even upset dookie, yes we are on top averaging less that 10 points a game against as but anything can happen in footy.

This week every game is going to help shape the ladder.

katunga v dookie should be a cracker i would expect kutunga to be fired up and take some confidence into the game due to the result last time. dookie have still a hand full of players to come back into the side in the next 2 or 3 week.

Katandra v east will be even better after last week i think katandra will be not a happy camp and will be looking to get back 3rd spot.

Rennie V Waaia for the spoon, cant see the standard of football being to good but i think waaia will get the points.

Tunga v Katty, if clurey plays katty will win if he doesn't tunga will win simple as that.

Dookie by 75 Dimatropulos BOG
Katandra by 2 J-Brereton to shut down L-Morrison
Waaia by 24 Low BOG
katty by 13 Clurey to kick 7

i heard clurey did his hammy while playin for vic? anyone else hear anything? katandra should be back to full strenght this wk against east have had players in and out the past 3 or 4 wks so should be interesting to see how we go this wk

i heard clurey did his hammy while playin for vic? anyone else hear anything? katandra should be back to full strenght this wk against east have had players in and out the past 3 or 4 wks so should be interesting to see how we go this wk[/quote

sidey is still out, i reckon he'll be back next week.
i predict
shepp east by 6 goals
dookie by 14 goals
katty by 4 goals
waaia by 3 goals

i heard clurey did his hammy while playin for vic? anyone else hear anything? katandra should be back to full strenght this wk against east have had players in and out the past 3 or 4 wks so should be interesting to see how we go this wk[/quote

sidey is still out, i reckon he'll be back next week.
i predict
shepp east by 6 goals
dookie by 14 goals
katty by 4 goals
waaia by 3 goals

shepp dookie waaia tunga all easy

yeh tyson and ferg cartainly arent standouts.
steve barrett is good, his no ash saunders though
nearing the end of the season now, who do we all think will win the league B&F???
i think dave lowe would be up there, as he has played most games, and his dad umpires every week.

it looks like kaiden antonowics is having a great season, not sure if he has played enough games though.

ollie ross has played nearly every game, and without clurey, he is katty's only standout.

i dont think anyone from shepp east will win it as their best players will steal the votes from eachother.

elliot small should go very close, as katunga have only 2 or 3 dominant players.

dookie will have way to many players taking votes
Kaiden, mic uin, siro brana, ed mckenzie, cal mitropulos will all get high votes, my roughy is aiden dimatropolus be the best 1 on 1 player in the league can play on the best forwards or on ballers. recently been on the ball smashing the clearances.

Lachy sidebottom only chance from katandra
Lachy morrison is the love child of shepp east so will get votes in most games.

But elliot small has no competiton in his team really, the worst thing about league medals the best players dont always win them. It all depends on if you can star in a side that is not up the top or know the umpires well.

dookie welcome back andy o this week he has killed it in the ones past 8 or so weeks and now has come back for the year. Will make the side a tad better with him running around in the guts :)

Rezza Karimi will be back in a few weeks which will boost the forward line bring on the last 3 games i say.

dookie will have way to many players taking votes
Kaiden, mic uin, siro brana, ed mckenzie, cal mitropulos will all get high votes, my roughy is aiden dimatropolus be the best 1 on 1 player in the league can play on the best forwards or on ballers. recently been on the ball smashing the clearances.

Lachy sidebottom only chance from katandra
Lachy morrison is the love child of shepp east so will get votes in most games.

But elliot small has no competiton in his team really, the worst thing about league medals the best players dont always win them. It all depends on if you can star in a side that is not up the top or know the umpires well.

dookie welcome back andy o this week he has killed it in the ones past 8 or so weeks and now has come back for the year. Will make the side a tad better with him running around in the guts :)

Rezza Karimi will be back in a few weeks which will boost the forward line bring on the last 3 games i say.
I would have to dissagree with this comment. If elliort small was to win the league B an F i think he would fully deserve it, not just because he plays in a team with fewer dominate players.

Fair call i small is a gun But it does have so much to do with being in a side with less quality players.

Shepp east dookie katandra will have 4 or 5 player who will take votes off someone. Kutunga stand outs are hicks and small and i couldnt see anyone else taking votes.

and hank with you saying david lowe will get votes it would be a joke if he does not the best skills and never mans up, he is good at one thing but thats being a snipper. So i guess if there is a medal for that he would win it because he seems pretty proud to snipper people.

BP: Jarrid Hicks FB: Braden Cecchin BP: Jarred Fountain

BF: Jayden Thoma CHB: Sam Welleims BF: Cam Hickey

W: Ollie Ross C: Ayden Dimatroplus W:Elliot Small

FF: Shannon Ansley CHF: Tom Clurey FF: Mic Uin

FP: Kaiden Antonwicz FF: Ed Mckenzie FP: Ash Saunders

Ruck: Lachy Sidebottom RR: Andy Oconnor R: Lachy Morrison

Bench: Declan Ryan Klae Rowan Rezza Karimi
Branden Corish Cal Mitropolus Tyson Marsden

that team there would of won the moama carnival and smasded the KDFL interleague.

BP: Jarrid Hicks FB: Braden Cecchin BP: Jarred Fountain

FF: Shannon Ansley CHF: Tom Clurey FF: Mic Uin

Bench: Declan Ryan Klae Rowan Rezza Karimi
Branden Corish Cal Mitropolus Tyson Marsden

that team there would of won the moama carnival and smasded the KDFL interleague.

i do agree with you there brownsnake
that is a gun team, although i would take out tyson marsden and brandon corish and put in marc luci from strathy and josh peers from blighty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BP: Jarred Hicks FB: Braden Cecchin BP: Jarred Fountain

FF: Shannon Aynsley CHF: Tom Clurey FF: Mic Uin

Bench: Declan Ryan, Klae Rowan, Rezza Karimi,
Branden Corish, Cal Mitropolus, Tyson Marsden

I would also have Angus Ford (Tungamah) Josh peers and cam shultz (blighty) jack podesta (berrigan) and mark luci (stathy) in there.

Yes and also bill walton from blighty
Yea big Bill was very impressive at Barooga which plenty of blokes named in Snakes side also played in .
Add to that
Cooper , Hope ( Deni ) , MacDonald ( Blighty ), Schifferle , Walliss ( Berrigan ) , Vesty and Allingham ( in best (?) at Moama) , Henery ( Jeriderie ), Slatterie or Jones ( Yarroweyah ). Stephens ( Strathy ) and I'm sure I have missed a couple !
plenty of blokes that could be considered and would warrant being in that side !

I was just doing a SE comp side, pretty hard to comment to much on the NW players but if i did a full one most of those names thrown around would be in for sure.

NW blokes try put together a best team for your side will see how they match up be a quality game one i would love to see down the track sometime.

Katandra V Katunga will be a quality game Katandra should get up by 2 or 3 goals but it will come down to who wants it more.
Sidey will dominate the ruck so if he taps away from elliot small that will keep him quiet and win the kats the game.

Can kaiden antonwicz kick 19 goals to get his 100, super effort for him just turning 16 playing as a small forward and played only 12 games for 81 goals.

Yea big Bill was very impressive at Barooga which plenty of blokes named in Snakes side also played in .
Add to that
Cooper , Hope ( Deni ) , MacDonald ( Blighty ), Schifferle , Walliss ( Berrigan ) , Vesty and Allingham ( in best (?) at Moama) , Henery ( Jeriderie ), Slatterie or Jones ( Yarroweyah ). Stephens ( Strathy ) and I'm sure I have missed a couple !
plenty of blokes that could be considered and would warrant being in that side !
i dont mean to sound biassed, but all of the kids that played at moama from the n.w struggled (imo) except for justin allingham and that small lochie kid from jerilderie i think. as brownsnake said, i would love to see north west vs south east! somebody should organize it

i dont mean to sound biassed, but all of the kids that played at moama from the n.w struggled (imo) except for justin allingham and that small lochie kid from jerilderie i think. as brownsnake said, i would love to see north west vs south east! somebody should organize it
Righto , l'll attempt to settle this nw versus se arguement , hopefully once and for all , the Nw clubs are prodominately the traditional type PDFL clubs , a young 8-9 year old wants to play footy he goes to his local club and plays through until he reaches his senior career . This means that generally there is 5-6 top age kids in either the under 14's or under 17's . in the SE some clubs have the benefit of being able to gain players who finish at under 16 level at a junior footy league . Goulburn campaspe league , shepp juniors etc.
It means that some of these clubs have a greater amount of top age kids , which is great for the clubs involved to increase junior and future numbers and also great for the standard of the league in general .
But don't for a minute suggest that one side / conference has more players than the other in the top 30 or 50 in the whole league , because if you think that way, your kidding yourself , which ever side of the boat you row !
If you were honest and were to pick the best 30 or 50 and picked 15 or 25 respectively from either conference you wouldn't be far off the mark !!
Forget about conference versus conference at under 17 level, nothing to prove and it would mean the loss of opportunity for player exposure to elite squad opportunities or club representation , which should be at the fore front of all junior players !

Righto, l'll attempt to settle this nw versus se arguement , hopefully once and for all , the Nw clubs are prodominately the traditional type PDFL clubs , a young 8-9 Year old wants to play footy he goes to his local club and plays through until he reaches his senior career . This means that generally there is 5-6 top age kids in either the under 14's or under 17's . in the SE some clubs have the benefit of being able to gain players who finish at under 16 level at a junior footy league . Goulburn campaspe league , shepp juniors etc.
It means that some of these clubs have a greater amount of top age kids , which is great for the clubs involved to increase junior and future numbers and also great for the standard of the league in general .
But don't for a minute suggest that one side / conference has more players than the other in the top 30 or 50 in the whole league , because if you think that way, your kidding yourself , which ever side of the boat you row !
If you were honest and were to pick the best 30 or 50 and picked 15 or 25 respectively from either conference you wouldn't be far off the mark !!
Forget about conference versus conference at under 17 level, nothing to prove and it would mean the loss of opportunity for player exposure to elite squad opportunities or club representation , which should be at the fore front of all junior players !
Well said there peace just remember south boys that berrrigan juniors have played in the last 5 under 14s grand finals even when you boys were still in the comp losing to katunga, picola? and shepp east and beating shepp east once and thrasing strathy last year so im sure that there would be some boys in the north league that would be in the top 22 under 17 boys:thumbsu:

Well said there peace just remember south boys that berrrigan juniors have played in the last 5 under 14s grand finals even when you boys were still in the comp losing to katunga, picola? and shepp east and beating shepp east once and thrasing strathy last year so im sure that there would be some boys in the north league that would be in the top 22 under 17 boys:thumbsu:
I'll back you up Chicken 38, Berrigan formidable juniors, well done, add to that Blighty Under 17's and Under 14's also contested the final series before the split in the league. So both our junior sides up there amongst the top as well. Add to that the nw had a number of players named in the best in a couple of those interleague teams so I think we can hold our heads high!

Now looking from a whole of Picola & District League perspective we boast a large talent pool which we should all be proud of and if all were available and fit the PDFL should be able to even give the MFL a bit of a run for their money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back